Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Protecting against sunburn

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
i am a sun bunny. i like palm trees and tropical weather. i use suncream sparingly. i do have a prescription for sunburn, too. 1 cup white vinegar in a warm bath for 15 minutes. pulls out the pain and keeps you from peeling....

Good going, Loopy. A woman after my own heart. Keep up what you are doing.

im in the lines of nick. i had that problem in afghanistan. the sun beats hard in florida. real hard.
Down at Miami Beach trying to get a tan, are we Jason? :lol

We have a huge problem with it down here. Like I said above, 50% of Australians will develop skin cancer.

This is a trucker, after many years of driving, the face to the open window is very sun damaged. The other picture needs no comment. Get a few minutes of sun every day, but, people, don't lay in the sun.

trucker-damage-face_web_620x350.jpg

sundamagedskin.jpg

PS: There are really several separate though maybe related issues here.

One is the tan. It's hard to argue that people be expected to remain as white as a sheet. So some moderate level of tanning is hard to argue against.

Then there is the issue of skin damage, and of course precautions should be taken; whether with creams, limiting sun exposure, etc. Sensible advice can easily be obtained about this aspect.

Re. swimsuit design, although bikini-type outfits were worn by sportswomen in Roman times, the item itself, thus named, was popularized from around 1946 onwards. So for example a woman aged 25 in 1946 would now be aged 91. So really the supposed age of the lady shown here is not an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back