Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praise God for all His Guidance

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

Isn't it interesting how God often guides us with "breadcrumbs"? For the last fourteen months I've been slowly following a trail of breadcrumbs. It started out slowly. I was told by God to diet. I did this ad that was all the breadcrumbs I got for a time.

Six months later I got another breadcrumb. He told me to tell my parents that my life-long dream has always been to become a police officer. I told them and they were pretty darn happy. By this point my dieting had got me down 50 pounds.

Then a month after that He instructed me to declare my major in Criminal Justice and I did this. He then directed me to begin running.

About two months ago He told me to start working out in the gym with weights.

As of yesterday (or maybe the day before) this was as far as the trail had gotten me and don't get me wrong it had been a long way. I've lost over 90 pounds of fat and put on a considerable amount of muscle. I can confidently say that I go to bed every night in better shape then when I woke up. My heart rate (which used to be dangerously high) is now at 58 bpm and my blood pressure (which used to be 150/90) is now at 118/78.

Yesterday I got my next breadcrumb. God told me that my next move after college isn't going to be going to the police. Instead He wants me to join the military. That's what I'm going to do. Specifically He's instructed me to become a MP in the Army.

I'm glad I've been given this new breadcrumb. Now I have a set goal as to where my exercise must take me. I still have a ways to go but I have time to get there. I've learned (and am rather disappointed) that women are to be put (more like stay) on the back-burner for a time. That's alright though. He's got His plan and I'm not one to go around questioning it. I don't question the lady in the GPS so why should I question God? :lol

This initially started as a prayer request but then it occurred to me that I don't have any prayer needs just praise and a story! :thumbsup

Pretty good my friend I believe I have the same story with how the lord is working with me at this moment my friend. With me being in the army for four years in the infantry as of today. and coming back from Afghanistan I have been battling my demons but during this dark period of my mental health and my marriage god has instructed me to write about my experience of my deployment and what i am going through now into a book. and also during this project i have found myself looking at a church and heading back into the church life with using god as well as a anchor for my family.

Pretty good my friend I believe I have the same story with how the lord is working with me at this moment my friend. With me being in the army for four years in the infantry as of today. and coming back from Afghanistan I have been battling my demons but during this dark period of my mental health and my marriage god has instructed me to write about my experience of my deployment and what i am going through now into a book. and also during this project i have found myself looking at a church and heading back into the church life with using god as well as a anchor for my family.
when did you return from country? i am also a veteran of afghanistan and also have twenty yrs in active/ national guard combined.

pard , there are two types of mp's and i , finally, Lord wiling will be qualified to do both jobs. theres the 31e(corrections) and 31b which are the ones you used to see at the gates. i am at present qualified for the later but most units in combat do the former. this is what i recently trained it and some of you i have sent the link to the story on what my unit did on training.

oh besides if you have a yr in the 31b active duty most agencies will accept that and hire you after you get your state certification.

ft.leonardwood,Mo. have fun there, its a barrel of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
when did you return from country? i am also a veteran of afghanistan and also have twenty yrs in active/ national guard combined.

pard , there are two types of mp's and i , finally, Lord wiling will be qualified to do both jobs. theres the 31e(corrections) and 31b which are the ones you used to see at the gates. i am at present qualified for the later but most units in combat do the former. this is what i recently trained it and some of you i have sent the link to the story on what my unit did on training.

oh besides if you have a yr in the 31b active duty most agencies will accept that and hire you after you get your state certificat
ft.leonardwood,Mo. have fun there, its a barrel of fun.

I've returned from Afghanistan a year ago from now my friend.

I've returned from Afghanistan a year ago from now my friend.
ah, it takes time but the nightmares and ptsd like symptoms do go away for most. God healed me of it all. no longer do i have to shiver with fireworks, or loud bangs etc. a few things still bother me. i hate when some whistle and they sound like in coming.

pm if you wish. as a leader i must ask, are you seeking mental health through the army one source or the va?

finally where you in country?

I was in RC south basically were the tense fighting happened when the surge was sent. And yes I am seeking mental health through the army at this moment first appointment is on Thursday.

I talked to a recruiter today during my lunch break.

He said I should start out in the reserve if I want to get my BS. So I'm thinking I'd do two years in the reserves while I get my BS. Then I'd transfer into active duty and finish out my time (Minimum of 6 years if I want to get the most financial help but I figure I'll go with the full 8). He said the other benefit of going reserve is that it'll be a lot easier for me to get 31b in my two years of reserve than through the Regular Army.

