Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rapture Pet Care

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You're right, age doesn't necessarily factor into gullibility.

Depending on the person, and what they are suffering from, age can and does factor in many cases. you have some old people who are still sharp as a tack, then you have those who are lonely and will do anything to talk to somebody because we are designed by God, to have human interaction. Also in some, age plays a big role in mental decline.

Lewis W said:
You're right, age doesn't necessarily factor into gullibility.

Depending on the person, and what they are suffering from, age can and does factor in many cases. you have some old people who are still sharp as a tack, then you have those who are lonely and will do anything to talk to somebody because we are designed by God, to have human interaction. Also in some, age plays a big role in mental decline.

Unfortunately.

I worked for Medicare for a while and I had to talk many an elderly person down from allowing a Private Insurance salesman into their home...especially when they demanded their Social Security number up front. However, I have also seen several "lonely" people of various ages so that's why I said it doesn't necessarily factor in.

What I don't get is how someone selling "rapture pet care" can convince any Christian that their service is for real. If the seller truly believed in a rapture, wouldn't they also be taken up? This is silly.

JoJo said:
What I don't get is how someone selling "rapture pet care" can convince any Christian that their service is for real. If the seller truly believed in a rapture, wouldn't they also be taken up? This is silly.

Not necessarily. Believing that a Rapture might one day be possible doesn't always mean that they also believe in God or except Jesus Christ as their personal lord and savior. It states on the Website that they are open-minded, animal loving Atheists. They exist out there.

Kilomech said:
JoJo said:

Not necessarily. Believing that a Rapture might one day be possible doesn't always mean that they also believe in God or except Jesus Christ as their personal lord and savior. It states on the Website that they are open-minded, animal loving Atheists. They exist out there.

Anyone who believes in a concept enough to base their services on it is no unbeliever. Unless it's a scam.

I don't know the future.
It would be difficult for anybody who says "I don't believe in God" to convince me to dig into my wallet to pay for their service though. Exceedingly difficult.

This is the "General Talk" forum so we don't want to speak too much about doctrine. It's okay to speak about irony though. When I was younger there was a certain dislike for "Yuppies" in me and I thought about a couple ways to "get money off of them". The ideas that I had then were funny too (well, they were funny to me at least).

The thought they are expounding (Pet Care for Raptured Saints) reminds me of an old saying, "They could sell refrigerators to Eskimos." But that saying is probably at least Politically Incorrect these days and may become illegal at some point in time. Still on the other hand we can expect that anything that pokes fun at Christians will become more and more popular.

:poke

~Sparrowhawke

Still on the other hand we can expect that anything that pokes fun at Christians will become more and more popular.

True, but when we are all eventually caught up in the rapture, their stunned silence and immediate realization will be perhaps even more ironic. :yes

Personally, I believe that the discussed company, at the very minimum, could possibly be legitimate. Impossible to tell, however.

JoJo said:
Kilomech said:
JoJo said:

Anyone who believes in a concept enough to base their services on it is no unbeliever. Unless it's a scam.

I am sure they are highly doubtful the Rapture will ever occur. However, like it was pointed out earlier, the website includes a legally binding contract which would need to be fulfilled should a rapture occur.

Kilomech said:
I am sure they are highly doubtful the Rapture will ever occur. However, like it was pointed out earlier, the website includes a legally binding contract which would need to be fulfilled should a rapture occur.
No, if a Christian were no longer present on the earth and were present in the air with the Lord there would be no lawsuit before man's court to enforce it. It's like the Atheist had taken Pascal's Wager and doubled it with a twist. A(PW)² == Atheist x (Pascal's Wager)² == hahahahahahah

To me that will be a day of JOY! It seems highly doubtful for the Christian to say, "Pardon me Lord but there's a little matter I need to take care of. May I be excused from Your Presence to go to court?"

"I need to get my $110 in filthy lucre back." :thud:

~Sparrow

Sparrowhawke said:
Kilomech said:
No, if a Christian were no longer present on the earth and were present in the air with the Lord there would be no lawsuit before man's court to enforce it. It's like the Atheist had taken Pascal's Wager and doubled it with a twist. A(PW)² == Atheist x (Pascal's Wager)² == hahahahahahah

To me that will be a day of JOY! It seems highly doubtful for the Christian to say, "Pardon me Lord but there's a little matter I need to take care of. May I be excused from Your Presence to go to court?"

"I need to get my $110 in filthy lucre back." :thud:

~Sparrow

All of these issues can be settled before the person is raptured.

And at first I thought you were saying that there would be no lawyers if the Rapture actually occurred. I about laughed by butt off.

Kilomech said:
at first I thought you were saying that there would be no lawyers if the Rapture actually occurred.
:biglol No lawyers in heaven maybe.

Kilomech said:

Who's going to enforce it?

animal said:
Kilomech said:

Who's going to enforce it?

The person can appoint a representative to handle their legal assets. They can treat it just as if they were making a will, except just involving their pets and not all of their possessions.

Of course, if someone wants to take the time to go through all of this, there may be additional fees involved for them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back