Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Questionare of those who have been hurt in church.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

shfam

I hope this is ok to post here. I wasn't sure which forum to post in so I picked a general one.

None of this is based upon any content of this forum. Just an fyi. I haven't been here in a long time and
would just like input from fellow christians.

I have a strong desire to write a book encouraging the unity of the church. I find there is so much division in so many different ways and have found in the past many Christians back biting and discouraging other Christians which I feel is so detrimental to the body of Christ. So many Christians have been hurt by their own and all I can see is how can a hurting world see Christ's love through us when Christians beat each other down? Pastors do it to their own and to other Pastors as well. Many Christians have walked into churches and have been hurt and will never step foot into another church. And then there is the issue of putting other churches down for their own individual beliefs. I feel God wants to come back for a church that is united.

so on to my Questionare:

Have you ever been hurt by a church and refused to step foot into another church?

Are you willing to tell your story? With anonymity of course.

Have you ever been hurt by a Pastor? Were you able to resolve the conflict or did you leave without a resolution?

How often do you witness other Christians back biting other Christians? Can you give an example of a situation in general terms? What do you do to discourage this behavior?

How often do you argue over theology with a fellow believer? Is it just a friendly conversation? Do you agree to disagree peacefully? or does anger and pride rise up in you? Do you continue to fellowship with that brother/sister in Christ?

Thank you all for your thoughts ahead of time. I will probably have more questions later on but I would so appreciate your input.

I'll answer some of the questions shortly, Yhwh willing.
In the meantime, you may be pleased and benefited to read the link to watchman nee (telus something)
who give clear and specific and general instructions revealed in Scripture and by God
on how believers in various denominations can fellowship in Christ Jesus in the same town.
no one else has ever shown this so clearly and Scripturally, as far as I have seen in decades and thousands of readings and searches and so on.

realize there is no hope for the denominations to be united. only for the ekklesia that may be in them.
(the governments are gathering together against the Lord's anointed, against His people, and will be given the power
to kill them until Yeshua returns).

quoted questions brought out of parameters of quote for easier reading and connection.
..... So many Christians have been hurt by their own and all I can see is how can a hurting world see Christ's love through us when Christians beat each other down? ..... I feel God wants to come back for a church that is united.
+++ they can't. ... ... ... ... God is coming back for a perfect without blemish bride. He is doing it, and accomplishing this, without help from any denomination or group of men. +++

so on to my Questionare:

Have you ever been hurt by a church and refused to step foot into another church?
++++yes. hurt by many churches. (almost everyone has been, mostly by deception). yes, for a time refused to go to any church. as God permits, or as God directs, I may go or not go.++++

++++ no anonymity. look in Scripture, new testament , and see that none of them were anonymous as if to protect their egos or their lives -- they freely testified especially with true believers of their faith and life and trust in Yhwh AND OF THEIR UNION with one another in ABBA with CHRIST JESUS. (re look up "union" all through Scripture - much more intimate , thorough and powerful in Christ Jesus than 'membership') ++++
(edited --- anonymity may be required in red china, russia, iran, and some countries; because any word of testimony of Jesus results in quick torture and death for believers)

Have you ever been hurt by a Pastor? Were you able to resolve the conflict or did you leave without a resolution?
++++ yes, greatly, ironically(as 'pastors' you would think are to be like 'shepherds'! , and without repentance by the ones involved against me. no, the conflict cannot be resolved unless both sides of the conflict are willing. by sheer grace in Christ Jesus I am both willing, and have been obedient to forgive grievous sin against me; but pastors have almost never acknowledged their sinful and pernicious behavior against their flocks and their lies to the public in general. +++

++++ that's all for now for me ++++ (I don't see a point to answering the following questions, for now anyway) +++
+++ (i.e. maybe later, Yhwh willing.... feel free to ask later , Yhwh be Pleased) +++

How often do you witness other Christians back biting other Christians? Can you give an example of a situation in general terms? What do you do to discourage this behavior?

How often do you argue over theology with a fellow believer? Is it just a friendly conversation? Do you agree to disagree peacefully? or does anger and pride rise up in you? Do you continue to fellowship with that brother/sister in Christ?

