Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Please?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dear Sister gerbilgirl, from time immemorial man's heart lusted to the very things that hurt him, there is consequence, and many times it is those we spend time with influencing our decisions which overcome any defence we may have offered. There is scripture which touches on this challenge to our desires, and that is Ps 101:3-4 and it is indeed a war within. Somewhere I've heard the saying or prayer: "Lord, help me guard mine eyes against sin.."
Psa 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
Psa 101:4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

I wrote the following short lesson on the Armor of God that may help you. May God bless you to rise above the things attempting to destroy you in Jesus' name. Prayer continues.
The Armor of God
http://www.christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/the-armor-of-god.51558/

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds selfish but could I please request prayer? You see I keep sinning, badly, something illegal actually. And my therapist basically said she's turning me in if it continues. But I don't know how to stop. I don't want God to hate me or to get in trouble. Any prayers are greatly appreciated. Please don't judge me, I'm really struggling and trying to stop.

Your Therapist is obligated to turn you in, unless it's a area she has understanding about in some twisted way. Sex with animals for example. You need to be with an anointed believer that hears God and can get to the root so that you can understand. I am available, but would defer you to a Godly women.
Eugene is right about scripture, you can't stop the sin because of a weak spirit.

Thank you everyone. Brother Mike if my therapist were to turn me in I don't think at this point I'd be in too much trouble with the law, I'm just worried because I'm having urges to do worse things lately, but I have not acted on these worsened urges.

Thank you everyone. Brother Mike if my therapist were to turn me in I don't think at this point I'd be in too much trouble with the law, I'm just worried because I'm having urges to do worse things lately, but I have not acted on these worsened urges.
Stand firm my precious sister. You have done and can still do it.
Believe me the more you stand the easier it does get. Remember that urges are not sinful, it's acting on urges that are sinful. As a male at times I get an urge to watch something I shouldn't, that's not sinful. But if I act on that urge and watch something I shouldn't then that is sinful.

You have the Holy Spirit in you, he is in you as a deposit of your inheritance, a marker as a daughter of God our Father. He is in you to remind you of that but also to help you, help me, help all that have accepted Jesus.

Remember Jesus is interceding for you.
Remember if you do stumble God has forgiven you. Confess the stumble, agree with God that you got it wrong.
Thank him for his forgiveness and praise him for it.

Ask for more faith to walk tall and resist.

Amen, The devil can be very persistent with thoughts, and make us feel certain ways. The trouble comes when we allow these thoughts that will set our life back to remain and we actually meditate on them bad thoughts. That is how the Junk gets in us, and so we can learn to stop the devil in His tracks through the Word and get answers from the Lord.

I don't mind speaking with you, most likely will give you over to my wife who can talk about the girly stuff. I believe God has answers for everyone and victory over everything.

Just P.M me, if led to do so.

Be blessed. and highly favored.
Mike.

Mike,

I hope you don't mind me supplementing your above post with the following bible verses.

Ephesians 6:11-13
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Gerbilgirl. The battle is in the mind. Satan can't make us sin but he will do everything to mess with your mind. If he succeeds then it manifests in the flesh, the outworking of his lies he places in our minds.

So we need to realise it's a spiritual battle. Truth is Satan has no authority over us. He is like a prowling lion BUT HE HAS NO TEETH and he can't hurt us if we stand firm and tell him to go away. We need to understand that through Jesus we actually have authority over him. So we can rebuke those thoughts straight away and claim victory over him.

Mike,

I hope you don't mind me supplementing your above post with the following bible verses.

Ephesians 6:11-13
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Gerbilgirl. The battle is in the mind. Satan can't make us sin but he will do everything to mess with your mind. If he succeeds then it manifests in the flesh, the outworking of his lies he places in our minds.

So we need to realise it's a spiritual battle. Truth is Satan has no authority over us. He is like a prowling lion BUT HE HAS NO TEETH and he can't hurt us if we stand firm and tell him to go away. We need to understand that through Jesus we actually have authority over him. So we can rebuke those thoughts straight away and claim victory over him.

