Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Needed

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok, maybe I better look into that. Oh, great, dealing with SS - like I had no other stresses in life.
apply first and also talk to a lawyer. they will at least give the idea of what to do. my wife got hers with just one try. prayers do work.

Well, it was just today that my nephew mentioned it. I had not even THOUGHT about it until he said something. It would make my savings last longer and encourage me back to recovery.

You people here are great. I believe in your prayers more than my own, THAT is for sure.

Well, it was just today that my nephew mentioned it. I had not even THOUGHT about it until he said something. It would make my savings last longer and encourage me back to recovery.

You people here are great. I believe in your prayers more than my own, THAT is for sure.
does your job have a disability plan? if it does and you don't have that type of coverage. I suggest getting it. its meant for things like this. to cover one in situations like that.

The fear or the feeling of doom that comes with the doc saying you have some type of heart trouble... is strange... it is real ... been there, dont want the Tshirt...They told me while going through cancer the heart thing over rode the cancer... It is one of those things time really helps....

Dont worry about not being perfect Pizza we aren't we just arent.. He is, and ,He is our salvation ! so some of the pepperoni slipped or the crust burnt....your still our Pizza guy He died for you :)

Thanks Reba. Headed to bed, thanks for your prayers.

Should the Lord bring me thru this, and I kinda think He will - the changes I am making will be even greater than what I'v done so far.

Good night all and thank you each once again.

Well, each day I feel better. I even got on the phone and email and did some work for my nuke job. Another tech is trying to document everything and I send him some pics and information.

Talked to payroll - we salaried don't get sick time -but due to the overtime Ive worked unpaid, I get four weeks of pay and then one week's vacation. So that helps to set my mind at ease.

Thanks for all of your prayers - the "Big one" may be Wednesday when they tell me what the tests showed. I think I did kinda good at the stress test, but don't know. As to the CT pictures, who konws what they will show -but I WILL update you all Wednesday.

I see I have some diet changes and stress stuff to work on - but I also have spiritual things to look at, too. I have no reason to think God has rejected me, I remember the May 1994 thing when He TOLD me He would always be with me. I KNOW it in my head, but somehow, I get scared.

Yup we are just people and we get scared... Happy new day to ya ... nice to know you are more at ease about the pay.... God knows... :) Diet changes? just dont change your username to Tofu :)

Well, each day I feel better. I even got on the phone and email and did some work for my nuke job. Another tech is trying to document everything and I send him some pics and information.

Talked to payroll - we salaried don't get sick time -but due to the overtime Ive worked unpaid, I get four weeks of pay and then one week's vacation. So that helps to set my mind at ease.

Thanks for all of your prayers - the "Big one" may be Wednesday when they tell me what the tests showed. I think I did kinda good at the stress test, but don't know. As to the CT pictures, who konws what they will show -but I WILL update you all Wednesday.

I see I have some diet changes and stress stuff to work on - but I also have spiritual things to look at, too. I have no reason to think God has rejected me, I remember the May 1994 thing when He TOLD me He would always be with me. I KNOW it in my head, but somehow, I get scared.

I think God made us that way, that when our physical life is in danger we fear. If we didn't, how hard would we fight to stay alive in any circumstance. How hard would we fight for our children's and others lives?
We naturally have a survival instinct, if you will. It takes courage to overcome that fear, another gift from God.
So when we know He is always with us we can have courage beyond the natural. But that doesn't mean we won't still "feel" that fear. Our faith however, is not based on those natural feelings.
Personally, it sounds to me like your faith is doing just fine.

Thanks all. I, on the advice of a home care worker they sent yesterday, went to the store (she drove) and bought, amoung other items, "Sleepy Time Extra Tea" with camomile. And I just awoke from my first 8 hour sleep in two weeks. I awoke twice, but unlike before, I went right back to sleep. OF course the conversation with Payroll helped, Im sure.

One thing about the sleeping aid the doc gave me, I DREAM so much now. Last dream last night was a bit upsetting, I dreamt my car was, by mistake of a friend, taken to a garage to be worked on! I HATE to let my car be in the hands of others!

Anyway, a lady I met on the dating site "CHristianMingle.com" from Texas called me last night and prayed healing over me. I'm not a big charismatic believer - but at times, their almost-over-the-top faith really feels good. And there are times I think God WILL heal, and this is one - since I really thing I WORRIED MYSELF SICK over the past year. I truly believe that I did this to myself. I couild be wrong, but I don't think I am. I've been very depressed and worried and alone - and I think it all took it's toll. Added to this, is my sister's continuing deterioration.

Anyway, please keep praying and maybe I can get to where I'm more active on here soon. Thanks again, all.

I real Philippians 3 and 4 tonight on advice of a friend. It was good advice.

I know in my head that God loves me, but sometimes, often, I just feel so unworthy. It is only by His grace I have any hope at all. Sometimes, I just wonder if I have done anything in this life that He will be pleased with. My sister says my dedication to my sons when they were young does count for a lot - in at least the "leaving good people in this world" idea.

My sons are both good people and I am so proud of both of them.

Well, another cup of tea and I'm off to bed. I thank God for all of you good people here on the forum.

Sleepy Time Tea...great choice, Pizza ... great choice! Am glad you're getting some sleep...very important, sleep is. (Sorry about the car-focused nightmare, tho)

Prayers continue as you continue to heal in both body and spirit. And please remember: our Lord loves you dearly, and many of us Cfnetters love you, too!

Pizza wrote:
One thing about the sleeping aid the doc gave me, I DREAM so much now. Last dream last night was a bit upsetting, I dreamt my car was, by mistake of a friend, taken to a garage to be worked on! I HATE to let my car be in the hands of others!

Yes, he's on the mend!

SPeaking of my car. I have not driven it in two weeks. I am feeling that, when my friend arrives to visit this afternoon, I will take them for a ride (that way, I am supervised in my some-what drugged state). I need to get out of these four walls and feel ALIVE again.

The other day, when I waited 35 minutes for a cab, I paced in front of the doc's office - and the longer I paced in the pollen-filled air, the better I felt. I need to get out, bought some face masks a few days ago (Aid drove me to Walgreens) and I'm gonna use them. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back