Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Raptures – Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm so sick of us arguing amongst ourselves....pre trib, post trib, whatever....all I see are pompous asses.

Let us humble ourselves and live as one.

Who cares?

Does anybody understand what it means to live in the Spirit?

Why do people seem to fear, or at least question the future?
To walk in the Spirit means to show daily,moment-by-moment Holiness.This happens when we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us in thought,word and deed.
If a person is a true child of God and a born again believer they do not need to fear the future.If they are not they should fear the future.But many don't because they do not care.

So you are post trib?

I do believe in the resurrection of the dead and those still alive when He returns. But that can't be considered post trib. doctrine really because post trib. says the tribulation is still to come. I believe the tribulation spoken of already happened to Israel, I don't see that happening again. Why would it?
The tribulation happened when they did not accept the Messiah Jesus and the temple, Jerusalem, and other towns were destroyed by the Romans. The people, the Jews that had not received the Messiah as their Savior, were displaced all over the world at that time. The end of the Mosaic age of the temple and blood sacrifice of bulls and goats ended.
The book of Hebrews, Jesus, Paul, and Peter all tell the Christians of that day, that it was coming soon, the end of the Mosaic age, and it did. Jesus said some of them standing there would live to see it and some of them did. That is what Jesus literally said, so that is what I believe.
People believe the history that is written about Hitler destroying the Jews, they read and believe what is happening in Israel right now, but people don't read and believe the history written about the destruction of Israel that was written by an eye witness, a Jew, in 70 AD, why is that? I find that very confusing.

Who cares?

Does anybody understand what it means to live in the Spirit?

Why do people seem to fear, or at least question the future?
Dear brother, I’m convinced that we are to be ready in our walk with God to escape many things not only at this present time, but that which is to come upon the entire world.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1 Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

I've got a request. Some of you have given your thoughts as to the time of different events to come or not to come. Do you have reason and scripture to confirm your reasons?

The only negativity comes from those who argue, especially those who argue about the future.

I do not worry about the future....

Exactly...why?

What does it matter?

Let us each work out our OWN salvation....

It's an interesting subject, it is in God's Word, and it doesn't affect one's salvation. Please don't judge others who find the scriptures about it interesting and can discuss it in an intelligent and non-judgmental way.
I don't see anyone here judging anyone else's salvation by their eschatology beliefs.

I do not worry about the future....

I wonder how many second temple Jews thought the same thing. How many were not like the Bereans, who searched the scriptures to see if what Paul said about the suffering Messiah was true or not true.
I don't Worry about the future but I am interested in knowing what the scriptures say.

Last edited:
I've got a request. Some of you have given your thoughts as to the time of different events to come or not to come. Do you have reason and scripture to confirm your reasons?

Matthew 6:25-34New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Cure for Anxiety
“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

It's an interesting subject, it is in God's Word, and it doesn't affect one's salvation. If it bothers you don't discuss it but please don't judge others who find the scriptures about it interesting and can discuss it in an intelligent and non-judgmental way.
I don't see anyone here judging anyone else's salvation by their eschatology beliefs.

I have a right to judge my brethren...

...and my judgement is that we argue too much...my advice would be for us too all just shut up and close the website, but we're all too prideful for that.

We should be spreading the good news and encouraging another...but that is not what's happening.

Some Scriptures for my reason for pre-trib
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.[a]

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

and
1 Corinthians 15:50-54 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”[a]

I believe the tribulation spoken of already happened to Israel, I don't see that happening again. Why would it?
The tribulation happened when they did not accept the Messiah Jesus and the temple, Jerusalem, and other towns were destroyed by the Romans. The people, the Jews that had not received the Messiah as their Savior, were displaced all over the world at that time. The end of the Mosaic age of the temple and blood sacrifice of bulls and goats ended.
Good thought sister, but I would ask why the Mosaic age didn't end when Jesus became the sacrifice for all time on the cross instead of the destruction of a temple no longer having any meaning.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Some Scriptures for my reason for pre-trib
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.[a]

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

and
1 Corinthians 15:50-54 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”[a]
Where does this show this to be pre-trib? Couldn't this also pertain to a mid-trib. or post-trib rapture?

So what is the difference from asking people if they think tomorrow will be a sunny or rainy day, just asking the question for fun?.

Would you think that is negative?
Where does this show this to be pre-trib? Couldn't this also pertain to a mid-trib. or post-trib rapture?

You guys must be more holy than me...

I find myself addressing my own sin TODAY, which is plentiful, rather than arguing about the future...

Good thought sister, but I would ask why the Mosaic age didn't end when Jesus became the sacrifice for all time on the cross instead of the destruction of a temple no longer having any meaning.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Well, I think it was like the time they spent in the wilderness when they came out of Egypt. They spent 40 yrs. listening to Moses and being feed the manna from heaven. Getting Egypt out of them and the older generation died there or did not go in to the promised land.
The temple was destroyed very close to 40 yrs. after Jesus was made the sacrifice for sin. I believe this was a grace period for the apostles to preach the gospel (the true manna) to them much like Moses in the wilderness teaching them. The apostles reached many of them during these yrs. and brought them into the kingdom of God.
But Josephus said that after Jesus died the thread that was tied around the scape goat never changed color again. So the sin of the nation was not being forgiven by the annul atonement sacrifice.

I find myself addressing my own sin TODAY, which is plentiful, rather than arguing about the future...
Do you have an aversion to discussing the things God has given us to know? We all grow in Christ at different rates and I have come to find other's ideas challenging to my own understanding of scripture. These forums provide a place of fellowship not always available to all.

I'm not sure of the reason for your opposition to the OP of this thread, and attempts to derail it, but this thread was posted to provide an opportunity for many discussing these topics on another thread not allowing debate.

One good reason for study is shown in the following scripture.
1 Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1 Pet 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

lol.I don't believe we are holier than you, I'm sure I'm not, but...it's pretty hard to sin when you are intent on the scriptures. We have a way of keeping each other civil and when we don't we have great mods. to rebuke us. :)

Are you OK, you don't sound like you. Do you need prayer? We love you Core and more importantly Jesus love you.

No, I guess not...thanks for noticing. I don't ever ask for prayer, but I think now is the time...

Thanks sister...

Do you have a specific request or I will just lift you up to the Father, the Holy Spirit knows, and we have the perfect mediator.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back