Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question about denominations

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm at the stage in my life where I want to explore different denominations to find which one is best for me so I have four questions.

What do Presbyterians believe?
Will being Presbyterian send me to Hell?

What do Quakers believe?
Will being a Quaker send me to Hell?

I'm at the stage in my life where I want to explore different denominations to find which one is best for me so I have four questions.

What do Quakers believe?

What makes you think that a believer in Jesus Christ will go to Hell?

John 6:38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

As for denomenations: why be identified by them?

We are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ and others will know that we are His disciples when we have love for one another.

Not all churches are abiding in Him as some have departed from continuing in His words: and so the call to every believer that has His seal is to depart from inqiuity by looking to the author and finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us so we can run the race to be that vessel unto honour in God's House by His grace and by His help.

2 Timothy 2: 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ...9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Trust Jesus to be your Good Sheoherd as well as your Saviour for He is with you always.

1 Corinthians 6:19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Colossians 1:20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

1 John 3:3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jude 1:24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Ericthebaptist

What ever denomination you're a part of, if that's all you are, you need to turn to Jesus Christ. There is no denomination that isn't just that, a denomination. What's wrong with being a Baptist, or a Presbyterian or anything else? Nothing unless that is what defines who you are. No matter what denomination you attend, just remember, a denomination is all it is. I attend a Church not generally considered a good Church to attend by Protestants. But I don't identify myself with that Church. The members of that Church don't know about me what many on this forum knows.

If you want to explore denominations, I encourage you to take a two-fold approach. But even before that, I encourage you to get a background in the history of Christianity. That's paramount or you won't understand what it is you're exploring. Then when you explore the denominations, take there own history in their own words into consideration as you attend the denomination. That way you'll understand both their doctrines and their practices in its true context of their own history. Which is in context of the history of Christianity.

And never forget to let Jesus teach you as to the differences between what he teaches and what the denomination teaches. Keep an open mind to what the Bible is saying through the teaching of Jesus. Don't be taken by the interpretations of men. Jesus fought against the interpretations of men in his day. He called them the Traditions of men.

FC

Hi Ericthe Baptist

So as not to offend others I'll be glad to discuss your questions via private message if you so desire.

What do Quakers believe?

I don't know what these people believe, exactly, but you won't go to hell for being one or the other.

And never forget to let Jesus teach you as to the differences between what he teaches and what the denomination teaches. Keep an open mind to what the Bible is saying through the teaching of Jesus. Don't be taken by the interpretations of men. Jesus fought against the interpretations of men in his day. He called them the Traditions of men.
The problem here is that instead of "[being] taken by the interpretations men," one can be taken by their own interpretation.

Free

I know you think that it's impossible to understand the Bible except through the practice of interpretation. Who is your authoritative interpreter? You or another?

FC

Free

I know you think that it's impossible to understand the Bible except through the practice of interpretation. Who is your authoritative interpreter? You or another?

FC
It isn't that it is impossible to understand the Bible except through the practice of interpretation, it's that it is impossible to not interpret the Bible through the very act of reading it. This is, of course, to be distinguished from formal, scholarly biblical interpretation. I don't know who is the authoritative interpreter. That is not nearly as easy to answer as you perhaps think it is.

There have been many on these boards who have said to just let Jesus teach you, or all you need is to let the Holy Spirit guide you, or something of the sort, yet all their interpretations differ wildly from one another and often from orthodox Christian belief. And at times it is dangerously different.

So who is right? Who is actually being led by the Holy Spirit and who only thinks they are? How does one even tell? How is this any different from denominations? I would argue that it is, in fact, worse and is one of the leading causes of denominations and divisions in the Church. Joseph Smith and Charles Russel sure thought they were being taught different by Jesus.

Ericthebaptist

What ever denomination you're a part of, if that's all you are, you need to turn to Jesus Christ. There is no denomination that isn't just that, a denomination. What's wrong with being a Baptist, or a Presbyterian or anything else? Nothing unless that is what defines who you are. No matter what denomination you attend, just remember, a denomination is all it is. I attend a Church not generally considered a good Church to attend by Protestants. But I don't identify myself with that Church. The members of that Church don't know about me what many on this forum knows.

If you want to explore denominations, I encourage you to take a two-fold approach. But even before that, I encourage you to get a background in the history of Christianity. That's paramount or you won't understand what it is you're exploring. Then when you explore the denominations, take there own history in their own words into consideration as you attend the denomination. That way you'll understand both their doctrines and their practices in its true context of their own history. Which is in context of the history of Christianity.

FC
Quite honestly I was VERY surprised to see an Atheist post encouragement to Christianity I expected a lot of trolling or flaming.

When I asked for my pastors opinion he recommended that I try and learn more about my own denomination first before going out and seeing others.

