Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Protecting Your Older Children's Virginity (L)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Also just to address the specific issue of date-rape that someone mentioned, I think a girl that has some experience with dating in their teens probably has the tools to protect herself better than someone who is isolated until their twenties. I'm not trying to overstep my bounds here, I realize it is your kid, but just something to think about.

Girls can get raped on dates as teens, too. My guess is an inexperienced teen is more vulnerable than an inexperienced girl in her 20's.

Last edited by a moderator:
in principle the virginity is not of a greatest importance, but (then) there are both sexual people and non-sexual, because the true God has made there be humans of male gender as well as (of) female, for the sex is one of the things of the eternal God's nature, otherwise (if it was not so then) God would have made there be humans of a single monoecious/epicene gender, but He usually makes there be sexual people as well as non-sexual

1 Corinthians 7:1-7 "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that."

there may be even millions of virgin/non-sexual people among the infidel people, it is another point how far the system of spiritual/religious iniquity(sin) turned/turns the benediction/grace of God into a salacity/prurience/lewdness, because here is how there were so many victims thereof: sex maniacs, sexual perversions, homosexuals, gays, transgender people, pedophilia, sex trafficking, etc., and in the Scripture there is not a law against the voluntary sex abstinence, nor against the natural sex consumption especially in case of incontinence, but the children must definitely be kept clear from the sexual foulness, then the very nature normally teaches the parents not to grant their children to the sex - after all they are still children

Blessings

In God's eyes is rape by a man worse than seduction by a woman?

Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

Some even wear earrings, tattoos, and short hair. Others have skirts too short, long lashes, and makeup. Smiling lips, pretty faces, and tight clothing; all these to trap your son, so don't trust any of them. :silly

Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

Some even wear earrings, tattoos, and short hair. Others have skirts too short, long lashes, and makeup. Smiling lips, pretty faces, and tight clothing; all these to trap your son, so don't trust any of them. :silly

Eugene:

Not sure what you're saying (highlighted part...unless this is your brand of humor...

Blessings.

Eugene:

Not sure what you're saying (highlighted part...unless this is your brand of humor...

Blessings.

:lol Of course it is humor, but then you might ask the reason behind it; who are they attempting to impress with their ways? Is some poor unsuspecting guy going to be ruined by their manner of aggression of forcing him to yield?

:lol Of course it is humor, but then you might ask the reason behind it; who are they attempting to impress with their ways? Is some poor unsuspecting guy going to be ruined by their manner of aggression of forcing him to yield?

"Forcing him to yield" LOL
I know it's humour but it's making me angry because it's trivialising rape. If a guy fails to keep his pants on in front of a seductive lady it's his own business and he commited a sin just like the involved woman did. (Same thing goes the other way around, because women can be seduced by men, too.)
It's a very poor excuse to blame one's sexual sins on the other person because s/he used some seductive "force". Or are we like animals that aren't in control of their instincts?

Okay, ty Eugene for the response and explanation.

Regarding earrings, so many women wear them.

Regarding tattoos, 60% 70% of parlor clients in North America are women, which may include grandmothers getting their grandkids' initials, etc.

Regarding hair length, my wife has gotten The Chop.

I guess your point was specific to young women, though.

Blessings.

Eugene:

Blessings.

Hmm....

Appears to me this verse is not speaking of her trapping him by
appealing to his sexual desires....but to his ego.

Hmm....

Regardless of her wily ways we can read Proverbs 7:22-23. "22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; 23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

I personally believe she uses whatever she has to get her way, and he knoweth not that it is for his life. Next thing he knows he is married to an old woman over thirty years of age and hearing nothing but nagging. Oh the humanity of it all. :sad

I know it's humour but it's making me angry because it's trivialising rape. ...

I am a bit reminded of the spoof description of Bill Clinton as 'a victim of bad dating etiquette'... (if you can rememeber 1998...)

(But I don't mean to put words in people's mouths, either.)

Regardless of her wily ways we can read Proverbs 7:22-23. "22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; 23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

I personally believe she uses whatever she has to get her way, and he knoweth not that it is for his life. Next thing he knows he is married to an old woman over thirty years of age and hearing nothing but nagging.Oh the humanity of it all. :sad

Proverbs is a great resource of wisdom.

My wife is over 50 but wonderfully young, though...

I know it's humour but it's making me angry because it's trivialising rape.

I'm sorry, but it's not meant to trivialize rape or any other sin; sin is sin and more than one women is culpable in the offense.

I'm sorry, but it's not meant to trivialize rape or any other sin; sin is sin and more than one women is culpable in the offense.

Not sure what was meant by 'forcing him to yield', though. :chin

PS: I looked at the verse again and it says 'caused him to yield'. I see that it must mean that she was pursuing him.

Hmm....

Deborah13:

Maybe both were involved?

It does show an abject lack of responsibility by the man if he yields, though.

Yep, both involved.

Deborah13:

Well, I reckon they would have been. Anyway, it involves such a failure of male responsibility that he can never justifiably say: 'she made me do it'.
And while undoubtedly some young women definitely initiate the pursuit, and can be immodest, I just don't see the apparent argument, earlier, above, that because a woman wears earrings or has had a recent haircut, or even a tattoo, she inherently belongs in the immoral category or whatever.

How I see it, anyway.

Blessings.

If my son had ever given me an excuse like that he would have been ashamed by just the look of disappointment he would have gotten from me.

If my son had ever given me an excuse like that he would have been ashamed by just the look of disappointment he would have gotten from me.

Well, exactly.

Kind of, like:

"But she wore earrings and had a tattoo."

"So do most of the women at our church and so does the youth pastor's wife!"

I think in general terms it's indicative of real male problems if, just because a woman makes an effort with her appearance to look nice ...
Some even wear earrings, tattoos, and short hair.
... this somehow makes men less responsible if they behave dishonorably.

So I agree with a lot of what has been written on this thread, but certainly not all.

Blessings.

PS:

...but to his ego.

Deborah:

I was thinking, too: the ego is responsible for every kind of ill, so often. Jeremiah says: 'The heart is deceitful above all things, and desparately wicked' (Jeremiah 17.9).

There was a preacher who spoke on this text for several consecutive weeks.

So I agree with you there, yes.

Blessings.

Back