Yes, I was talking on the phone with someone else that posted on this forum today. I wont give His name but He called me from a mental facility. I let him talk with my wife also, and we had the same conversation. The battle starts with what you are meditating on. Your giving place to bad thoughts and meditating on those, or your giving place to the word.

You can't fight thoughts with thoughts, We are designed to speak, and the Sword of the Spirit (word of God) whacks the devil in the head and breaks His horns I hope.

I called the devil a false wanna be lion. Just like you said, He is powerless, but can be relentless in his bombing our minds with thoughts. It seems almost unfair at times, but our weapons are not carnal but mighty. We need to teach believers how to use the weapons given and stand on what little foundation they have until it grows to a place the devil has no more buttons to push.

You can only offer help, very few want to really change. In fact, as sad as it is, sometimes change won't come until a person has but all destroyed themselves. As long as they have some comfort, they continue on the same path, refusing answers. Sometimes for people it's to late.

We need to learn to get fed up immediately when something in our life does not line up with scripture. We need to come unglued and say, No you don't devil. No place for you buddy. Just like Joshua. He lost 37 or so men out of 3,000. Not a great loss by today standards but Joshua expected no losses, and called the elders together with ashes to seek the Lord for the answer.
We need to be like this, not wait until we suffer loss.

For me, in the past when there's a sin in me that is a snare, if I don't bring it to God, and ask for forgiveness the specific sin not only stays but out her sins that are not usually were I'm weak also become a temptation. Speaking out of being ashamed of not overcoming the first sin, and asking for forgiveness many times before had in it's own way made me ashamed to bring it before God again right away. This has happened a few times in my life, and now
I think submitting to one sin is an inviting for other sins to tempt us.

I don't know if this is like your issue Gerbilgirl, but I've come to the conclusion that there are some sins I am expecially weak with, and with regards to those sins I need to bring them before God as soon as I can after I am faced with them, expecially if the temptation wins and I do what I try not to do. If I don't ask for God's help and His forgiveness, that's when I notice the other sins and temptation get stronger and bolder within me.

If that's like your issue, I hope this advise helps. Keeping you in my prayers, and hoping for one day both of us are free from the sins that we have been weak against.

I don't know if this is like your issue Gerbilgirl, but I've come to the conclusion that there are some sins I am expecially weak with, and with regards to those sins I need to bring them before God as soon as I can after I am faced with them, expecially if the temptation wins and I do what I try not to do. If I don't ask for God's help and His forgiveness, that's when I notice the other sins and temptation get stronger and bolder within me.

I get where you are coming from. We all have weaknesses in our lives that are a snare.
I think the issue is that when we give into temptation our response to it is crucial.

My mindset of past and still fighting it, is that when I fail I get down on myself, call my self all ends of names and have negative thoughts. I call myself an idiot and other less complementary words, question whether I love God, whether God still loves me because I'm a useless so and so. To be honest when one feels like that I think that's an attack from Satan.

I don't think God would ever make me like a useless piece of crap, but a times when we get it wrong guilt can overcome us and I don't think God places guilt in our hearts.

What I do think though is that through the Holy Spirit he reveals to us that we got it wrong and all he asks is for us to come before him, agree that we got it wrong and we don't want to get it wrong and need help.

I also think that we need thank him for his forgiveness, if we truly understand that we are forgiven based on faith in Jesus then I think that releases us and keeps our relationship open from our side, the door is always open from Gods side (Temple Curtain torn in two).

We need to do it sraitght away

Things seem to be getting worse instead of better.
You're going to have to remember that ultimately it is your decision. While we are not responsible to what happened to us as kids we are indeed responsible for how we respond to that abuse as adults....assuming of course you are an adult. We simply must allow the Lord to untangle the tangled, prematurely activated sexual electrical wiring in our brains. My sexual wiring was jump started way too early in my life. It was like a spaghetti bowl. Had to relearn what sex was about and learn proper boundaries and then work on application. The Lord will help you if you really approach him with a repentant heart even if you have not yet physically repented. Go on this journey with our Lord...you won't regret it.

I know its my decision. I am an adult. I'm fighting off urges in almost every way I can think of. The one thing, and I think only thing, I'm missing is God. I'm not blaming God though.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back