Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer request

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Timothy

I'm new here and don't entirely feel right asking for prayer yet but circumstances are somewhat dire so I thought I would pitch my plight and ask for some believers to agree with me for God's assistance.

So this is a long story let me try and make it short as possible. For awhile now I've had ongoing health problems, along with my father. The doctors diagnosed us with the same problems but until recently they had no idea what. Now they think we have a mitochondrial myopathy. So I've been unable to work. I've been on short term disability. That was recently canceled and while we have an appeal that might reverse it, I currently have no money and rent is due in a few days. My father and mother have lost there house due to the high medical bills they have. Along with my father's problems that I have, my father has progressed to the point of not being able to walk. I'm almost to that point. However my mother has had long hospital stays due to massive infections in her body, they gave her so many drugs and antibiotics that her kidneys have completely shut down. They are moving out of state to a warmer climate to give my mom a chance to recover. My sister is moving with them as she is their caretaker. Come the 15th my wife and I will be alone with no support of any kind. We haven't been connected to a church for sometime as it is too hard for me to walk let alone sit in a church for that long. Part of my problems is daily persistent migraines and worship services feel like torture to me for most churches.

This has been very hard on my wife and I. I suspect more her then me as she has to do so much to help me out as well as take care of most things. Though I would love to be good enough to work again, right now it is just not possible and my boss doesn't want me there and has put me on unpaid leave after all my vacation time ran out. Its not that we might not have a home in a few weeks, its not the pain that we both feel, or worrying about what we can eat. Its more about feeling alone without help. Its been a great time for us in our relationships with God. We've been able to learn so much and lean so much on him. Our faith has increased and we know that we are going through this for a purpose. But the feeling alone is difficult. Its hard for me to communicate at times, many times, and even many of our "friends" have left without returning calls even when it comes to just wanting some company. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers for Gods' healing and His blessings.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day the Lord has made; let us rejoice & be glad in it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back