And not yet Rockie. Either May 2012 or I might DEP earlier than that if it is advantageous to do so.

I talked to a recruiter today during my lunch break.

He said I should start out in the reserve if I want to get my BS. So I'm thinking I'd do two years in the reserves while I get my BS. Then I'd transfer into active duty and finish out my time (Minimum of 6 years if I want to get the most financial help but I figure I'll go with the full 8). He said the other benefit of going reserve is that it'll be a lot easier for me to get 31b in my two years of reserve than through the Regular Army.

And not yet Rockie. Either May 2012 or I might DEP earlier than that if it is advantageous to do so.

i'll bet the ct national guard has better benefits.

my state beats the army reserves in the benefits. we have a far better retirement. you dont have a thirty yr state kicker for the reservist nor free college

here

Pages - ArmyRec_Careers

i must also state that as mp's we also under go more training on the enforcement of the new dont ask dont tell policy. yup three levels. i just finished phase one of three. i hope that you can deal with that issue. i dont agree with the lifestyle but the military has never been a bastian of morality in the first place.

i must also state that as mp's we also under go more training on the enforcement of the new dont ask dont tell policy. yup three levels. i just finished phase one of three. i hope that you can deal with that issue. i dont agree with the lifestyle but the military has never been a bastian of morality in the first place.

Yea same here with us infantry. we just completed all of our briefings.

Yea same here with us infantry. we just completed all of our briefings.
from the law side of how to deal with the open members of the lbgt? ie the examples of two lesbians kissing in front the of the px. and or the examples of hate crimes?

hmm interesting. that sharps video , what did you think of that. i can understand why they made that and wanted buddy aid to avoid the assaults but how about Good old common sense. dont put yourself there in the first place.

from the law side of how to deal with the open members of the lbgt? ie the examples of two lesbians kissing in front the of the px. and or the examples of hate crimes?

hmm interesting. that sharps video , what did you think of that. i can understand why they made that and wanted buddy aid to avoid the assaults but how about Good old common sense. dont put yourself there in the first place.

Exactly the law is a smart law tho claims that if your gay to not be open but instead to yourself only thing the law is keeps people from asking and interviewing you to see if you are or not. I mean they will be allow to serve but it wont allow them to be open as people think it will let them.

i'll bet the ct national guard has better benefits.

my state beats the army reserves in the benefits. we have a far better retirement. you dont have a thirty yr state kicker for the reservist nor free college

here

Pages - ArmyRec_Careers
Not going to go to college in-state and thus Nat-Guard benefits won't mean squat to me. Plus Ct Guard has been ordered to cut back $$$ and rumor is they are cutting benefits by a whole lot.

Not going to go to college in-state and thus Nat-Guard benefits won't mean squat to me. Plus Ct Guard has been ordered to cut back $$$ and rumor is they are cutting benefits by a whole lot.
its army wide. the reserves dont have anything like that at all. tricare is going up and i am unsure how much.you should also be aware of the plans that the govt is going to shrink the active components and use the reserves and guard more often. this is to save money.

i wonder if ct has the the state thirty yr guard retirement kicker(15% more then the federal) its added to the federal money.

its army wide. the reserves dont have anything like that at all. tricare is going up and i am unsure how much.you should also be aware of the plans that the govt is going to shrink the active components and use the reserves and guard more often. this is to save money.

i wonder if ct has the the state thirty yr guard retirement kicker(15% more then the federal) its added to the federal money.

yep they plan on shrinking the active and doing that. but i mean its good for money but at the same time bad idea to thinning out the military. All it spells in vulnerability. :nono2

I wouldnt mind a president to come out as a front runner telling me hey ill only downgrade the mos that is not needed leaving us 11 bang bangs alone.

11 bushmasters or the older one that i used to say bullet stoppers. the difference between 11b and 31b is that we have females and also have power to arrest.

i was with the 2/1 inf as a cav scout in the early 90's. one of four mos i hold.

I know it's Army wide but the Guard in CT is doing serious cutbacks. Like ditching edu. benefits altogether type-deal. Our governor can't control his own legislature (and by his own I mean the VAST democrat majority) so he's resorting to ridiculous cutbacks elsewhere. They just cut the entire Trooper class (like 60 graduates) plus another 100 troopers. Something like 5000 DOC personnel total (including admin but that's still boiling down to nearly 2000 officers). He just closed the third prison in a matter of three months and he closed nearly all of our state parks.

He is trying to "reverse our deficit" (whatever that means I don't speak politician...) by cutting stuff and hoping we can somehow end up in the green after tax collection.

And what's an 11?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back