Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rapture questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 1 CORINTHIANS 15:22-24

COMING - PAROUSIA

Strong's Number: 3952
Original WordWord Origin
parousivafrom the present participle of (3918)
Transliterated WordTDNT Entry
Parousia5:858,791
Phonetic SpellingParts of Speech
par-oo-see'-ah Noun Feminine
Definition
  1. presence
  2. the coming, arrival, advent
    1. the future visible return from heaven of Jesus, to raise the dead, hold the last judgment, and set up formally and gloriously the kingdom of God
There is nothing secret or invisible about the is word Coming - Parousia.

Every eye will see Him when He comes. The Resurrection and Rapture take place at this event.

Jesus Christ Himself will destroy the Lawless one [antichrist] by the brightness of His Coming.

He will remove ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY and set up His Kingdom on Earth.

This event will certainly not happen BEFORE The Great Tribulation.

JLB

Hi JLB
You seem to agree. Theres only 2 resurrections.

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Which one is the above? Its gotta be the 1Cor.15 resurrection. But the people are not heddin to heaven but are going to Israel for the 1000yr period of rest. I looked. I cant find one scripture that says we are going to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event as the rapturist claim.

No one has answered my question. The Ezek.37 resurrection. Theres but 2 according to scripture. Which one is it?

There are many type-resurrections, and at least two antitype-resurrections.

The Ezekiel 37 resurrection is a type-resurrection, and was fulfilled when Cyrus allowed the captives of Babylon to return to the holy land as the Jews(the combined remnants of both Ephraim and Judah). The final five verses of the chapter then suggest a rebuilt temple, but actually point to the coming of Jesus.

Ezekiel 37 can also be seen as a type of rapture in that it is a separation of the Godly from the ungodly. The exodus is another type of rapture. So was the flood, for that matter.

A closer look at Zeke 37

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

FOUR WINDS! We know theres only 2 resurrections. Zeke 37 speaks of one of those resurrections. Its not the great white throne resurrection as that happens after the 1000yr period of rest. That only leaves the 1st resurrection of the 1Cor.15 event. In the twinkling of an eye.

MATT.24 [29] IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other.

Its all about the 4 winds. It happens right after the tribulation period. On the Day of the Lord. And when they are gathered {in the twinkling of an eye} they are brought into the land of Israel {Ezek.37v12} for the 1000 yr period of rest. The Rapturist claim we are flitting off to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event but you will not find that in scripture

There are many type-resurrections, and at least two antitype-resurrections.

The Ezekiel 37 resurrection is a type-resurrection,

A type resurrection? Its not yet here.

EZEK.37 [12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL

When do you claim this happened? Keep in mind the 4 winds. So....you must also believe Matt.24 is some sorta type thingy. Right?

Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father . .
When does the following occur? You speak of the last judgment, and 1 Co 15:26 tells us that the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? Have you considered that the time of these prophecies could be talking of the end of the millennium?

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And then I continue to wonder how those of Rev Chapters Four and Seven are seen in heaven before this; there is certainly death prevalent afterward. Another group to arrive in the heavenly Jerusalem are the 144,000 in Rev Chapter Fourteen. If not raptured or caught up as it were, I don’t know how they arrive at different times than others. A last thought; is there the possibility of more than one trump if there is a trump called the last trump?

Thanks.

A last thought; is there the possibility of more than one trump if there is a trump called the last trump?

Thanks.

Yeah
The "last" trumpet to be blown is the last trumpet to be blown.

1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The above scripture points out that “we shall all be changed” as the LAST TRUMPET is blown.

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. No matter how ya figure it, you cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown before the tribulation or at mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation.

ISAIAH 27 [12] And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O ye children of Israel.[13] And it shall come to pass in that day, that THE GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

The GREAT trumpet shall be blown. His people gathered. Its off to Jerusalem for the 1000yr period of rest. Not headin for heaven

A type resurrection? Its not yet here.

EZEK.37 [12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL

When do you claim this happened? Keep in mind the 4 winds. So....you must also believe Matt.24 is some sorta type thingy. Right?
You are familiar with type and anti-type? The type points us to the anti-type. Cyrus the Great was the gentile type-of-messiah, prophesied by name in the OT through Jeremiah. Yet Cyrus, though anointed, was only a man. As such, he and his actions were those of a man, so that once he conquered Babylon, he could only symbolically resurrect the good-as-dead captives from their cultural graves in Babylon through his edict. However, these actions point to the anti-type fulfilled in Jesus Christ, our Jewish Messiah, who can resurrect the physically dead because He conquered death, as only God can do.

Well Sinthesis,
I believe the Word as it is written. Doesn't make sense to me to do a song and dance around the scriptures as I believe that you would be adding or diminishing. That aint good

Huh. How about that. The 24 elders are identified in Revelation 5.

V 8-10
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth./

When does the following occur? You speak of the last judgment, and 1 Co 15:26 tells us that the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? Have you considered that the time of these prophecies could be talking of the end of the millennium?

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And then I continue to wonder how those of Rev Chapters Four and Seven are seen in heaven before this; there is certainly death prevalent afterward. Another group to arrive in the heavenly Jerusalem are the 144,000 in Rev Chapter Fourteen. If not raptured or caught up as it were, I don’t know how they arrive at different times than others. A last thought; is there the possibility of more than one trump if there is a trump called the last trump?

Thanks.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 is the Key.

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-- 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

This takes place at His Coming.

His Coming is at the end of the age.

JLB

I wonder how many people will fit into Israel to live a 1000 years?
doubter, a zillion on top of each other in large stars of david ,lol.

seriously isreal-gentile in the future, now, gentile - isreal now. no difference, its still a church.

with mezzuzahs and kippah and hannukah! and shalom when the doors open and close.lol. sorry I cant resist. don't forget the bagels too

with mezzuzahs and kippah and hannukah! and shalom when the doors open and close.lol. sorry I cant resist. don't forget the bagels too

Don't forget the baby back ribs!!!

JLB

Song of Solomon 2: 8-13

8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
9 My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Beautiful picture of the rapture! That will happen sometime during spring time....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back