Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Questions....Christians Should Know and Understand

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jay T

Questions, Christian need to know & Answer !

How many people who claim to be Christians realize, the vast importance of the in-depth meaning of words ?

For example: When a person hears the word: Sin
What is the first thing that pops into the mind ?

How many people realize that without a 'correct' Biblical definition of the word: Sin.....there cannot...be any salvation !

Salvation is suppose to be, 'from' sin, right ?
Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people 'FROM'....their sins".

Do you know what 1 John 3:4 says ?
(Yes or No )

Do you know what Romans 7:7 says ?
(Yes or No )

These 2 Bible text should be memorized.....Absolutely, and totally.....IF, one wishes to be in heaven !

Salvation is impossible.....without the knowledge of the Biblical meaning of sin.

God says that NO ONE...who practices sin....will enter heaven.
Revelation 21:27 "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie....".

OK, Let's jump to another word, that without a 'correct' Biblical knowledge of its true meaning....a Christian, is in GREAT DANGER !!!

And, that word is ....RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Again, ( IS this Bible verse memorized ?)....how many know that Psalms 119:172 defines, what RIGHTEOUSNESS is ?
(Yes or No )

How can any Christian, have the Righteousness of Christ, in their lives.....IF....they don't know what it is ?
Another word that few really understand......and that word is....GRACE !

How many understand that the words, 'Grace and Obedience', are tied together, in the Bible ?
(Yes or No )

Most in the Christian world agree that grace, is a free gift from God.....and that is correct.
BUT....there is another BIBLE meaning for the word: Grace, that many, if not most, are ignoring....to their own peril !

Ever really studied.....Romans 1:5........and, Titus 2:11-12 ?

BOTTOM LINE: "My people are destroyed....for lack of knowledge..."(Hosea 4:6)

Another nice one Jay T.

Boy, you don't expect many replies to this though, do ya?

All I have experienced in this forum are a majority that believe in single lines of scripture that totally disregard all others. Stuff like the simple confession of Christ as their Savior being 'all' it takes to 'be' a Christian. And others that claim OSAS, and claim that it takes nothing of one's self in order to appease God, but leave it 'all' up to Him.

I agree with EVERYTHING that you have offered. You won't find many others that do though. Most will even take offense to what you've offered. We were told that we were to 'follow' Christ. Not that any of us is capable of being 'sinless', but we are certainly commanded to do the best that we can to avoid it. We are certainly not to 'practice' sin. Christians do make mistakes, but this is certainly not an 'excuse' to sin as many in the churches teach.

Amen Brother. Solid words based upon The Word. Not much of that offered now days. Doesn't please the masses. Can't get paid for hurting people's feelings, (unless, of course, your a stand-up comedian). But it's certainly what we all need 'more' of.

Imagican said:
Another nice one Jay T.

Boy, you don't expect many replies to this though, do ya?
No, but that is not why I do what I do.
My mission as an SDA is to bring the issues to mind, so people have a chance to make an intelligent decision later on.[quote:ad243]

All I have experienced in this forum are a majority that believe in single lines of scripture that totally disregard all others. Stuff like the simple confession of Christ as their Savior being 'all' it takes to 'be' a Christian. And others that claim OSAS, and claim that it takes nothing of one's self in order to appease God, but leave it 'all' up to Him.

I agree with EVERYTHING that you have offered. You won't find many others that do though. Most will even take offense to what you've offered. We were told that we were to 'follow' Christ. Not that any of us is capable of being 'sinless', but we are certainly commanded to do the best that we can to avoid it. We are certainly not to 'practice' sin. Christians do make mistakes, but this is certainly not an 'excuse' to sin as many in the churches teach.

Amen Brother. Solid words based upon The Word. Not much of that offered now days. Doesn't please the masses. Can't get paid for hurting people's feelings, (unless, of course, your a stand-up comedian). But it's certainly what we all need 'more' of.
[/quote:ad243]

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back