Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Preaching the Gospel

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I dont preach anything. Im too busy trying to find myself and keep my own faith as it is. People should be preaching to me, not me them.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. If You got into the Bible, and spoke it out loud, you could preach to yourself. Thus helping your faith to grow. The Word of God is a seed, and planted in your spirit, if you water it, will grow.

Jesus said if you try to find your life you will loose it, but if you give it up for His sake then you will find life.

So how much of the Word or what is in the Word of God do you share? I think that sharing is a better word than preaching especially for those of us who are not ordained pastors.
Blessings dan!

Hi Cturtle
I use to go to a church, that my father was a deacon of, that use to preach about fire and brimstone all the time.
Very frightening to a child.
Gave me nightmares!
Would God want it that way?
You can't force someone to love you through scary tactics.
You should love Him for what He has done for you, and a close relationship.
You can't make anyone love you, and that is what He wants, your love.
So, I would rather tell others of the joy and peace that He gives to me, and His love.

For what greater love is this, that a man lay down His life for His friends. John 15:13

And that is the whole point of this thread. Learning to share the good news of what God has done for us, and the goodness that Jesus came to save us, and set us free, and to love us. I herd it said that Jesus loved us so much that He died and rose again to redeemed us from the curses of our sin, so that He did not have to spend eternity without us.

I'm sorry that you have been hurt and scared by the church when you were little, and no God never intended it to be that way. Jesus was never that way, and the Bible (Jesus own words) says that when we have seen Him we have seen the Father. Your description of a relationship and gently bringing or lovingly conveying grace, peace and joy is very good! This pleases God? Blessings to you!

I preach the Good News wherever I go.
My wife goes out into the streets and preaches as I stay home and pray for her.
She always gets good results.
I don't try to scare people.
A conversation has to get deep before I go in that direction, and it rarely happens.
It's my job to be a reporter of the Good News.
I did just that with my neighbor last night.

Awesome post rollo! Thanks for sharing!

God loves us. Jesus is the solution not the problem. When people teach or preach "Accept Jesus or go to hell" they are teaching the anti-good news. The problem is we are already going there because we reject God and choose to be our own lord (not because we sin)....Jesus is the free pass out....the means to our pardon....He is the good news and this because He loved us

Hebrews 2:14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver ( to snatch away, rescue, save) them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world (not for God was so angry at the world) that He gave His only begotten Son…

Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us (not His wrath) in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. This Christ’s death was an action of the love of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath (we are children of “orge” – children of anger, and natural disposition, temper, indignation, agitation – this speaks of our character, not God’s anger at us because of a sense of a need to satisfy His justice), just as the others.

4 But God (now we address His attitude toward us), who IS rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us (loved as in past tense – while we were in our sins -notice it says nothing off His vehement hatred or anger at us), 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us (not wrath toward us)in Christ Jesus.

1 John 4:19 - We love Him because He first loved us (while we were still in out sin He loved us, and was not filled with wrath toward us).

Yes it is in his love and in his pity that he redeemed us. Did we deserve this love? No! Not necessarily! We were children of orge (disobedience)…we were indignant, obstinate, of natural disposition focused on the whims of the flesh and the will of our own minds. So though He died on behalf of all mankind (making the ransom available for all) not all individuals will be saved because most will reject His FREE gift (of grace) given to restore, redeem, reconcile (the Lord Jesus who loved us so much He willfully laid down His life).

Jesus atonement is the answer to all the prayers, sacrifices, oblations, and seeking of all mankind of all times....and He is free to all who will receive Him (but alas all will not - Romans 1)

I fully agree with you! But may i say that as we spread the love of God (as per what i think you were saying in the beginning of your post) to all of those on this earth, more will be won for the kingdom and less will reject Christ if we are able to take all of your wonderful scriptures and share them in such a way that God's love is made very real to them. And if we are able to walk in love towards everyone...Jesus' love can be shown to a whole lot more!
Blessings Brother Paul!

I do agree with you, a good balance is important. I can't help but believe a good foundation to begin talks would be to speak of God's love, ensuring others that God's desire is that no one perishes. Many times people come away with the impression God is all to happy to for people to end up there, and that he is the one doing the sending.
That's how I see it, although to never speak of hell would be dishonest.
Bless you!

