Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Post your pics..

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
then why would a pro-isreal american jew say that? ok maybe i read that wrong. ok. one last thing i have also heard that isreal has a that return to the homeland policy. if you are a messianic jew they deny you such right.

There are restrictions on proselytizing, but that's aimed at foreign Christian missionaries. I'm not an expert on Israeli law, but I've met messianic jews, from Russia, who don't seem to have had troubles with their religious activities.

There are restrictions on proselytizing, but that's aimed at foreign Christian missionaries. I'm not an expert on Israeli law, but I've met messianic jews, from Russia, who don't seem to have had troubles with their religious activities.
ok. i know of the laws on the foreign missoniaries. of course messanic jews are an interesting lot. here in america i have found that they are gentiles.

ok. i know of the laws on the foreign missoniaries. of course messanic jews are an interesting lot. here in america i have found that they are gentiles.

Jason, what I know of Israel and religious practice, just comes from having spent time there, not from a study of the law. I think Israel does quite a good job of protecting religious freedom. But remember, Israel is a small country, about the size of New Jersey with a population less than New York City.

The Jews and Muslims there do not proselytize the way Christians do, and Christians can overwhelm the country with very aggressive, harassing, proselytizing if not restricted. I've seen conversations on the streets of Jerusalem with western Christians literally screaming at shop owners trying to convince them they're wrong as Jews. It's embarassing for me, and I'm just an uninvolved bystander.

Now, conversation can be really animated in Israel, but I can see why Israel needs to control the worst of it. I don't think religious expression, or even conversions, are seen as a problem, it's the aggressive proselytizing that's a problem.

jews like arabs are boisterous in their conservations. especially when bartering or buying or selling. yup sounds like a gentile to do that without at least thinking about how jews see the christian. i have gotten further with an orthodox jew in talking about my reasearch into her faith then any christian could have.

I think you've misidentified this. It's the Russian orthodox church Maria Magdalena, on the Mount of Olives.

Yes, thank you.
I'll post the mosque.:thumbsup

here are more photos.
Muslim mosque in Nazareth...
Naz2.jpg

-
Jordan River..
Camping018.jpg

--
Camping017.jpg

-
Camping016.jpg

-
Lots of cats in Israel..
cats4-1.jpg

-
Try not to be confused..
Naz3.jpg

-
These are not any prettier close up..

Naz1.jpg

-
Welcome to Nazareth..
IMG_0111.jpg

-
IMG_0107.jpg

-
IMG_0100.jpg

-
IMG_0062.jpg

-
I think this is called the "Church of Mary"...Its in Nazareth.

IMG_0089.jpg

Impressive church building in Nazareth
IMG_0064.jpg

-
IMG_0063.jpg

-
IMG_0051.jpg

-
IMG_0007.jpg

-
Looking down from Mount Tabor
IMG_0040.jpg

-
IMG_0041.jpg

-
IMG_0032.jpg

-
Nice summer day in Israel..
IMG_0028.jpg

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsupthank you so much for the pics Kidron, looking at them makes me feel i'm already in Israel :) and the Jordan river , i can't imagine that's where Joshua and his men crossed ..beautiful...:prayi pray i can go to Israel too!:biggrin

then why would a pro-isreal american jew say that? ok maybe i read that wrong. ok. one last thing i have also heard that isreal has a that return to the homeland policy. if you are a messianic jew they deny you such right.

There is a messianic Russian jew who operates a Christian TV station here in Israel.
So, yeah, they allow you to be a quiet believer without much fuss, and they welcome Christian tourists with open arms.
Where all this acceptance gets a bit tight, is on Shabbat, near the Old City, on backstreets.
Because there, you will discover a......."no driving, no Christians, policy" that has no sign posted, and if you violate this situation you will find some seriously angry rabbinical jews in the road and on the sidewalks.
Its not a place to play.

I recall that the first month i was here, of course i was all excited to see The city of David.
So, i rented a nice room in Jerusalem on a Friday, and that afternoon, past sundown, tho still light, i was of course lost trying to find my way around the back roads of the old city.
My GPS of course, was helping me to be as lost as possible.
So, there i was in a red car on a long one way street in the middle of the outskirts of the old city of Jerusalem, and suddenly i realized, its shabbat:o , and that is why im the only car on the road, and that is why there are very very angry jews dressed in black who are screaming at me with foamy spit flying out of their mouths.
There were literally hundreds of these rabbinical jews in the road, on the sidewalk, all walking slowly.
I felt like i was on another planet and i was the alien.
Not fun.

K

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsupthank you so much for the pics Kidron, looking at them makes me feel i'm already in Israel :) and the Jordan river , i can't imagine that's where Joshua and his men crossed ..beautiful...:prayi pray i can go to Israel too!:biggrin

You are welcome.
Im glad you want to come here.
Its a trip...
And its certainly a trip that a Christian will find to be what they didnt expect.
There is no way to accurately tell you what Israel is like, ....the people, the place, the roads, the cats, the food, the sounds.
Its another world.