I've been hurt by a church, but it was more pride than anything I realized so it did not make me refuse to step into another church.

Sure, why not?

No. Instructed wrong, yes. I was able to resolve my walk without further input from him.

It happens every day on this forum, lol. An example would be when two Christians disagree on scripture or doctrine and one or the other would get mad and hold it against the other in judgment, wrongfully I might add. If we are to walk with Christ, and have the mind of Christ, then we would never do this. Jesus never did, so we can not. If we have Christ in us, and we in Christ, we will love our brethren as ourselves, as Christ loved the Church. We need unity and to walk in love. This means, if we love God, we will also love our fellow man without condition. I try to discourage this behavior by making myself better and choosing my words more wisely so as not to offend my brothers and sisters. And to draw closer to my Lord every day.

Less and less now. This is not what it's about, being right. It's about having an intimate relationship with our Lord Jesus. So one believes differently than I? So what? They have a different walk than I and are in a different place. So it is just friendly conversation. Anger and pride used to rise up in me, but less now since I have began worrying more about my walk than trying to be a teacher to someone I have no business teaching. That is the Holy Spirits job and that is in scripture. I will continue to fellowship with the other.

...you may be pleased and benefited to read the link to watchman nee (telus something) who give clear and specific and general instructions revealed in Scripture and by God on how believers in various denominations can fellowship in Christ Jesus in the same town...
Actually what Watchman Nee says is that one city was only allowed to have one church so his idea of how all believers should fellowship together in the same town was that everyone must toe the line with whatever that one and only church that happened to have power in that city believed. He gives no consideration at all to allowing believers from various denominations to fellowship together. He is actually against that and feels every Christian must view Christianity the same way he does or they are not truly part of the church. He gives little to no valid argument for this from scripture, but claims it came to him directly from God as special revelations to him. That kind of thing always makes me leery.

Last edited:
read further when you are able, Yhwh willing. I read as much of his books as I could find in print and online, and he shows how believers in one town or city can have fellowship with believers in other churches,
and he is just about the only one very accurately showing this from Scripture, righteously, and obediently.(he lived as he said, as God's Word says to live)

on the other point - remember paul and the other apostles in the N.T., and the prophets in the O.T. , all showed how God's people must live according to God's Word, upon the one foundation , not upon another.
and to not try to have fellowship, not to even greet or even have a meal with someone who brings another gospel not the one once delivered. God's reasons are always God's reasons, and always good - and some are written, enough to find when sought.
so while it does not eliminate people(from different churches) automatically from being in Christ, there are many who when questioned admit that they are not in Christ or not ready to be in Christ for one reason or another, whether their 'faith' or other conditions / things / family / job they don't want to give up. if they are not in Christ, and do not repent(TURN TO GOD IN CHRIST), then they remain lost and unforgiven.

Yes, I have been hurt. As for the second part of your question, I believe you should never say "never", but I've probably been to church about 10 times in the past 16 years. Is that close enough to count as "never"?

I was going to write a summary here, but even though it's been 16 years and I've forgiven everybody involved, I find that it's still hard to talk about, so I think I'll pass. Besides, I have bad experiences concerning giving personal information online.

He was part of the problem, but there was more to it than just him.

Too often, but not as often as it was 16 years ago when some stuff happened in the church I was in.

Just look over my posts here. This is about it. Most of my friends aren't that interested in discussing theology.

The TOG​

Actually what Watchman Nee says is that one city was only allowed to have one church so his idea of how all believers should fellowship together in the same town was that everyone must toe the line with whatever that one and only church that happened to have power in that city believed. He gives no consideration at all to allowing believers from various denominations to fellowship together. He is actually against that and feels every Christian must view Christianity the same way he does or they are not truly part of the church. He gives little to no valid argument for this from scripture, but claims it came to him directly from God as special revelations to him. That kind of thing always makes me leery.

This is a direct quote from Watchman Nee as I find this very disturbing as Jesus Himself said seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened, Matthew 7:7,8.

"You don't have to hear and believe - just breathe in Christ by calling on his name "O Lord Jesus". Seeking is not necessary or essential. It is not considered part of the conversion experience, contrary to Jesus' teachings - "seek and you will find". Watchman Nee

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back