Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Raising kids without God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kathi

:sad Boy is this ever sad.This is why it is evident that Satan is hard at work and working overtime.
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/raising-kids-without-god-but-maybe-not-without-107437204032.html
“My wife and I don’t really believe in anything. Can we still bring our kids to your church?”

This is more or less what I asked Rev. Hank Peirce, the interim pastor at the Unitarian Universalist church about a mile from my house. I’d never spoken to him before, but when I looked him up on Twitter before our call, I saw a re-tweet that he’d posted on Christmas Day: “That awkward moment when you celebrate the birth of a Jew by eating a ham.” He sounded like my kind of guy.
It turns out, my question isn’t all that uncommon. Peirce told me that lots of people think they don’t have any use for church, up until the day their kids come home from school spouting the (sometimes noxious) beliefs of their playmates’ parents. “Religious education is like sex education,” he said. “If you don’t tell your kids about it, they’re going to hear something on the schoolyard, and it’s going to upset you.”

Actually, I hadn’t even thought about that yet. My kids are under 4 years old, and they’re completely ignorant about religion. My wife and I both grew up with a fairly evangelical, literalist brand of Christianity, and while we don’t quite consider ourselves atheists, we certainly don’t believe the things we believed when we were kids. I have decided, for example, that the earth is probably quite a bit more than 6,000 years old, that my pastor was probably wrong about Armageddon being imminent, and that, when we die, we most likely go back to where we were before we were born – a state of nothingness.

My view is pretty literalist also.The basis for my belief being if you break down all of the scripture and the perversion of that you will see that there is a pretty basic foundation.

This is just the way modern, post-industrial societies are going. Look at the UK, Europe. They have old churches now used as museums. Post-Christian to the max.

My point is that there is a ultimate power (I like to call that power God)......I'll get back with you later .....yes?

Hey!!!! My ma did it! She did not partake in stuff that she thoght was detrimental to myelf..she taught me by EXAMPLE.

:sad Boy is this ever sad.This is why it is evident that Satan is hard at work and working overtime.
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/raising-kids-without-god-but-maybe-not-without-107437204032.html
“My wife and I don’t really believe in anything. Can we still bring our kids to your church?”

This is more or less what I asked Rev. Hank Peirce, the interim pastor at the Unitarian Universalist church about a mile from my house. I’d never spoken to him before, but when I looked him up on Twitter before our call, I saw a re-tweet that he’d posted on Christmas Day: “That awkward moment when you celebrate the birth of a Jew by eating a ham.” He sounded like my kind of guy.
It turns out, my question isn’t all that uncommon. Peirce told me that lots of people think they don’t have any use for church, up until the day their kids come home from school spouting the (sometimes noxious) beliefs of their playmates’ parents. “Religious education is like sex education,” he said. “If you don’t tell your kids about it, they’re going to hear something on the schoolyard, and it’s going to upset you.”

Actually, I hadn’t even thought about that yet. My kids are under 4 years old, and they’re completely ignorant about religion. My wife and I both grew up with a fairly evangelical, literalist brand of Christianity, and while we don’t quite consider ourselves atheists, we certainly don’t believe the things we believed when we were kids. I have decided, for example, that the earth is probably quite a bit more than 6,000 years old, that my pastor was probably wrong about Armageddon being imminent, and that, when we die, we most likely go back to where we were before we were born – a state of nothingness.
The devil, I'm so sick of that guy!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back