Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Post Yourself

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I finally figured out how to add a photo to my profile, so I put my Facebook photo there. It's the most current pic of me, not great, but pretty well shows what I look like. I'm really hoping to get a digital camera one of these days and get some current pics of the family. If and when I do, I'll share some with you all.

Great pic, Handy! You have aged extremely well. :thumbsup The only pic I saw of you in the past was the one you posted of you and your hubby from when you were younger.

Hey, I added some pics of the wife and kids (and dog) to my profile. I've been a little leery of doing this, but since it's limited to friends and contacts, I guess I'm good. :)

Hey, I added some pics of the wife and kids (and dog) to my profile. I've been a little leery of doing this, but since it's limited to friends and contacts, I guess I'm good. :)

What a great looking family you have! :thumbsup

I've already got my eye on l'chante's daughter for one of my sons, and now I'd like to claim your son for my eldest daughter. :lol I am all for arranged marriages. :toofunny

Cool bananars! :biggrin

What a great looking family you have! :thumbsup

I've already got my eye on l'chante's daughter for one of my sons, and now I'd like to claim your son for my eldest daughter. :lol I am all for arranged marriages. :toofunny
Wasn't it you that said they were equal with Stalin on the Poltiical Compass? :biggrin :tongue

I don't know PR, I think Mike's son could give the "grocery boy" a run for his money!!! How tall is he Mike? My daughter is 5'6" and she hates it when she towers over the boys her age.

***side note to Mike*** Can you believe it...the "grocery boy" thinks that the Sound of Music is...a classic. Not a chick-flick! :shame

I don't know PR, I think Mike's son could give the "grocery boy" a run for his money!!! How tall is he Mike? My daughter is 5'6" and she hates it when she towers over the boys her age.

***side note to Mike*** Can you believe it...the "grocery boy" thinks that the Sound of Music is...a classic. Not a chick-flick! :shame
Oi Dora, I'm 5'7" ;)

:biggrin

I think we've been over this before, but the Sound of Music is a classic chick-flick. :)

lol, sure he's a boy? real men wouldnt say that let alone watch them by themselves. if they did, no other males must know or penance of men movies must be watched for hours on end.

My son is 5'8". He doesn't have his drivers license yet, and I'm not about to be driving him to Idaho to sit a few tables away from them at Applebee's. :biggrin

I think we've been over this before, but the Sound of Music is a classic chick-flick. :)

Yup and yup. If he says anything about liking "Fried Green Tomatoes", that's when you see about getting a restraining order on the grocery "boy". :lol

Can you believe it...the "grocery boy" thinks that the Sound of Music is...a classic. Not a chick-flick! :shame

The Sound of Music isn't a chich-flick. Chick-flicks are only interesting to women. The Sound of Music is a family movie. It has something for everybody. For the women there is the romance between Maria and the captain. The children can enjoy the captains children learning to sing, the pupet show and a number of humorous scenes. But it also has something for the men in the family, such as Nazis, the captain's resistance against them, a chase scene and guns.

Most people here can be forgiven for not understanding this, since they are too young to remember when they still used to make family movies regularly. There are hardly any made any more.

:lol Through a series of events, which I won't bore you with the details of, Steve and I decided that the "grocery boy" is most likely going to be around for quite a while so it was best that we got to know him better and he us. End result of the decision is that he is now our part-time ranch hand and comes up occasionally to help with the heavier work around here.

So...we were all out bucking 5 tons of hay and for some reason I start singing "the hills are alive, with the sound of music". Inevitably, it came up that the Sound of Music was a chick-flick.

Then the kid just makes a simple comment: "The Sound of Music a chick-flick? I always thought of it as a classic movie."

Both Viola and Thomas start rolling with laughter. Steve slaps him on the back and starts shouting at me "See!! I told you, I told you so!" I'm like yelling out "OH NO!!!" and the poor kid is looking at us with this "deer-in-the-headlights" look. :eek2

However guys, I'd think twice about forcibly ejecting him from the Man Club. It turns out he is quite proficient several disciplines of martial arts and has blended the styles into some formidable moves. Not to mention that he can make fairly short work of manually stacking 5 tons of hay. Just sayin'.

Nick my lad, if your travels to America gets you anywhere in the vicinity of Idaho, we'll have to take you to Applebee's. We'll be happy to let you sit with Viola a few tables away! ;)

Most people here can be forgiven for not understanding this, since they are too young to remember when they still used to make family movies regularly. There are hardly any made any more.

You are soooo giving away your age here, Theo. Mike, forgive me for saying this but.... Disney movies are family movies. Sorry, I just had to.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back