Quite honestly I was VERY surprised to see an Atheist post encouragement to Christianity I expected a lot of trolling or flaming.

When I asked for my pastors opinion he recommended that I try and learn more about my own denomination first before going out and seeing others.

I think your pastor has good advice. What ever aspects you want to explore in the new Denominations should be explored in your current.

Do you want others to define you for which church you choose to attend, or would you rather have others define you by seeing the light of Christ shine through you. Church does not define any of us as being a blood bought Spiritually born-again child of God as our relationship with Christ is one of a personal nature as we hear His calling us to reconciliation through repentance as His grace pardons us from past sin and His mercy loves us unconditionally.

Before you join any Church pray and ask the Holy Spirit if this is where you need to be and Gods Spirit will confirm it in your heart. Check out the founding history of the denomination or even non-denominational church, statement of faith and what their beliefs are for Gods Salvation. Make sure everything lines up with the word of God so you are being taught all truths by the Holy Spirit as you test the spirits that are speaking.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Free

“It isn't that it is impossible to understand the Bible except through the practice of interpretation, it's that it is impossible to not interpret the Bible through the very act of reading it.â€

I not only fail to see the distinction, but I disagree.

“This is, of course, to be distinguished from formal, scholarly biblical interpretation.â€

Interpretation is interpretation. Still comes from the mind of men, no matter how educated one is.

I believe Christianity is a man-made religion. As such it’s equal to a chosen field in the secular realm. In point of fact, leadership in most denominations is considered precisely that, a chosen field of interest. They’re educated in the same way, using the same principles, as if they we training to be a biologist or a teacher in the public school system. Indeed, why should I NOT consider Christianity a man-made religion? Because they have taken the title “Christian†as their own? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, about the size of a duck...probably a duck. Doesn’t matter if people call it a chicken.

“I don't know who is the authoritative interpreter. That is not nearly as easy to answer as you perhaps think it is.â€

If there is such a thing as a human authoritative interpreter, the RCC has the best case for who it is. Personally, I don’t think there is one. I place my hope and trust in Jesus Christ as my only teacher, as the only authoritative interpreter of the Bible. That’s contrary to those who consider themselves to be the authoritative interpreter.

“There have been many on these boards who have said to just let Jesus teach you, or all you need is to let the Holy Spirit guide you, or something of the sort, yet all their interpretations differ wildly from one another and often from orthodox Christian belief. And at times it is dangerously different.â€

As Catholics continually point out. In favor of “The Churchâ€, meaning the Roman Catholic Church, as the only possible interpreter of the true Faith.

I’m one of those you mention. And the fact that my beliefs differ from just about everybody proves the point of the Catholics....to the Catholics, and apparently to you. Why aren’t you a Catholic? Is it because you can’t let go of a beloved Protestant denomination? Or is it because inside, just a little bit, you agree that Jesus is the only teacher, and you think that by being a little more honest, your private interpretations will end up being true?

But consider that what you think is true of those you mentioned is also true of Protestantism. If you haven’t already read it, check out the rant of Francis against me on the “Why Ecumenical Creeds....†thread. It’s #66, if it’s still there. He argues against this exact same thing.

More to follow

FC

Free

“So who is right? Who is actually being led by the Holy Spirit and who only thinks they are? How does one even tell? How is this any different from denominations? I would argue that it is, in fact, worse and is one of the leading causes of denominations and divisions in the Church. Joseph Smith and Charles Russel sure thought they were being taught different by Jesus.â€

What is the source of denominationalism? There are many answers to that question. But all one really has to consider is why the denominations exist. What is the point of division. It’s differences in doctrines. Why are their differences in doctrine? That’s the basic question you have to ask.

I believe it’s due to the practice of Biblical interpretation, and interpretations that go further beyond what’s in the Bible based on other interpretations of the Bible.

An example is the Roman Catholic doctrine of the Communion of the Saints. Communion of the saints is in the Bible, in this life (Ephesians 4:11-16). But is the communion of the saints that extends to all who have gone before in the Bible? It’s a logical extrapolation from the idea that the universal Church, being the same as the one body of Christ, includes all who have gone before. And in that extrapolation, Catholic interpreters, Catholic apologists, see their version of communion of the Saints in seed form all over the Bible. So they pray to the saints in the sense of communication through the Spirit. And they have statues and pictures of the Saints to help them to focus on the Saint in question. And the chief of all Saints is Mary, the one who bore Jesus Christ, and thus the closest to him. And since they believe in the Trinity, that Jesus is God, Mary is the Mother of God. Or as the Orthodox put it, the God-bearer or Theotokos. Those who pray to statues go against the doctrine of their own Church. Their own language confuses the issue. They don’t pray to the saints as one prays to God. And they don’t consider the saints minor God’s. They only consider them more conformed to the image of Christ then we are. And because they are now with Christ in heaven, they are worthy of asking them to intercede for us as we would ask one on earth to intercede on our behalf. The prayers of a righteous man avails much. And who is more righteous than one who went to heaven instead of purgatory? The only question I have is, if they can hear us in heaven through the Spirit, why can’t we hear them through the same connection? That question stems from my personal belief that we can hear Spiritually Jesus Christ teaching through the Spirit. We can hear what the Spirit is saying to the ekklesia. It’s neither symbolic nor natural.