For example, last month there were 3 bomb siren warnings that went off in the city where im staying....(Netanya).
When this happens, the people who are driving all stop in the road, no matter where they are, and stand by their car until the siren ends.
They are waiting for instructions.
Ither, "all is well" or " get your government issued GAS MASK and run for you lives".
And these amazing people live under this daily threat, and still manage to be happy, have lots of babies, and in general live life to the fullest.
I liver very near the Mediterranean coast, and 4 times a week, i go to a free gym that is on the beach.
I am always amazed that there are about 30 there like clockwork, who are all at least 65 years old, and many are well into their 70s or 80s.
There they are , stretching, doing sit ups, using the machines, talking loudly, just living life and loving life.
They are not sitting in front of their TV, locked into the recliner, waiting for the end.
They are always doing something, every minute..
Busy, Busy, busy.

I hope you are all able to come here, and or come back.
Its it always such a head rush to think...."wow, did Jesus walk where im walking, did Jesus go to this beach......is this the place on the Red sea were God parted the waters"...
Come to Israel.
Take a 2 week tour, stay in a hotel, and just soak it all in.
Dont forget your camera and be sure you wear some comfortable walking shoes, coz here, you are going to be doing some walking.
Everyone does.

K

Last edited by a moderator:
i can relate to that from a veterans perspective. its called resiliancy training. war isnt so bad when one adjusts to it.

I was tokd cameras are not allowed in some places.

Is the Pillar of salt still there? (Lot's wife). Someone said she brought the salt. Perhaps she was kidding.

Another told me he saw the plates used for the Supper thing.

---
I would like to visit and see the relics of the ark, Jerrico walls, His Tomb, Golgotha etc. I wonder if they are still there...:biggrin

I was tokd cameras are not allowed in some places.

Is the Pillar of salt still there? (Lot's wife). Someone said she brought the salt. Perhaps she was kidding.

Another told me he saw the plates used for the Supper thing.

---
I would like to visit and see the relics of the ark, Jerrico walls, His Tomb, Golgotha etc. I wonder if they are still there...:biggrin

Well, golgotha, (all 3), the area of the walls of Jerrico, and the empty tomb as well as the stone that Jesus was laid upon are pretty much all available for pics and personal contact.
I posted a pic of the stone where they laid the body of Jesus.
It has all the people around it kneeling and sobbing and touching it.

Ive not had any issues with a no camera zone.
In general, they love it when Americans come here with their zoom lenses.

I have not seen Lot's wife's salt pillar.
I have seen the general area where the sign states she turned into the pillar of salt.

I'll tell you what did happen to me the first month i was here.
To begin with, it takes some getting use to the fact that there are heavily armed guards who check your car before u can park it in a parking lot .
They also stand at the entrances of a lot of places and keep an eye on you as you enter say, a mall.
Well, when i first got here, my Hebrew availability for conversation was pretty useless.
Its one thing for someone to study it in seminary, but its another for someone to try to use it in Israel.

Soon after i arrived in Israel i went into a mall in Tel-Avia with my wife.
She was ahead of me, and passed the guard who had his assault weapon and huge taser nearby.
As i smiled at him, he stopped me, and asked me a question that ive learned by now to expect.
But at that time, i was not familiar with this question that they ask most men who are trying to enter a public place.
So, i had no idea what he was asking me, and so, i just say..."yes, or ta-da" which means yes.
Suddenly the guard stiffens and in a much more serious tone he asks me the very same question again, and i give him the very same smiling reply.
Right at this time my wife reappears and swiftly intervenes as she now has realized ive been answering yes to this question..

"Do u have a weapon".

And i said yes, 2x.

So, if you come here, try not to tell them you have a weapon, as this tends to influence the armed guards towards a lot of sudden stress
.:thumbsup

K

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, golgotha, (all 3), the area of the walls of Jerrico, and the empty tomb as well as the stone that Jesus was laid upon are pretty much all available for pics and personal contact.
I posted a pic of the stone where they laid the body of Jesus.
It has all the people around it kneeling and sobbing and touching it.

Ive not had any issues with a no camera zone.
In general, they love it when Americans come here with their zoom lenses.

I have not seen Lot's wife's salt pillar.
I have seen the general area where the sign states she turned into the pillar of salt.

I'll tell you what did happen to me the first month i was here.
To begin with, it takes some getting use to the fact that there are heavily armed guards who check your car before u can park it in a parking lot .
They also stand at the entrances of a lot of places and keep an eye on you as you enter say, a mall.
Well, when i first got here, my Hebrew availability for conversation was pretty useless.
Its one thing for someone to study it in seminary, but its another for someone to try to use it in Israel.

Soon after i arrived in Israel i went into a mall in Tel-Avia with my wife.
She was ahead of me, and passed the guard who had his assault weapon and huge taser nearby.
As i smiled at him, he stopped me, and asked me a question that ive learned by now to expect.
But at that time, i was not familiar with this question that they ask most men who are trying to enter a public place.
So, i had no idea what he was asking me, and so, i just say..."yes, or ta-da" which means yes.
Suddenly the guard stiffens and in a much more serious tone he asks me the very same question again, and i give him the very same smiling reply.
Right at this time my wife reappears and swiftly intervenes as she now has realized ive been answering yes to this question..

"Do u have a weapon".

And i said yes, 2x.

So, if you come here, try not to tell them you have a weapon, as this tends to influence the armed guards towards a lot of sudden stress
.:thumbsup

K

:lol
I'm glad they didn't pull their trigger

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back