Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Stove, that is the ONLY WAY to see it because it is Biblical.
We must ALL see the same Jesus. We must ALL say the same thing as God. (1 Jn. 3:1-2).
This "accept Jesus into your 'heart'" is a lie in the church thanks to Charles Finney and his lesser-known brother.
People come to all sorts of conclusions based on their understanding of scripture, but God knows their hearts. One can be wrong, but believe they are right. When pride sets in, arguments soon follow.

Paul talks about two types of sin. One type is unwillful. That simply means they dont know better. The second is willful.

It's possible that many who tell lies, do so out of ignorance and believe the lie. Pride is always a sign of insecurity and usually covers a lie that the prideful person is unaware they are caught in.

This is the shortest one I have; I hope you like brevity!
IF we endure, we shall also reign with Him.” (2 Tim. 2:12)
endure what ? all this emphasis bothers me certainly no scripture says we can continue in sin ..paul covers that what shall we sin because were under grace certainly not is what he says...,,but this endurance salvation is not scripture .. it takes Grace away paul wrote timothy as a good solider endure hardships .your taking it out of context

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

A true believer is kept secure by the power of God as we are sealed for the day of redemption. None who are Spiritually born again walking in obedience to God's commands and stature can ever have their names blotted out of the Lamb's book of life written before the foundation of the world. Salvation is God's work in us and not our own as it's God's power that keeps us as by grave we are saved, not through continuance of repentance as we do not continue to crucify Christ over and over.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The only names written in the Lamb's book of life before the foundation of the world are those who God already knows are His own. Many think they are just because they believe in His name, but have no relationship/fellowship with Him as they are not Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit is the fire that is within us that empowers us in our actions and attitudes. It's when we do what is wrong is when we grieve the Holy Spirit as we are not allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal himself the way he wants to. It's the Holy Spirit that convicts us of sin and when we are convicted then we must confess our sin in order to be forgiven as God cleanses us from all unrighteousness. All our sins past, present and future will be forgiven, but it's up to us to confess them before the Father.

None who are Spiritually born again walking in obedience to God's commands and stature
can ever have their names blotted out of the Lamb's book of life written before the foundation of the world.
Do you have any idea of how FEW people in the churches are doing da blue?
Conversely, do you have any idea how MANY people in the churches are sinning habitually?

Shall I post all of the endurance Scriptures for you?
feel free but i remind you saved by grace unmerited favor justified by grace faith the blood .. do you know what we are to endure .. your placing conditions had you used repentance you would have a leg to stand on. how about submit ?

Do you have any idea of how FEW people in the churches are doing da blue?
Conversely, do you have any idea how MANY people in the churches are sinning habitually?
There are many. Some do so in ignorance, which Paul uses himself as an example in 1 Timothy 1. Others are willfully disobedient, and these are written about in James 4:17 and further in Hebrews 6:4-6.

I believe each situation needs to be discerned on an individual basis. Paul murdered people, but he was taught, and believed he was doing the right thing. Simon in Acts 8 is a different story...

Where your treasure is, there your heart will also be. Your heart always follows the treasure.

There are many. Some do so in ignorance, which Paul uses himself as an example in 1 Timothy 1. Others are willfully disobedient, and these are written about in James 4:17 and further in Hebrews 6:4-6.

I believe each situation needs to be discerned on an individual basis. Paul murdered people, but he was taught, and believed he was doing the right thing. Simon in Acts 8 is a different story...

Where your treasure is, there your heart will also be. Your heart always follows the treasure.
obedience takes lots of discipline lots of learning to walk in the spirit sometime we keep the wrong treasure =flesh

Senior, there is only one verse that clinches it for me (besides the Presence of the Holy Spirit within me), and that is this Promise:

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

That's a stop sign. If we are ever in danger of "losing our salvation" then I have to call Jesus a liar.

To date, He's never left me nor forsaken me. Never.
And He never will.
Once a son, ALWAYS a son.

Well, this is true, but I think it's not as cut and dried as that, as if we have license to sin because we don't. But! His love covers a multitude of sins, and He knows that we are not perfected yet and will stumble. Tjhere's a couple thigs to consider here. Did we stumble on accident, or did we turn our back on the Lord and go our own way to fulfill our own desires and lusts of the flesh?

King David stumbled quite a bit, but he got back up and asked forgiveness and turned back to God in repentance. So He was forgiven. But there were some who...chose to turn away from the Lord altogether and go their own way. These will not be in heaven, unless they repent and stop living for the flesh. Repenting is not doing it anymore. How do we stop sinning?

By walking in the Spirit. We do not sin while walking in the Spirit. So it behooves us to stay in the presence of the Lord. Seeking first His presence and not our own desires. That is dying to the flesh.

I think there is some who, try to live righteous and not sin and to walk in love towards their brethern, but they may not press in to the Lord as they should. This is sort of a greay area, and I've been thinking about this for awhile now.

Will those people who don't turn their back on the Lord, but don't press in as they should, go to heaven? Yes I think they will, but will they be on equal footing in heaven like with (spiritual giants) who live an entire life for the Lord constantly pressing in? No. Scripture is clear, there is rank in heaven.

So what is our scriptural clue about this?
I *think* it may have to do with...the structure of the Lord's temple. There is, the outer court and the inner court, and the Holy of Holies, right? And yet, now we know, that we, are the Lords Temple. So is one content to become saved and reside in the outer court? Can one press in, and be promoted to be allowed into the inner court? The Holy of Holies?
I think so. I think there may be something to this line of thought, but I have not finished meditating and thinking about it yet to know for sure. What do you all think?

on the lose of salvation we can use scriptures for the can and can not ..but in the end were not the judge or have the finial say.. when my times comes i had rather be striving than not i also realize there are lots who have GONE ASTRAY . THAT IS IN A BACKSLIDE
CONDITION .. but as peter wrote our salvation inheritance is kept by the power of God.. i do have the responsibility to do the walk not just the talk

People come to all sorts of conclusions based on their understanding of scripture, but God knows their hearts. One can be wrong, but believe they are right. When pride sets in, arguments soon follow.

Paul talks about two types of sin. One type is unwillful. That simply means they dont know better. The second is willful.

It's possible that many who tell lies, do so out of ignorance and believe the lie. Pride is always a sign of insecurity and usually covers a lie that the prideful person is unaware they are caught in.

There is only one sin Jesus Christ died on the cross for, not many.

It's the sin by which Christ will be imputed from us, God's Elect people:

The sin of a sin-ful nature in man. But the lamb slain before God created man was only to allow a Righteous God create an unrighteous being. It works like a self-atonement for lack of a better word.

Just because God hasn't opened your mind to what I have said does not make me wrong. I plant and water. That's all.
I can't apologize for being so declarative, that's just who I am. And I don't mind at times discussing the Scripture, but doesn't there come a point in which the discussion halts and obedience begins? (not that I expect anything from you except to consider and wait. If it is true God will bring someone to water it. If not, then it really wasn't meant for you. What you did was draw it out. Don't you love it when God uses you? :)
So, what's next on the agenda?
Ah, I know....

explain while we dont know who will be saved,,but we know WHO can be
Revelation 13:8 (KJV)
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back