That's the saddest part about the world and some of the churches today. A lot of people believe that God is the reason why people go to hell and that He is such a mean God, that He really wants to put people in hell. Until about a year ago, i had never herd or realized that there are scriptures that say that Jesus was sad because of the peoples hardness in their hearts. That does not sound like a mean God who wants to send everyone to hell. The verse that you gave regarding God not willing that anyone should perish is a good example of the Love that God has for us!
Thanks for sharing!

it seems,according to Jesus, the Law was for the arrogant and degenerate and the gospel for the humble - twinc

Being that John 3:16 says whosoever...i believe that the gospel was meant for everyone. Even the arrogant and the degenerate need love too. Maybe these have gotten this way due to not enough love when they were growing up, thus they think that they have to be that way in order to get what God has promised to everyone, if we would just do things His way. God created us for giving and receiving love. When we go against that it really does affect our own bodies.
Thanks for the opportunity to respond to your imput! Many blessings to you!

All these posts and not one clear post of what the gospel is?:nono

Acts 16:31

BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.............that is the Gospel folks!

******************** Jesus Christ himself, said the following ********************

“Whosoever believes in me will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:15

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:16

“He that believes on him is not condemned, but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has notbelieved in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” Jn 3:18

“He that believes the Son has everlasting life, and he that believes not the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” Jn 3:36

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one that which sees the Son, and believes on him, will have everlasting life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”Jn 6:40

“Truly I say unto you, he that believes on me, has everlasting life.” Jn 6:47

True to a point, but if we do not share the "good news" (which also is translated gospel) of Jesus and who He is, how much He loves us or why He came (to lovingly set us free from sin) , then no one will care about having everlasting life.

People who truly embrace Christ and are able to be set free, are ones that know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are loved by their Heavenly Father.
Blessings to you! I pray the love of God surround you in all that you do!

I do agree with you, a good balance is important. I can't help but believe a good foundation to begin talks would be to speak of God's love, ensuring others that God's desire is that no one perishes. Many times people come away with the impression God is all to happy to for people to end up there, and that he is the one doing the sending.
That's how I see it, although to never speak of hell would be dishonest.
Bless you!

The Wisdom from above is pure, gentle, easy to grasp.

How do you use wisdom from above and tell someone that they can go to hell?

People want help, they want a real God who will heal, pay the bills, get them out of their miserable lives.

Every sinner I talked to understands Christians believe in Hell. Not met one who does not. How is me explaining hell then which they already know I believe going to encourage them?

How do you use wisdom from above and tell someone that they can go to hell?

The same way Jesus did.

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.............that is the Gospel folks!

******************** Jesus Christ himself, said the following ********************

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jn 3:16

“He that believes on him is not condemned, but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has notbelieved in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” Jn 3:18

“He that believes the Son has everlasting life, and he that believes not the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” Jn 3:36

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one that which sees the Son, and believes on him, will have everlasting life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”Jn 6:40

Well ya know that is because the post was not asking how do you or what all words do you use......
:nono

Over-the-Top Good News!

Creflo Dollar

Have you ever heard something that was just too good to be true? Well, there is some news that seems too good to be true, but it’s the ultimate truth. Let me tell you what it is: The Gospel of Christ is the Gospel of grace. There is no other Gospel! Grace is the entire Gospel! In Galatians 1:6-7, Paul writes, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.”

The word Gospel means nearly too good to be true news. Grace is the unmerited, undeserved, favor of God, which you didn’t earn, work for, or deserve, that He wants to lavish upon you. In times past, when we heard Gospel, it was a general reference to the whole Bible. However, the Gospel is not the whole Bible. We also treated grace like it was a subject, or a curriculum. But grace is a Person! Grace and truth came in the Person of Jesus Christ (John 1:17). The grace message is the genuine Gospel, which is over-the-top good news!

So why is the Gospel of grace seemingly too good to be true? Because of Christ, God is showing up and making men righteous, without them having to work to earn righteousness (Romans 5:19). You’ve been made the righteousness of God, not because of the goodie-goodie things you’ve done, but because you believed in Jesus, and therefore, you were made righteous. That’s too-good-to-be-true news!

God has forgiven you of your sins-past, present, and future! He is not imputing sin on you (2 Corinthians 5:19). When you sin, He’s not charging it to your account. The grace of God has shown up to solve the sin problem. That’s too-good-to-be-true news!

Christ died for the whole world, which means salvation is available to everyone (1 Thessalonians 5:9). He offered to save you when you knew there was absolutely nothing you could possibly do to deserve salvation. He showed up and gave you something that was too good to be true!

When you get a revelation of God’s grace, it will set you free. Free from condemnation, free from guilt, free from beating yourself up, free from the fear of dying and going to hell. People don’t go to hell because of sin; they go to hell because they reject Jesus (Psalm 9:17)! That’s the Gospel! That’s over-the-top good news!

