Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pray all manner of prayer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

A preacher once said, "Pray all manner of prayer; allow God to answer the one He likes (chooses)".

Do you agree with this?

What WIP said as God does answer all prayers, but not in the way we would want Him to as all things are in His timing and He knowing what is best for us.

A preacher once said, "Pray all manner of prayer; allow God to answer the one He likes (chooses)".

Do you agree with this?
Jesus taught his disciples to pray, but not all manner. There is even a story of a man praying a prayer God didn’t think much of.

Scripture says God doesn’t answer some prayers so no, He doesn’t “answer all and we just don’t like the answer.” He is not the servant of our words obligated to respond to what we say.

Jeremiah 11:14
Jeremiah 11:11
Jeremiah 7:16
Jeremiah 14:12

“Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, Proverbs 1:28

If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable. Proverbs 28:9

they will cry out to the LORD, but he will not answer them Micah 3:4

Saul asked God, “Shall I go down and pursue the Philistines? Will you give them into Israel’s hand?” But God did not answer him that day.

When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the LORD will not answer you in that day.” 1 Samuel 8:18

There is more but it easy to see that He doesn’t answer some prayers and why.

Now if one decides that a failure to receive what was asked IS God saying “no” or “wait,” then, of course, God will always seem to
have “answered” by default. I doubt any man would appreciate another insisting not speaking is a “no” but it does have the comfort of never having God want something more of you first.

I think this is important because if you know WHY He didn’t answer, then one can learn and change. But it needs to be specific not something you think up and NEVER used to explain someone else’s lack of receiving what was asked. The best answer to that is, “I don’t know. Best ask God to show you.”

Reactions: WIP
This is actually very important. I’ve seen a minister who was once anointed in his messages lose it because he stubbornly refused God’s correction. His prayers for help and understanding were rejected and he blamed God continually in his sermons. It only made matters worse. And eventually he reached a point where God withdrew his anointing. It was noticeable. Today I cannot stand his sermons although I love the brother and pray for him. “Hypocrite” is the best adjective for him, a word that meant “actor” which is what he’s become. All for not understanding the ways of God.

What happened? He didn’t know the ways of God. The loss is great.

This is actually very important. I’ve seen a minister who was once anointed in his messages lose it because he stubbornly refused God’s correction. His prayers for help and understanding were rejected and he blamed God continually in his sermons. It only made matters worse. And eventually he reached a point where God withdrew his anointing. It was noticeable. Today I cannot stand his sermons although I love the brother and pray for him. “Hypocrite” is the best adjective for him, a word that meant “actor” which is what he’s become. All for not understanding the ways of God.

What happened? He didn’t know the ways of God. The loss is great.
That's unfortunate

Maybe to reiterate the preacher's intent...
It was during one of those bible classes, and the preacher raised some prayer points that eventually turned controversial. Some thought it "praying amiss".
And he was like, "Well, if you don't agree with me on this, let's just present all requests to The Lord, He'll screen all, if there are some bad ones, He'll drop 'em.

Maybe to reiterate the preacher's intent...
It was during one of those bible classes, and the preacher raised some prayer points that eventually turned controversial. Some thought it "praying amiss".
And he was like, "Well, if you don't agree with me on this, let's just present all requests to The Lord, He'll screen all, if there are some bad ones, He'll drop 'em.
There’s scripture that says he doesn’t hear some prayers. There’s no scripture that says He “drops” one the believer refuses to think about first.

It's in John 9:31
31 We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.../

There is so many scriptures about obedieance being rewarded by God that it's impossible to miss in the scriptures.

But rewarded how? How else? We pray to God for our desires and our sustenance. Ye have not because ye ask not is the rule. The Noahic covenant wass all about God will not interefere with our lives univited anymore unless it id for our greater good.

Answered prayers are all about obedience. Scripture says a river of living water of life will flow through us. What's that mean?

It means that, when God blesses you, you should turn right around and bless someone else with your blessing. If we get blessed by God and we do not pay it forward, then how can it be a river of life when we have stopped the flow? It becomes a lake instead. And lakes which have no flow to them...go stagnent.

I hear you already. Ok so I obeyed and gave my blessing away, but what about the blessing that was mine and my family still needs. So was my prayer really answered or not?!

Of course it was. But now, because you have obeyed the voice of the Lord and gave away your blessing...you are in line for a blessing of your obediance. And you can't outgive God.

When we obey God and give away our blessings, then the water has flow and becomes a river of living water and life. This allows God to work His purpose through us to bring His Blessing upon another soul. And it shows us that we have taken on a small aspect of the Lord's character as our own as we move towards receiving the mind of Christ.

Back