Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Post Your Useless Knowledge Here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Starnexus

I'll start:

You know how you tell the state you are in is a rich state and a poor state? If the traffic lights dangle from wires it's generally a poor state, however, if they are mounted from polls it's a wealthier state.

I realize this is a secular post but it's not sinful either so I didn't think it would be a problem.

You know how you tell the state you are in is a rich state and a poor state? If the street lights dangle from wires it's generally a poor state, however, if they are mounted from polls it's a wealthier state.
LOL ...I thought the difference was in the polls they're mounted on, poor is pine and rich is oak.

Here's a useless fact:

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, tasteless, and orderless and it's responsible for the death of countless thousands each year. Yet, the Bush administration refuses to do anything to ban it's widespread use, even though most are addicted to this substance, and even give it to their children. :o

handy said:
Here's a useless fact:

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, tasteless, and orderless and it's responsible for the death of countless thousands each year. Yet, the Bush administration refuses to do anything to ban it's widespread use, even though most are addicted to this substance, and even give it to their children. :o

Lol. I've heard that one before. It's water. :-D :-D

handy said:
HAHAHA! That's a good one!

Okay another useless fact:

The reason the Florida panhandle is so long, preventing all of southern Georgia and most of Alabama from having a coastline is because when those two states were settled Florida was still technically part of the Spanish empire so they couldn't annex the land into them when they formed....

handy said:
Here's a useless fact:

Yeah, we sell the stuff at work, in our soft drink machine, at 50 cents a bottle. I can't get enough of it! :-D

Useless fact:

The coffee bean is not really a bean; it's a seed. The peanut is not really a nut; it's a bean! :o

:lol:

vic C. said:
The coffee bean is not really a bean; it's a seed. The peanut is not really a nut; it's a bean!

There is something profound about that. Useless, but profound. :smt017

This one might not qualify because it is only useless to everyone except golfers and alligators. However, golfers and alligators might want to listen up.

(almost)Useless Fact:

Most fatal alligator attacks occur on golf courses.

vic C. said:
Useless fact:

The coffee bean is not really a bean; it's a seed. The peanut is not really a nut; it's a bean! :o

:lol:
This is a good one! I didn't even know that. Keep it going!!

Every day, over five billion gallons of water are flushed down toilets in the United States.

gibby said:
Every day, over five billion gallons of water are flushed down toilets in the United States.
Ooh, ooh!

3. Don't use the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket
Every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue or other small bit of trash, five to seven gallons of water is wasted.

4. Put plastic bottles in your toilet tank
To cut down on water waste, put an inch or two of sand or pebbles inside each of two plastic bottles to weigh them down. Fill the bottles with water, screw the lids on, and put them in your toilet tank, safely away from the operating mechanisms. This may save ten or more gallons of water per day. Be sure at least 3 gallons of water remain in the tank so it will flush properly.
For new installations, consider buying "low flush" toilets, which use 1 to 2 gallons per flush instead of the usual 3 to 5 gallons.

Replacing an 18 liter per flush toilet with an ultra-low volume (ULV) 6 liter flush model represents a 70% savings in water flushed and will cut indoor water use by about 30%.

...and one more tip:

7. Take shorter showers.
One way to cut down on water use is to turn off the shower after soaping up, then turn it back on to rinse. A four-minute shower uses approximately 20 to 40 gallons of water.

or... just share the shower moment with your spouse. 8-)

The most northern point in the continental USA is in Minisota. This is due to poor surveying by the French when the land was purchased from France during the famous Louisiana purchase...

In my home town it's illegal to chain a giraffe to a light pole.

In Texas many traffic lights are mounted horizontally on poles while in California they are mounted vertically on poles.

This is too funny...

I weas cleaning out my Document folder, when I ran across a text file called, "facts". It is from May, 2002. I'll post a few per night.

Most lipstick contains fish scales!

It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis!
It's also illegal to eat ice cream on Sunday in Boston while sitting on a curb.

A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second!

Cat urine glows under a black-light!
(I'm almost afraid to ask who figured this one out-lol)

The electric chair was invented by a dentist!

A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!

Thomas Edison, lightbulb inventor, was afraid of the dark!

There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!

...and

Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!

:-D

hmm let's see...

the plastic thing at the end of your shoelace is called an aglot

the circular piece of paper you get after a hole punch is called chad,

and there are 336 dimples in a golf ball.

If you pour liquor on a scorpion, it will go crazy and stab itself with its tail

giraffes and rats can last longer without water than camels can,

the 57 on heinze ketchup bottles is the number of types of pickles they once had

this one I found to be pretty funny, in ancient Rome, a man would swear on his testicles to testify in court

this one I found very encouraging, at least 12 newborns are given to the wrong parents every day

India has a bill of rights for cows

the number 172 can be found in the bushes on the lincoln memorial base on the back of the 5

by raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink in quicksand

Charlie Chaplin once took third in a charlie chaplin look a like contest

all polar bears are left handed

that's about all I have

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back