Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Question

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Corn Pop

Why did one get a penalty for questioning Gabriel and the other not?

And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words,

Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”

Free pass.

And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words,

Free pass.
Zacharias was a Priest and yet he would question a messenger of God ? And it was good news that the angel brought to Zacharias and yet he doubted .
After John was born and Zacharias could speak again it would be sign to the others .

Mary was a young lady and It was a legitimate question .

Beats me.
I'll speculate that some were legitimate inquiries seeking knowledge and others were rooted in a lack of faith.
Maybe God just wanted to magnify His glory like the guy that Jesus made see and people wondered why he was born blind.
Who knows?

Free pass.
I like hawkman ’s answer

Beats me.
I'll speculate that some were legitimate inquiries seeking knowledge and others were rooted in a lack of faith.
Maybe God just wanted to magnify His glory like the guy that Jesus made see and people wondered why he was born blind.
Who knows?
I hear Mary was reformed and Zacharias was a free will type .lol

Free pass.

One expressed disbelief, the other was simply asking for information of how such a thing could come about.

The principle involved is that a man of faith cannot express things verbally that contradict the prophecies of God over his life, or he can circumvent them by departing from faith into unbelief. It's the same principle as why Jesus could not do many miracles in his hometown. They were short-circuiting the process because of their faithlessness, and in the case of Zacharias the angel simply said, "That's it. I'm shutting your zip until it comes to pass. Then you will know to glorify God and believe in what He prophesies over you."

One expressed disbelief, the other was simply asking for information of how such a thing could come about.

The principle involved is that a man of faith cannot express things verbally that contradict the prophecies of God over his life, or he can circumvent them by departing from faith into unbelief. It's the same principle as why Jesus could not do many miracles in his hometown. They were short-circuiting the process because of their faithlessness, and in the case of Zacharias the angel simply said, "That's it. I'm shutting your zip until it comes to pass. Then you will know to glorify God and believe in what He prophesies over you."

It's also why when he was finally allowed to open his mouth, he spoke by the utterance of the Spirit of God Himself.

It's called lesson learned.

Free pass.
I agree with Fastfredy0 and Hidden In Him. Zachariah asked for a sign to know and he got what he wanted.
Marys' question could easily be one looking for further direction without doubting one word of what she was told....like....."Should I move up the wedding?" When Gabriel told her what would happen, she appears to have simply accepted it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back