Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praying Against Civil Unrest And Riots

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't think that student should be discouraged in such instances. Recalling Matthew 10:14 may help them to endure.
Personally in today's liberal campus worldly indoctrination centers being as they are, I don't think a Christian has any place there except to minister.
True but he or she has also paid for the year they lost when they are kicked out. Most of uss poor folks cannot afford that. Had my granddaughter not gone to Texas A&M on a full ride cause of her grades we could not have even sent her but she made the top ten percent, earning a free ride at A&M.

True but he or she has also paid for the year they lost when they are kicked out. Most of uss poor folks cannot afford that. Had my granddaughter not gone to Texas A&M on a full ride cause of her grades we could not have even sent her but she made the top ten percent, earning a free ride at A&M.
I'd wonder about that holding up in court . The 6th circuit on appeal held that it is a matter of freedom of speech for a non-student evangelist on a Tennessee campus proselytizing in the public forum there.
If it is permitted for a non-student I don't believe it would be illegal for a paying student.

I wouldn't think you'd always need money for such a fight. There are Christian civil rights groups and legal activist firms that take these cases often for free.

I wouldn't think you'd always need money for such a fight. There are Christian civil rights groups and legal activist firms that take these cases often for free.
She needed to go to school and her grandpa is still paying the credit card of that I charged the twenty thousand dollars against for her wedding. And courts can be very very slow, especially if we drew an Aggie Judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
My family and I are praying against the destructive and inappropriate civil unrest demonstrated by these so-called "protestors" in the last few days. These are not just protesters; they are people engaged in criminal activity. If you or I should go stand in the middle of a street necessary for travel and refused to get off that same road, we would eventually be arrested. Such activity is considered criminal.

The way that I pray for this is not only to ask the Lord to change the hearts and mind of theses protestors, but also for the Lord to raise up other like-minded Christians who will pray for the same. This is prayer multiplied.

If anything good will be manifested in our nation it will only come forth through the prayers of the saints. Why? Well, simply put, God Almighty has chosen to work through the prayers of the saints. We are the "Salt of the Earth," and salt effects the entirety of that to which it is applied.
There are criminal elements within our society who take advantage of movements and hi-jack them to further ulterior motives.

She needed to go to school and her grandpa is still paying the credit card of that I charged the twenty thousand dollars against for her wedding. And courts can be very very slow, especially if we drew an Aggie Judge.
My intentions were not to interject divisiveness but rather options that may help others to not be dissuaded from a fight based on one persons experience in that area.
No intention to cause you harm brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video footage I look at shows most of them impeding traffic and consequently harming their fellow citizens. Was your niece impeding traffic?

Did the American colonists hurt their own fellow citizens in this manner as a result of their early protests? Are the current protestors following a manifest destiny of righteousness healing for our nation? I think not.
I don't know if she helped caused a traffic jam. Nothing was reported on it here, and she didn't say. I'm sure she and the thousands of others crossed streets at times, impeding city traffic..... If some assume they were "deliberately" impeding traffic, then that's their fault. Pedestrians have the right of way around these parts. Maybe that's why no "traffic jams" were reported? Hmm.....

Absolutely. Loyalist to England's King George were just as much fellow citizens of the Colonies during the Revolutionary War. Many were tarred and feathered--and worse, by patriots. The public reaction of the English to the Boston Tea Party's riot/protest is in the history books. I encourage you to investigate it at leisure. Reading history for yourself is never an empty intellectual pursuit.

My intentions were not to interject divisiveness but rather options that may help others to not be dissuaded from a fight based on one persons experience in that area.
No intention to cause you harm brother.
And I am not stupid therefore the personal attack was uncalled for.
As Christians we know we should never engage in physical attacks on anyone simply because they don't believe what we do. We are mandated to carry God's love to the world, not the hate Satan abuses for his own ends. God is never glorified when Christians choose to hate groups within humanity.

As Christians we know we should never engage in physical attacks on anyone simply because they don't believe what we do. We are mandated to carry God's love to the world, not the hate Satan abuses for his own ends. God is never glorified when Christians choose to hate groups within humanity.
Where has it appeared someone engaged in or advocated physical attacks?

[QUOTE="Politico, post: 1267875, member: 9921"....It is His will to heal the US..... [/QUOTE]
How do you know this for sure? Every national prayer identified in the bible says IF THE RIGHTEOUS pray for God's mercy, He will heal their land.

....they cannot completely believe that our nation can be turned around for the good....
Pray for the Christians of this land above all, that we would trust the Lord's Will more than we trust any human "with a plan to save...anything". Not trust our nation. If those who are supposed to be the RIGHTEOUS are not righteous, what possible hope do we have for our country to heal?

....The current "political miracle" that as occurred with conservatives gaining a majority....
"Conservative Republican" does not equate with "Christian". Jesus Christ is the Christian's Savior, not.... and politics. As a reminder, the KKK and the Nazi Party are also among those "conservative Republicans", as are many, many others who are not Christians.

If a Christian student is evangelizing on campus, he or she will be forced to abandon their education through intimidation from the staff and assisted by the students.
Good point, but there are students who are successful at fighting for the Christian Worldview even in liberal colleges. So we need to pray for these christian students that the Lord will strengthen them and give them victory in such an environment.

Last edited:
There are criminal elements within our society who take advantage of movements and hi-jack them to further ulterior motives.
They are a major and inseparable element of the "movement." Take away theses criminals, and I doubt there would be much of a liberal-oriented movement left. People in high office and others with influence are encouraging their criminal behavior.

Last edited:
They are a major and inseparable element of the "movement." Take away theses criminals, and I doubt there would be much of a liberal-oriented movement left. People in high office and others with influence are encouraging their criminal behavior.
Yes, this is true down to the point of their refusal to publicly refute the actions of lawlessness.

I think Obama and HRC should come forward and call for peace. If Hillary had won and these were Trump supporters behaving this way I don't think it would be this quiet on their end.
I think TRUMP should come forward and call for peace and understanding. It's TRUMP'S mess, not Obama's, not Hillary's. The protesters are not angry at them. They are angry at TRUMP'S racial rhetoric. Here's his chance to be "everyone's president". And he's suddenly silent, after all the shouting and carrying on he did previous to the vote?? He wasn't shy then. Why is he now?

If it were Hillary protesters, why would Obama or Trump have to come out and calm everyone down?

I interjected nothing of the sort. I merely mentioned that Christians shouldn't support crime. The statement accused no one.
Violence was not discussed in this thread , physical violence, until you interjected what the Christian should not engage in.

These riots aren't known to include Christian's behaving badly are they?

I think TRUMP should come forward and call for peace and understanding. It's TRUMP'S mess, not Obama's, not Hillary's. The protesters are not angry at them. They are angry at TRUMP'S racial rhetoric. Here's his chance to be "everyone's president". And he's suddenly silent, after all the shouting and carrying on he did previous to the vote?? He wasn't shy then. Why is he now?

If it were Hillary protesters, why would Obama or Trump have to come out and calm everyone down?
I believe when Obama and Hillary and Trump both stated in post-election speeches their desire to unite the country, everyone should ask for peace. Because these riots are impacting everyone.

I'm also going to sneak this edit in now as a question while I seek the rules answer myself. But if anyone knows before I get back please share.

Is this particular forum by rule not to include debate about what is being prayed for or about? I've been to other forums where that is such a rule. I just realized I could be contributing to a derail.
Thanks.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back