Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Praise God for transformation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I used to pray that I'd be like I was before pills and electroshock and mental health "treatment." What I've been given is beyond my wildest expectations. Not only am I smart again--not a super-genius, but smart enough to write reasonably well, comprehend the world, and understand social cues--but I've matured. I care about other people and the world, and I struggle with sin and...basically, I became a human being. That was always the real draw of Christianity, after I'd been given forgiveness. The idea that a burned out, prematurely aged, hated, homosexual mental patient could become a human being--and a man at that--did more to draw me into the fold and keep me there than promises of salvation and life everlasting. Those, of course, are incredibly important, but at the time...I just wanted to be a human being again.

So, now I am a human being. Most days, its amazing. I'll open my mouth to say something, and I'm pleasantly surprised, sometimes even shocked, by what comes out. I'm able to make pleasant conversation. I have unique ideas again. I'm not vacuous and burned out and obnoxious. I'm a work in progress, but the progress now is meaningful. Stumbles and slips and doubts and pain and...its just so very human, you know? And I didn't have that for a very, very long time.

I'm posting this because, 7 years after my first involuntary hospitalization, I'm human. And no longer a mental patient. I canceled with my shrink and now I'm testing the waters with quitting the Abilify. I read about "mental patients" in years past who were able to reduce their medication use to as-needed. Basically, if the agitation and what not gets to be too much, you pop the antipsychotic of your choice until the storm passes. Good enough. Better than being tranquilized every single day for the rest of your life, right?

I know...this is another "wow..me!" post, but I had to do this. I've been slipping. Some kind of spiritual warfare or something, I don't know. I've distanced myself from God and now its time to get back. Thanking God in a public place, albeit a virtual one, just might be a good first step back towards the God who saved me.

I know...this is another "wow..me!" post, but I had to do this. I've been slipping. Some kind of spiritual warfare or something, I don't know. I've distanced myself from God and now its time to get back. Thanking God in a public place, albeit a virtual one, just might be a good first step back towards the God who saved me.

Your testimonies are always welcome! He makes us new every day! :yes

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

That's awesome! Don't ever feel awkward or embarrassed about telling people what God has done for you, because He created all of us simply to praise Him and to have a personal relationship with Him. Your testimony is a form of worship, and every time you share it, you are giving voice to your praise of Him and your thankfulness for that miracle in your life. He restored your mental faculties and your "humanness" because you are important to Him. Just remember that you are His child, and he delights in giving you gifts. I'm praying for you, and I'm not just saying that as a stranger on the interwebs, but as a fellow believer. I don't even know your name, but you are my brother because we have the same Father. Have a good one!

Sent from my iPhone to the interwebs and straight to your brain using Tapatalk

That's awesome! Don't ever feel awkward or embarrassed about telling people what God has done for you, because He created all of us simply to praise Him and to have a personal relationship with Him. Your testimony is a form of worship, and every time you share it, you are giving voice to your praise of Him and your thankfulness for that miracle in your life. He restored your mental faculties and your "humanness" because you are important to Him. Just remember that you are His child, and he delights in giving you gifts. I'm praying for you, and I'm not just saying that as a stranger on the interwebs, but as a fellow believer. I don't even know your name, but you are my brother because we have the same Father. Have a good one!

Sent from my iPhone to the interwebs and straight to your brain using Tapatalk

:biggrin:wave:thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back