Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Portrait of a Godly Wife

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
V

vinc

PORTRAIT OF A GODLY WIFE

A godly wife submits to the headship of her husband as ordained by God knowing that even as she does so she is really submitting to God. She recognizes that the freest place she can be is under the authority of her husband. She "brings her husband good and not evil all the days of his life." She is industrious and creative, making the most of the family’s resources to provide abundantly for the needs of her children and husband. When her husband is in error before the Lord, she seeks to win him over by her behavior and Christ-likeness rather than by nagging, complaining, or other verbal means. She does not grudgingly minister to her husband but does so joyfully and heartily. She raises her children to respect her and their father and to honor God. She prays diligently for her husband and children.

She is ruled by the word of God rather than her own emotions, desires, or her own ideas about the ways things "should be." She walks in close fellowship with the Lord and is ruled by the Spirit of God rather than her own flesh. Her life reflects the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians chapter 5.

She realizes her body is not hers alone but also her husbands and she shares it with him in joyful lovemaking on a regular basis.

She looks not only to her own interests but also the interests of her husband. Her husband is able to have full confidence in her. Her behavior brings her husband respect. She is a helper to him in many areas, using her own particular gifts and training to benefit the family. She has a gentle and quiet spirit that makes her beautiful in the eyes of God. She uses her speech to build up and encourage her husband in the faith. She is not critical of her husband to him or to others. She is ruled by a fear of the Lord.

* Check it out in Scripture! Ephesians 5, 1 Corinthians 13, Proverbs 31, Colossians 3, 1 Peter 3, 1 Timothy 3, 5 and others!

2001, Daren Martin, PhD
Christian Counseling Associates
972-881-8383

May be copied if copied in its entirety!

:biggrin This is great,but you must also realize it must be the husband
who teaches the wife with the example of love and Christ likeness.
He must lead the way so she can follow. A husband should be a great
leader and an excellent example to his wife and his children.

A godly wife submits to the headship of her husband as ordained by God knowing that even as she does so she is really submitting to God. She recognizes that the freest place she can be is under the authority of her husband. She "brings her husband good and not evil all the days of his life." She is industrious and creative, making the most of the family’s resources to provide abundantly for the needs of her children and husband. When her husband is in error before the Lord, she seeks to win him over by her behavior and Christ-likeness rather than by nagging, complaining, or other verbal means. She does not grudgingly minister to her husband but does so joyfully and heartily.

Sounds like they're describing the perfect cocker spaniel.

:lol:

I'm obviously not the portrait of a Godly wife because certain times of the month I may nag and complain. I ALWAYS nag and complain when I find his clothes thrown on the floor, the toilet seat up, etc, but my hubby and I are perfectly happy. We respect one another, have fun together, etc. We just "Work".

BTW....I refused to say "obey" in my vows. Neither of us said it. We don't need to obey each other. Respect and love is all you need.

Hear, hear Nikki! :biggrin BTW, I saw the pic of you and your family in the other thread. Those are two beautiful girls you have! :smt023

Heathen said:
Hear, hear Nikki! :biggrin BTW, I saw the pic of you and your family in the other thread. Those are two beautiful girls you have! :smt023

Thank you! I'm pround of my babies. Although, they're growing up so fast. :sad

I know there are certain ways that I "should" be as a wife, but my husband and I are happy and love each other. That's a lot better than some marriages out there that try to do exactly as the bible says. I've always said RESPECT is the key. And love. And God. We both love God and when we have problems, I turn to prayer. Although, those really good arguments help a lot too. Unless the hubby is in one of those moods where he can ignore me. UGH!!! I hate it when he ignores me! I've tried and tried to ignore him, but I'm just not the ignoring type.

My husband has said he wouldn't want me to change anything about myself (well, maybe one thing....lol...I'll just say that it's in intimacy issue. What can I say though. I'm too tired!).

To each his/her own. As long as you and your husband are happy, and your relationshop works, then there is no need to change. As you can probably guess by my name, I'm not in favour of the "Godly wife" role for women. Or at least not in favour of the one mentioned above in the initial post.

My life verse is Proverbs 31:29. I like the King James Version best.
"Many daughters have done virtuously but thou excellest them all."
This verse is talking about being a noble wife. It was given to me when I was a little girl, and I try to live up to it. Proverbs 31 is a great chapter to read.

It's funny,

Even as I being a husband and a father, I get a kick out of topics like this. You hear of the verses where "Wives should do this" and "Wives should do that". Then you hear the rebuttal...this has been around for ages.

It's usually the one who delivers the info, in what manner the info is given, and the environment or timing in when it was given.

Something like this has much more impact to women when given by women to women who are looking change character or evaluate themselves. This is all part of fellowship and encouraging one another.

The post is like a time bomb. Not questioning the truth... the presentation.

Another funny note, for every one verse that mentions how a woman should be a woman, there are five that describe a how a man should be a man....and usually, the wife will reflect the husband just as we all try to reflect Christ. I see it in my wife and see it in my children.

Oh well...just my thoughts...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back