Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] pray for a life without mental health

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm just tired of the mental health industry. Here's my story, in a nutshell...

..geeky, effeminate sodomite loser from a "rinky dink middle class" family with mental problems. Labeled, drugged to the gills, DONE at 19. 20--ECT. 23--ECT. In between...HIPPAA violations, general torment. No compassion.

Now? My family is apparently considered "upper class," at least around here. They've hired me an attorney to help me get out of this situation. I was labeled a "trouble maker" and such, so my identity in the community has been ruined. "Narcissism" is apparently the only thing wrong with me.

I go to community mental health. Once every 4-8 weeks, the government (I'm on disability) pays a well-meaning counselor to talk to me for 30ish minutes. Once every 6-12 weeks, the government pays a somewhat aloof psychiatrist to prescribe things for me. The government spends more on my Abilify than it does on me, which is OK, because my people are behind me.

I'm in "recovery." I'm "recovering" as much from psychiatric "Treatment" as from any real or alleged "disorder." ECT kills people, even if they live. It kills dreams, spirits, aspirations, drive, initiative. I'm blessed to be able to write this (I had heavy ECT, both times).

My counselor is a Christian, and he'll recommend NAMI meetings. NAMI gets lots of money from big pharma. They like to call mental illness brain diseases (with no proof) and tell families and "victims" that the brain is the problem, blah blah blah. They recommend new drugs, for obvious reasons. They even give advice on how to get your brain-diseased family member hospitalized.

So, my narrative, my story, of my own life is insignificant. I've also been called a pathological liar. The experts know me better than I know myself, apparently. More the docs who ECT'd me than the docs who treat men now, although my new handler...err, shrink...probably has his own opinions.

If you deny a label, you lack insight. Maybe you're in denial. If a new doc has a different opinion, you're manipulative. Similarly, if you get addicted to an addictive drug, its your fault: you have an addictive personality, possibly a personality disorder.

I'm schizo when they want me in a hospital and sane when they want me to "pick myself up by my boot straps." I'm sick...

...of this system. They destroyed me, inside and out, and Christ took compassion on me. Now, I'm kind of bored by the whole thing.

Ugh. Please pray. "Trouble makers" have it rough.

Dear Brother CE, I do hope you know that I pray, and pray for you. Do you think that there's any possibility the following verse of scripture is truth?
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. And if that's a truth is He directing your way? Where would you be without His intervention and love of you as you enter the trials of your faith?
1 Pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

Don't despair as He works in you to will and to do of His good pleasure Php 2:13, and according to Rom 8:28, We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

God has given you a vision, go for it and don't look back. I truly believe that if God thought you were being harmed by the doctors He has provided you, the SSI to aid you, and loving parents to keep you as you prepare for a new life, God would remove the provision for your sake. God's love of you will go to any extent even to having given His Son Jesus to die for you before you even knew Him. How much more does He care for you now.

Okay, are you involved again in your Liberty college courses? Do not allow them to become so stressful you begin looking at you again. Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

I'm sitting here, laughing at myself. I read the title of this thread ("pray for a life without mental health") and initially thought you wanted a life that was mentally unhealthy, Christ_empowered! I just couldn't understand that because you've grown quite far and gained so much through your walk with our Lord.

Obviously, I was going to read your thread and offer encouragement to continue to seek the strengthening of your mental health. Once I read the OP, however, all I could do was to laugh at myself.

You are a treasure, Christ_empowered, and I thank our Lord that you are here with us!

..geeky, effeminate sodomite loser from a "rinky dink middle class" family with mental problems. Labeled, drugged to the gills, DONE at 19. 20--ECT. 23--ECT. In between...HIPPAA violations, general torment. No compassion.

Now? My family is apparently considered "upper class," at least around here. They've hired me an attorney to help me get out of this situation. I was labeled a "trouble maker" and such, so my identity in the community has been ruined. "Narcissism" is apparently the only thing wrong with me.

I go to community mental health. Once every 4-8 weeks, the government (I'm on disability) pays a well-meaning counselor to talk to me for 30ish minutes. Once every 6-12 weeks, the government pays a somewhat aloof psychiatrist to prescribe things for me. The government spends more on my Abilify than it does on me, which is OK, because my people are behind me.

I'm in "recovery." I'm "recovering" as much from psychiatric "Treatment" as from any real or alleged "disorder." ECT kills people, even if they live. It kills dreams, spirits, aspirations, drive, initiative. I'm blessed to be able to write this (I had heavy ECT, both times).

My counselor is a Christian, and he'll recommend NAMI meetings. NAMI gets lots of money from big pharma. They like to call mental illness brain diseases (with no proof) and tell families and "victims" that the brain is the problem, blah blah blah. They recommend new drugs, for obvious reasons. They even give advice on how to get your brain-diseased family member hospitalized.

So, my narrative, my story, of my own life is insignificant. I've also been called a pathological liar. The experts know me better than I know myself, apparently. More the docs who ECT'd me than the docs who treat men now, although my new handler...err, shrink...probably has his own opinions.

If you deny a label, you lack insight. Maybe you're in denial. If a new doc has a different opinion, you're manipulative. Similarly, if you get addicted to an addictive drug, its your fault: you have an addictive personality, possibly a personality disorder.

I'm schizo when they want me in a hospital and sane when they want me to "pick myself up by my boot straps." I'm sick...

...of this system. They destroyed me, inside and out, and Christ took compassion on me. Now, I'm kind of bored by the whole thing.

Ok
I'll pray

I thank God for you and all of the members here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back