Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rapture

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Do you agree or disagree with this statement.

The Spirit empowered Christian life which involves:

Salvation
Love
Faith
Righteousness
Justicstion

As well as receiving the Holy Spirit are predicated on obedience.

Without obeying the Gospel no person is saved; born again.

Agree.
Disagree.

JLB

Salvation
Love
Faith
Righteousness
Justicstion

Agree.
Disagree.

JLB

disagree

Do you agree or disagree with this statement. I can not agree as written.

Salvation
Love
Faith
Righteousness
Justicstion

Agree.
Disagree.

JLB

Salvation includes all the below and more....It is a calling. It is not like joining boy Scouts and learning how to love, to be righteous, and be justified (John 17:11-36). We do not sanctify ourselves, We, by our own spirit, when we are called by the word of God, can go no further than that. "UNTILL" we see ourselves as we are, can not accept God's grace. For to the Adamic nature, man does not think he is all that bad. So the man who joins the Church, claims to believe Jesus and is baptized, can teach Sunday School, just to claim he is saved from God's wrath and to be on the safe side, has never known God. He looks at the Bible as a dictionary to describe him self, because he has not experienced grace. Once a man agrees with God, because he sees how God sees him, and agrees, Then he knows what grace is and God regenerates that man. When I was a teenager, I was saved many times.....until I got saved (I was called) All the other times I was joining. The obedience part was believing God through Jesus Christ who came to save man from the wrath to come. (Eph. 3:1-21) The calling out of the Church, The Epistle to the Ephesians. And then the promise of rebuilding Israel with The Son of David as it's promised King (Acts 15:13-18; 2 Samuel 7:4-19; Psalms 89:20-37).
Love
Faith
Righteousness
Justification

Agree.
Disagree.

JLB

Last edited:
Do you think a man who sits by himself upon a mountaintop without another soul in sight can not be deceived? A wise man once said we must take care that we do not deceive ourselves.

Why is it that you would seek to know about the anti-christ and man of sin rather than the knowledge of Christ? Is the anti-christ your first love? If your heart is set upon the "man of sin," then what is to be your treasure?
I have received Jesus Christ as Lord, I follow the truth and power of his holy word, as his Holy Spirit lives within me and guides me into his truth.

The Holy Bible speaks of a future human man, that will be a sign to the church on earth as to the "Second Advent" of Jesus Christ, the church is instructed to be aware of this human figure.

You continue to suggest I pay homage by being aware of this teaching, and future human man, your suggestions are false.

One thing Satan hates is to be exposed, because he is a liar, and there is no truth in him, I will continue to expose his Satan and his kingdom, your words won't stop this.

God has instructed the Christian not to be deceived by man, and gave signs before his second advent, that will be the "Apostasy" of the once professing Church, and the "Man Of Sin, Anrichrist" being revealed.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4KJV
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Last edited:

Salvation
Love
Faith
Righteousness
Justicstion

Agree.
Disagree.

JLB
yes and no obedience follows salvation saved first by grace through faith i suppose a type obedience could be included .when the spirit draws we react .other than that it is strictly by grace are we saved. i am not saying that you are.but it appears as legalism is being used... your scriptures on obedience is there .. maybe its in the manner you use them.. but one thing when you obedience is a must in staying saved.. have you walked in %100 obedience. done everything the spirit spoke to you

Do you believe you are practicing love and righteousness when you disobey Him?

Do you believe people that disobey the Gospel are still saved anyway.

Do you believe people are justified by disobedience.

Your response is kinda vague so I’m trying to clarify where you stand.

I thought you understood those points I listed were all predicated by obedience.

JLB

Do you believe you are practicing love and righteousness when you disobey Him? Paul did. (Acts 20:20-27; 21:4; 10-11; 22:17-21)

Do you believe people that disobey the Gospel are still saved anyway. Of course not.

Do you believe people are justified by disobedience. ?

Your response is kinda vague so I’m trying to clarify where you stand. It was very clear.

I thought you understood those points I listed were all predicated by obedience. Do you believe you can lose your salvation?

JLB

Last edited:
let me clarify what i am asking your saying obedience all they way...and we are to obey but my question is do you walk in complete obedience ? if not careful we will take away from Grace by trying to live law

I had to obey the Gospel 100% to be saved, which is repent.

Repentance was required of the law. Repentance iss first needed before you can even begin to receive the Gospel of the Kingdom. Repentance is not the Gospel message: Salvation is.

You said without obeying the Gospel no person can be born again. But, except you are born again, it is not even possible to hear the Gospel of the Kingdom. What you were being obedient to was the schoolmaster. Once you've graduated, then you move on to walk by Faith, where you will be proved again. But if you haven't moved beyond repentance from dead works yet, then what could you know about the Gospel of the Kingdom and the mystery kept hidden from the foundations of the world?

I have received Jesus Christ as Lord, I follow the truth and power of his holy word,

You have that slightly backwards. You first receive the knowledge of the truth, then you go on to follow the Voice of Jesus Christ as Lord. My sheep hear my voice.

But since you seem to be so knowledgeable about Satan and things, and since he was also called the father of lies, then can you tell us what his first lie was?

You have that slightly backwards. You first receive the knowledge of the truth, then you go on to follow the Voice of Jesus Christ as Lord. My sheep hear my voice.

But since you seem to be so knowledgeable about Satan and things, and since he was also called the father of lies, then can you tell us what his first lie was?
Genesis 3:1-5KJV
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Last edited:
Genesis 3:1-5KJV
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

You quoted scripture. In your own words, what was the lie?

thats not what i asked?

Here is my question to which you answered with this question.

So you believe those who do not obey the Gospel are saved?

Do you obey 100%

Everyone who has s saved, born again obeys the Gospel 100%.

again here is my question to you.

So you believe those who do not obey the Gospel are saved?

JLB

I simply said I disagree, but there you go again assuming what you think I believe. You should really stop that. Why not just ask what I disagreed with, then discuss it.

I did.

Do you believe people who disobey the Gospel are saved?

You said without obeying the Gospel no person can be born again. But, except you are born again, it is not even possible to hear the Gospel of the Kingdom. What you were being obedient to was the schoolmaster.

Wrong.

I was obeying the Gospel.

The Gospel is repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

Repent is the command we are to obey.

Repent means to turn to God in submission to His rule as Lord.

Which by default means, if we are called to turn to God, then we are called to turn away from Satan as our lord.

The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it. Luke 16:16

JLB

Back