Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] prayer for guidance!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
please help! I feel as if I've just come back to life. 9 years ago, I was tormented in a mental hospital. Involuntary ECT, even. I was left dead eyed, with tics and memory loss.

Fast forward 9 years. I'm 29, soon to be 30. My IQ is up; more importantly, I'm growing up. For whatever reason, I look about 23 years old. I feel as if I've just returned to the land of the living.

The neighbors and other people keep harassing me by saying I "have a warrant" out for me. That's nonsense, I know. I have a good attorney and parents behind me. Problem is, it gets to me after a while. Its the neighbors who are the worst offenders. My ex-shrink--the one who ECT'd me 9 years ago--has been trying "to teach me a lesson" for years. I can't explain it...I really bring out the demon in him, and until recently, there was nothing I could do about it. I know, sounds like a novel or something. No. Shrinks sometimes single people out for destruction. Its happened to other people, too. Too "uppity" or something, I don't know. The medical board has been involved, because I filed a complaint, and that doesn't help things.

I think I have to withdraw from my 2 classes this sub-term at Liberty. I don't think its a huge deal, or at least I hope it isn't one. The stress got to me, I guess. I'm having my meds adjusted (by a good doc) soon. I get along well with my parents. Life is OK, good even. Its good to be smart, its good to be healthy, its good that my masculinity is developing, thanks only to Christ Jesus.

I'm starting to question my enrollment at Liberty. I mean, all that $$$ when I could go to a tech school? But...what would I go to a tech school *for* , you know? Ugh. Please pray!

My advice: stay with Liberty and complete the 2 classes for this sub-term. And select the courses you want to take next semester.

I'm glad your meds will soon be adjusted; that should help. But in the meanwhile, cease giving power to your neighbors & others who make negative comments about you. The words hurt you, no doubt about it. However, you're allowing the hurt to influence you and, by extension, allowing others to have control of your decisions.

You are a member of our Lord's family, and He loves you dearly. Continue talking and praying to our Lord about your situation (and my prayers are added), and turn the matter over to Him. Whatever you do, don't take back the situation! Once given to our Lord, it's gone; He has it well covered.

So...continue your studies, earn that degree for your future, and stay faithful to our Lord. You're not alone!

Don't be distracted my friend. You are on the right path and need to stick to it. Offhand, i would say stick with Liberty, even if you decide to go another direction. It doesn't look good on a resume to have quit something. So finish it out, and continue to (leave it in the Lords hands) think about what direction you want to go.

If you want to go to a tech school, think of the future and who will be working when the economy is still going down the toilet and gets worse. Right now, they are building like mad, but it wont last and the bottom will drop out of the building housing market. Who will stay working? The service men who can make existing stuff continue to work, instead of replacing it. This goes for cars, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and all of that.

It is easier to go get a job in the trades than one may think. They always need help, or always have a slacker which they think about getting rid of. Take it from someone who has been in the trades for over 30 years and has experience in plumb/heat/air/gas...all of these trades are 'tool trades', where if you have the specialty tools to do them, someone can literally tell you over the phone how to do it. There's very little technical stuff to know. having the tools to do it is the big thing.

Of course i will pray for you brother.

Don't worry about people giving you a hard time. Stay focused on the Lord. They are the lost ones and not you. You do not have to take the insults and staple them to your forehead. Instead, think on it like this...like a retarded person or small child insulted you. Not to be angry over, but to compassionately understand they they know not what they do. Let the insults go over your head.

Don't worry about people giving you a hard time. Stay focused on the Lord. They are the lost ones and not you. You do not have to take the insults and staple them to your forehead. Instead, think on it like this...like a retarded person or small child insulted you. Not to be angry over, but to compassionately understand they they know not what they do. Let the insults go over your head.

What a great perspective!

What a great perspective!

Yes it is, but the glory goes to god, and thank you Master for showing me this. :)

This is what He has been teaching me since the beginning of the year.
I'm a slow learner, lol, but I'm slowly catching on.

praise the Lord for His mercy and longsuffering. :)

please help! I feel as if I've just come back to life. 9 years ago, I was tormented in a mental hospital. Involuntary ECT, even. I was left dead eyed, with tics and memory loss.

Fast forward 9 years. I'm 29, soon to be 30. My IQ is up; more importantly, I'm growing up. For whatever reason, I look about 23 years old. I feel as if I've just returned to the land of the living.

The neighbors and other people keep harassing me by saying I "have a warrant" out for me. That's nonsense, I know. I have a good attorney and parents behind me. Problem is, it gets to me after a while. Its the neighbors who are the worst offenders. My ex-shrink--the one who ECT'd me 9 years ago--has been trying "to teach me a lesson" for years. I can't explain it...I really bring out the demon in him, and until recently, there was nothing I could do about it. I know, sounds like a novel or something. No. Shrinks sometimes single people out for destruction. Its happened to other people, too. Too "uppity" or something, I don't know. The medical board has been involved, because I filed a complaint, and that doesn't help things.

I think I have to withdraw from my 2 classes this sub-term at Liberty. I don't think its a huge deal, or at least I hope it isn't one. The stress got to me, I guess. I'm having my meds adjusted (by a good doc) soon. I get along well with my parents. Life is OK, good even. Its good to be smart, its good to be healthy, its good that my masculinity is developing, thanks only to Christ Jesus.

I'm starting to question my enrollment at Liberty. I mean, all that $$$ when I could go to a tech school? But...what would I go to a tech school *for* , you know? Ugh. Please pray!
Lord, thank you for blessing our member with restoration of her body. I pray for your guidance in her life and that she knows exactly what to do. Let your will be done. In Jesus Christ name, I pray. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back