The Catholic doctrine of the communion of the Saints is quite reasonable if you want to believe in a doctrine that isn’t explicitly taught in the Bible. But then, the Trinity isn’t explicitly taught in the Bible either, being an extrapolation of certain things said in the Bible. It’s quite reasonable from the point of view that the Bible teaches that there is such a thing as a universal Church. And that’s why I don’t believe it. I don’t believe in their core premise, that there is a universal Church that is the same as the Body of Christ. I believe there is a difference between the ekklesia described in the Bible and the Church as it exists in Christianity. And that the translation of the Greek word ekklesia with the English word Church is an interpretive translation because the two words have two entirely different meanings and sources. But for one who agrees with the idea of a universal Church, as most Protestants do, there is no reason to not also believe the extrapolation of the RCC based on that core belief. So I have to question why it is that Protestants don’t ask the Saints to intercede for them.

The differences in doctrines are due primarily to the practice of interpretation in Christianity. But there is one other obvious reason why we don’t all believe the same. The growth factor. We are all growing in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ, and the reality that is connected to them. Christianity is a man-made religion because it emphasizes authoritatively its own doctrines derived from the practice of interpretation. That is predicated on how I understand the nature of interpretation,

“the action of explaining the meaning of something... an explanation or way of explaining†(Oxford Dictionary)

What is assumed in this definition is the source of interpretation or the human mind. There is the argument that the Spirit is involved in the practice of interpretation and thus reveals the true nature of truth. But if interpretation is out of the human mind, then if interpretation is involved in what is given through the Spirit, it can only be an interpretation of what’s given and thus not what is given itself. One who interprets what is given by the Spirit can only be one who thinks they are being led by the Holy Spirit, when in actuality they are being led solely by their own minds.

And this pertains to what I call relativism. William Lane Craig would say I’m misusing the term. And I am. Because when I use the term, I’m not referring to, “the doctrine that knowledge, truth, and morality exist in relation to culture, society, or historical context, and are not absolute.†(Oxford Dictionary) I’m referring to an attitude toward the doctrinal beliefs of others. I believe in objective truth. But I don’t believe that any one person can know objective truth. I believe that the absolute truth we are meant to know is contained in the Bible. As, AS, taught by Jesus Christ through the Spirit.

People don’t understand the Bible alike. One reason is because of the practice of interpretation. Another is because they are all at different stages of growth. It’s when we consider our own ideas to be superior to others, as is the case in the Christian denominations, that division occurs. So I’m a relativist in relation to the doctrines of others. And I’m tolerant of those who hold them. We agree on many things. We also disagree on many things. I do not wish to express arrogance by saying to you, “You don’t agree with me on every thing I consider essential and thus I can’t share with you in a common gathering of the ekklesiaâ€. Rather, I wish to exercise humility and be tolerant of our differences in doctrine. It’s not that I suddenly consider my own understanding or your understanding as mere opinion. I consider what we both understand to be true...to be true today. It may change tomorrow as we grow in knowledge, in what Jesus is teaching us. And that should be true of anyone who is being transformed by the renewing of their mind through the Spirit. The only way that our minds can be renewed is to be open minded. Not toward everything. But toward what Jesus is teaching us through the Spirit of God. In that way we will both grow in grace and be conformed to the image of Christ. Which can only bring us closer together, doctrinally and otherwise.

More to follow

FC

Free

I sure hope some of this is of interest to you. I don’t enjoy wasting my time writing all of this to someone who really isn’t interested. But it’s all a part of my response that just can’t be said in short pithy sayings.

All denominations practice closed communion is some form or another. Don’t let those who say they practice open communion fool you. It’s just another form of closed communion. Those who say they practice open communion generally defend abortion and open homosexuality. Go against those two things in a open communion Church and see how open they really are. Personal experience talking here.

