Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for justice....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

Some of you may remember me asking for prayer for Robert Manwill, an 8-year-old boy who went missing on July 24th of '09. After a massive search the boy was found dead in a canal 10 days later. It was determined that he was a murder victim as well as having been a victim of long-term abuse prior to the murder.

The suspects arrested in the case were Manwill's mother and her boyfriend. The boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, is now on trial.

I just ask prayer for the jury, judge, and attorney's that this trial is just and that justice is done. It's one of these trials where there is overwhelming evidence, but it's all circumstantial. I don't want Ehrlick to be convicted if he's innocent....but, I don't want him to walk if he's not.

Wow, Dora. I don't think I knew about this. If it's in your area, in a small town, this has got to be dinner-table talk in every house. And I imagine it's hard not to have a strong semi-informed opinion.

I will pray that the judge and jury are able to forgo any bias and use wisdom based on the evidence. As you say, it would be tragic if the wrong verdict was given in either case. :pray

Daniel Ehrlick was found guilty of first degree murder of Robert Manwill, as well as aggravated battery and failure to report a death to law enforcement. His sentencing is scheduled for September...most likely will be life no parole.

Robert's mother plead guilty to aiding and abetting second-degree murder. In a plea deal with the prosecutor's, she is serving 25 years, no parole.

Poor sweet little boy...just one of the many "throw away" kids that seem to have no one looking out for him...

View attachment 2039

Just to clarify...he wasn't a neighbor, he lived with his father in New Plymouth, next door to my close friend's sister, but was staying with his mother and her boyfriend. There was a high profile search for him when he was first reported as missing back in '09. Hundreds from all over the Treasure Valley turned out to search for him...all the while his mother and her boyfriend were on the news nightly crying crocodile tears and saying how they wanted everyone to pray for his safe return...knowing they had killed him and thrown his body into a canal.

This did happen several years ago, but I posted a prayer request right here that he would be found safely...then wept when his body was found...and yes, my sorrow turned to anger when it was learned that he was murdered and the only possible suspects were Jenkins and Ehrlick.

As much as judgment is just I think I'll just stop short of actually praying for justice. I'd hate to think what would happen if both sides of the equation were kept proportional. Mercy rejoices against judgment and God knows I need the former but I deserve much more of the later than I want.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.-Matthew 7:2

The sentences of Ehrlick and Jenkins were handed down...Ehrlick will spend the rest of his life in prison, no parole and Jenkins has 25 years fixed.

I will never understand our court system fully. Ehrlick was convicted of first-degree murder, but Jenkins was convicted (under a plea agreement) of aiding and abetting a second-degree murder. :confused: I realize that this was part of a plea deal in order to gain better evidence to convict Ehrlick.

She will be able to leave prison when she is 57 years old.

Back