Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for Joe (my fiancee)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
I would just like to take a moment to please ask everybody to pray for my fiancée who is currently behind bars for a crime that he did not commit. He loves the Lord just as much as me, but he has been going through so much in the past five years that his faith has been shaken a little bit which I can I honestly say I can't blame him when even I have had doubts myself and shouted at God and said things that I didn't really mean. So thanks to all of the prayers, love, and support that we have been getting from our family and friends so far our faith has gotten stronger. And mine has really gotten stronger just being on these message boards too. :) Anyway, please pray for Joey anyway since he could really use all the prayers that he can get to become strong enough to get through this. As I told my mother this morning, I know that he knows deep in his heart that God hasn't abandoned him and He loves him and that He's always been there for him, but in rough situations like he is in now, it's very easy to forget that sometimes.

Will pray for Joey. How long is he going to be behind bars and is there any efforts to retry the case?

Thank you very much! :hugI really appreciate it. And we're still hoping and praying that something will go through, but the worst case scenario is that he will be behind bars until 2022 so that really isn't all that much longer.

Well seeing him as often as you can is important for his well-being. Is he far away too?

He is about an hour or so away from me. He's actually one of the lucky ones to tell you the truth. A lot of the times once somebody goes to prison whether they are innocent or not they don't get visitors. Anyway, he stays busy so that helps. He sews and I do believe that he has some kind of church group that he gets together with.

He is about an hour or so away from me. He's actually one of the lucky ones to tell you the truth. A lot of the times once somebody goes to prison whether they are innocent or not they don't get visitors. Anyway, he stays busy so that helps. He sews and I do believe that he has some kind of church group that he gets together with.
Just a bit of advice from the Old Papa: See him every week if you're able. Pick a day, make that a day for him. We are servants of the LORD and we serve Him by serving others. Regular visits (weekly) will mean so much. Just offering Papaly (as opposed to fatherly) advice. ;)

I pray for Joe that he will use this time to get closer to God and seek God in all he says and does. And that if it's possible, that Joe will get released sooner than later, even to pray that new evidence will show his innocence and that people will work on his behalf to get him set free. Until then, I pray for his peace in all this and for yours. But I must emphasize the blessing he receives each time you're able to visit him. It will give him a further reason to hope.

Last edited:
Just a bit of advice from the Old Papa: Seem him every week if you're able. Pick a day, make that a day for him. We are servants of the LORD and we serve Him by serving others. Regular visits (weekly) will mean so much. Just offering Papaly (as opposed to fatherly) advice. ;)

I honestly wish that I could. I would seriously be there every day, I just can't afford a trip like that all the time and besides that my mom takes time out of her busy schedule to drive me along with his mother there since none us have the money for a car or gas right now. At least every time that we do get to see him is special and we are allowed to get pictures together and a vending card that gets us snacks. I also email back and forth with him and provide him with extras like music and stuff. Anyway, thank you both for all of your kindness, support, and prayers. Love you both. *hugs* (since I can't get the emoji button for it to work right now)

You're welcome. And cards and letters are also essential. I'm a terrible writer of such things. But the receiver is blessed.

Thank God for messenger and email! I can do that easily!

You're welcome. And cards and letters are also essential. I'm a terrible writer of such things. But the receiver is blessed.

Thank God for messenger and email! I can do that easily!

Papa Zoom, you literally have one of the biggest hearts that I have seen. Thank God for people like you and I mean that with the truest formy of sincerity.

I'm trying so hard not to cry right now. I called my grandfather that too. He was a huge believer. So was my grandmother. My pawpaw went home to be with the Lord when I was only nine years old. My grandmother passed ten years later. I know that they're both together in a better place now but I still miss them both SO much and there's not a day goes by that I don't think of them.

hi. sorry about Joe's situation. Not to go off on all this, but....we have -way- too many people in prison, jail, on probation, on parole, in America. Its been this way since...I think it really got started in the 70s or so. ugh.

anyway, im glad you're there for him and can visit sometimes. i'll keep you and joe and your family up in prayer. :)

hi. sorry about Joe's situation. Not to go off on all this, but....we have -way- too many people in prison, jail, on probation, on parole, in America. Its been this way since...I think it really got started in the 70s or so. ugh.

anyway, im glad you're there for him and can visit sometimes. i'll keep you and joe and your family up in prayer. :)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. :hug

Alright guys so here's the deal. I went to go see Joe today and he's got a couple people helping him with his case. The only thing that we need to find is a decent lawyer that will work for a lower amount of pay, or no pay at all. I already pleaded for help and advice in the business section, so I'm really hoping and praying that somebody will respond and please continue to pray for that as well. Anyway, I love him so much and the only thing that is stopping me from crying right now is that it's been confirmed by my pastor that I have a spiritual gift when it comes to talking with the Lord and He promised me that He would help me through this no matter what the cost and He never breaks His promises. :cross

Last edited:
Oh April this is good news that people are helping. I live in a different country from you otherwise I may have been able to help with a lawyer. But prayers are powerful and God can do all things. I will be praying that a great lawyer is found, I'll pray for that every morning. I am sure many people will be praying for the same thing. :)

Oh April this is good news that people are helping. I live in a different country from you otherwise I may have been able to help with a lawyer. But prayers are powerful and God can do all things. I will be praying that a great lawyer is found, I'll pray for that every morning. I am sure many people will be praying for the same thing. :)

I sure hope so. I really want to cry right now. :crying If only I had the money. I love seeing Joey don't get me wrong, but leaving him is always the hardest part. Thanks for your prayers though, I will keep praying and I really sincerely hope that somebody on here will be able to help me.

Back