Then, on top of all that, God says, I’ll heal and deliver you! I’ll set you free! I’ll prosper you! I’ll do all those things you’ve been trying to work to deserve and earn. In return, all He needs you to do is believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ (John 19:30).

So whenever you think you don’t deserve what God wants to do for you, remind yourself that you have been given an abundance of undeserved favor (Romans 3:24, AMP). The Gospel of grace has made available to you everything that pertains to life and godliness. That’s over-the-top good news!
https://www.creflodollarministries.org/BibleStudy/Articles.aspx?id=459

Over-the-Top Good News!

Creflo Dollar

Have you ever heard something that was just too good to be true? Well, there is some news that seems too good to be true, but it’s the ultimate truth. Let me tell you what it is: The Gospel of Christ is the Gospel of grace. There is no other Gospel! Grace is the entire Gospel! In Galatians 1:6-7, Paul writes, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.”

The word Gospel means nearly too good to be true news. Grace is the unmerited, undeserved, favor of God, which you didn’t earn, work for, or deserve, that He wants to lavish upon you. In times past, when we heard Gospel, it was a general reference to the whole Bible. However, the Gospel is not the whole Bible. We also treated grace like it was a subject, or a curriculum. But grace is a Person! Grace and truth came in the Person of Jesus Christ (John 1:17). The grace message is the genuine Gospel, which is over-the-top good news!

So why is the Gospel of grace seemingly too good to be true? Because of Christ, God is showing up and making men righteous, without them having to work to earn righteousness (Romans 5:19). You’ve been made the righteousness of God, not because of the goodie-goodie things you’ve done, but because you believed in Jesus, and therefore, you were made righteous. That’s too-good-to-be-true news!

God has forgiven you of your sins-past, present, and future! He is not imputing sin on you (2 Corinthians 5:19). When you sin, He’s not charging it to your account. The grace of God has shown up to solve the sin problem. That’s too-good-to-be-true news!

Christ died for the whole world, which means salvation is available to everyone (1 Thessalonians 5:9). He offered to save you when you knew there was absolutely nothing you could possibly do to deserve salvation. He showed up and gave you something that was too good to be true!

When you get a revelation of God’s grace, it will set you free. Free from condemnation, free from guilt, free from beating yourself up, free from the fear of dying and going to hell. People don’t go to hell because of sin; they go to hell because they reject Jesus (Psalm 9:17)! That’s the Gospel! That’s over-the-top good news!

Then, on top of all that, God says, I’ll heal and deliver you! I’ll set you free! I’ll prosper you! I’ll do all those things you’ve been trying to work to deserve and earn. In return, all He needs you to do is believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ (John 19:30).

So whenever you think you don’t deserve what God wants to do for you, remind yourself that you have been given an abundance of undeserved favor (Romans 3:24, AMP). The Gospel of grace has made available to you everything that pertains to life and godliness. That’s over-the-top good news!
https://www.creflodollarministries.org/BibleStudy/Articles.aspx?id=459

Thanks! I copied this and so i can read it over and over!
Blessings of peace and joy be yours in abundance!

it is written that it is even simpler than that viz 'simply simply believe as at Jn. 20:31 but as Jesus said to simply simply do so is very difficult if not impossible for adults - so as little Christian children He ensured we would qualify for as little Christian children we did once simply simply believe and now we must holdfast - twinc

The same way Jesus did.

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

as already stated why not just preach and teach how and what Jesus preached and taught viz the Law to the arrogant and the proud and the gospel to the poor and humble - via google see [Hell's best kept secret] - twinc

as already stated why not just preach and teach how and what Jesus preached and taught viz the Law to the arrogant and the proud and the gospel to the poor and humble - via google see [Hell's best kept secret] - twinc

Because that's not what Jesus did.

When you say the Law is for the arrogant and proud, you are mistaken.

Matthew 10:16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

This goes along with the reference to wolves in sheep's clothing. Referencing people who twist scripture for their own gain. All the people who have political agendas and what not.

19"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19 NASB)

Yes, but that Scripture is far different from.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
(Mat 25:41)

Many folks not saved are weighed by the burden of all the sin in their life, it's good news to know that can be lifted and washed away. We are talking about using "HELL" and warnings as opposed to good news you don't have to pay for any sin you committed.

The same way Jesus did.

Matthew 7

who is Jesus Talking to here Gary? This how you do it for those that need Good News? Jesus mention anything about hell here? What does Kingdom mean? (Hint it's a Greek Female noun)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back