Why do you suppose I oppose the practice of doctrinal closed communion? It seems so reasonable in regard to standing fast for the truth. I oppose the practice because it’s a practice of division that perpetuates division. And I oppose the practice because of how I view the experience of communion (Lord’s Table) itself. It’s an experience of unity, and so long as the brethren are divided then one shouldn’t have such an experience. That is if it’s doctrinal unity that’s important. But we are to keep the unity of the Spirit and grow in our knowledge of doctrine (Eph 4). What does Paul say,

1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
(KJV)

That word “communion†in the Greek is koinonia or sharing. We are sharing the body and blood of Christ. It is related to being in Christ and to the Spirit.

In John 6 (KJV), Jesus talks about the Lord’s Table. Something not agreed upon by Protestants influenced by Calvinism.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Catholics understand this as did the Jews, partially at least. Jesus is responding to this,

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

They understood Jesus referring to his literal flesh and blood. And the Catholics agree with the Jews. And they say that Jesus didn’t understand it any other way. Even though Jesus said,

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth (note: makes alive); the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus was making it perfectly clear that he was referring to something Spiritual, not literal or physical. But the Jews didn’t understand and some left. Even the Apostles didn’t understand,

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

What was Peter proclaiming on the behalf of all? That he understood what Jesus was saying and would follow him to the bitter end? Not at all. His response was trust in the person of Christ. Didn’t matter if they understood what Jesus said or not. Like an untutored new believer, they believed God, note the similarity to Matt 16:15-17, and trusted in Jesus. What an example of both faith and hope.

The Lord’s Table is a Spiritual experience of an eternal Spiritual event. Christ died once for all.

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

That can only be a reference to an eternal event. All believers share in this from the first century until Christ returns. That’s what we share. It’s not a sharing of doctrinal oneness. It’s not just symbolic as the Calvinists have persuaded so many to believe. It’s not a sharing of anything physical as the Catholics believe. The only thing that’s physical is the bread and the wine that is the focal point for sharing the eternal event of the Body and the Blood of Christ. When we are sharing the Lord’s Table we are sharing in the Divine nature.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(KJV)

The word “partakers†translates the same Greek word koinonia.

The denominations can’t even agree on the nature of the Lord’s Table. And I certainly don’t agree with any of their understandings. Is my view true? To me it is. Is it the result of interpretation? To me it is not. But who agrees with me? No one so far as I know. But because I believe as I do, I act according to that belief. Sharing in the Lord’s Table has nothing to do with denominationalism or the authoritatively interpretive doctrines the denominations hold. Thus I share in the Lord’s Table in a Christian Church, a Church I know to be a Church that’s affiliated with a particular denomination. They, of course, don’t consider their denomination a denomination. Like most denominations, they consider their denomination to be the true Church. It is the essence and distinctinction of their denomination. And if they knew my personal beliefs, my understanding of doctrine, they would exercise closed communion against me. What they don’t know won’t hurt them. They’re centered in their own doctrines, as all denominations are. I’m centered in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

FC

Hi FormerChristian

I did not read all of your last post as I have a tendency to shy away from such. My brethren Do practice open communion. The table is the Lord's not ours and we have no right to invite or debar. We do believe the supper is only for Christians but we are not judges. I believe the Lord has settled that matter of who shall partake in I Cor. 11:28: "But let a man examine himself". I have enough to worry about myself.

I disagree with your pastor, Eric. Especially when you started the OP like this:

What do Quakers believe?

I would strongly suggest you go to the scripture as kept by those that loved Him and His words in the King James Bible to learn of Jesus Christ.

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 6:38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 8:30As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Matthew 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

John 14:13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 14: 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

We are invited to learn of Him through His words in having this reconciled relationship with God the Father through the Son. No invitatiion has been given to come to a church for life or to learn of Him, but to come to Him and learn of Him through His words as kept in the King James Bible by those that loved Him & His words.

Matthew 11:25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

What do Quakers believe?

I think you’ll find not everyone in a church believes the exact same things.

What I like about my church is the support they give me.

What do Quakers believe?

Hi EricTheBaptist,

Good question. I have been a member of both Lutheran and Reformed churches and an adherent to so many Protestant denominations that the journey lasted 32 years. From 1982 to 2008 I was Reformed. Finally my Reformed protestant vessel sank in 2008 and disappeared into the depths - I found myself in deep but calm water.
Three years later, with considerably narrowed options, the Lord is drawing me into the Orthodox fold.

With going to hell, does that mean all non-Presbyterian and non-Quaker denominations are going to hell?

becoming Orthodox
stranger

What do Quakers believe?

It is my opinion that there is no contemporary denomination that does not teach a corrupt message of salvation. The general teaching of every denomination, to my knowledge, is the assumption of Jesus' crucifixion being a direct benefit. This is a false conjecture. For it contridicts the fact that unilaterally the worlds populace remains guilty of at least a sin after Jesus' crucifixion, ref. Jn. 16:8. If it is otherwise, as denominations claim, then Jesus' statement is false.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back