Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers needed for me, urgently!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rohanthomas

Hi,

Recently, ive been going through a lot of changes in life.

I just graduated from college a month ago, Im desperately searching for a job when all my other friends have secured good jobs. My girlfriend cheated on me and I had to end a 3 year old relationship, which has been very hard on me too. Im just 21 years old, and Ive been a Christian all my life. My never a devout Christian. Ive tried to go to god for help, but I was unable to recieve any sort of assurance, inner peace. Maybe my approach was wrong. I wish to get some sort of inner peace, Ive been in this depressed state for way too long. I feel like Ive carried by burden for way too long. I wish for you to pray for may that I may walk with the Lord Jesus Christ in happiness and in peace. Please pray that I may be able to break away from all my sorrows and troubles. Please pray that I may get the sufficient strength from him to face all of life's battles. I am a very weak person. I wish to strengthen my relationship with the Lord. I do not want to turn away from him anymore. Please do pray for me.

Thanks.

I will certainly pray for you...

You are really in one of the roughest times of life... things will get better. Not because all of a sudden they'll start going your way, but you'll gain more and more experience dealing with the issues the adult world throws at you. It's not uncommon for people to deal with depression during this time of life.

Submerse yourself into God's word, pray in all things and be thankful in all things as well.

I'd like to share a verse with you that became my "life verse" when I was about your age.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

This verse doesn't promise us that we will never experience tough times or bad things... but it does promise us that God will work out all things for our ultimate good. I hope you fine this as encouraging as I did.

Thankyou very much. It is indeed a very hard time for me, and prayers would definitely help. I need a lot of strength from the Lord, Im weak on my own. I genuinely hope that he guides and strengthens me at this point of time.

Thankyou very much. It is indeed a very hard time for me, and prayers would definitely help. I need a lot of strength from the Lord, Im weak on my own. I genuinely hope that he guides and strengthens me at this point of time.

i'm praying for you now:thumbsup
Sorry about the break up with your gf. I hope you will look at the bright side of that finding her cheating on you earlier and not on the time that she's aready your wife , you know. And i hope you will learn to wait this time. I suggest that you focus on your career first and explore the world before jumping into another relationship. Don't pressure yourself too much about finding a job immediately after graduation, take your time. Think about your passion and collaborate it to what you really want to do in life. Mostly our first jobs will define our career paths. So don't be in a hurry. I pray that God will give you peace, comfort and joy. Remember when He said " "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinth. 12: 9

:waving Hello I am sorry to hear that you had to make a break w/ your girlfriend but I am sure that the LORD has something better in store for you so stay strong ... right now work hard to find a good job and keep yourself busy. And, as they all said ... getting back into the word and study is excellent. So, keep your chin up & I am here praying for you too !!

Wow. I really am overwhelmed by all your responses. Im now starting to believe that god ended my relationship because he has someone better in store. Im trying to stay strong with the lord, psalms and proverbs give me amazing assurance and relief.
HisSummerRose: im trying to keep myself busy and working on my career plans. Thankyou very much for the prayers. God bless you :)
God's_Gift: I wont make the mistake of jumping into things again :) Im currently deciding on my career plans, i will take it slow and decide. Thankyou very much for your prayers, god bless you :)

Wow. I really am overwhelmed by all your responses. Im now starting to believe that god ended my relationship because he has someone better in store. Im trying to stay strong with the lord, psalms and proverbs give me amazing assurance and relief.
HisSummerRose: im trying to keep myself busy and working on my career plans. Thankyou very much for the prayers. God bless you :)
God's_Gift: I wont make the mistake of jumping into things again :) Im currently deciding on my career plans, i will take it slow and decide. Thankyou very much for your prayers, god bless you :)

you're welcome and we're excited to fellowship with you here just stick around, God bless :wave

I will certainly pray for you...

You are really in one of the roughest times of life... things will get better. Not because all of a sudden they'll start going your way, but you'll gain more and more experience dealing with the issues the adult world throws at you. It's not uncommon for people to deal with depression during this time of life.

Submerse yourself into God's word, pray in all things and be thankful in all things as well.

I'd like to share a verse with you that became my "life verse" when I was about your age.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

This verse doesn't promise us that we will never experience tough times or bad things... but it does promise us that God will work out all things for our ultimate good. I hope you fine this as encouraging as I did.

Excellant advice. That has been my life verse for many years and has gotten me through unbelievable trials and tests. The great thing is that after each dark time I can look back and see God's hand working things out and the good that came out of the time. He loves you and will not forsake you even though sometimes you cannot seem to see or hear Him. He is always there.:biglol

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back