Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rate the Avatar

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
:clap Is wanting it to snow ... with it being a snowflake { I do like it } and wish we had some today ... but then it would all MELT off if we get the HIGH TEMPS that they are calling for !!

A very beautiful red rose.....

Red roses, as we think of them today, are the traditional symbol for love and romance. The modern red rose we are now familiar with was introduced to Europe from China in the 1800's. However, the meanings associated with them can be traced back many centuries, even to some of the earliest societies. The color red itself evolved from an early primal symbol for life into a metaphor for deep emotion. In Greek and Roman mythology the red rose was closely tied to the goddess of love. Many early cultures used red roses to decorate marriage ceremonies and they were often a part of traditional wedding attire. Through this practice, the red rose became known as a symbol for love and fidelity. As the tradition of exchanging roses and other flowers as gifts of affection came into prevalence, the red rose naturally became the flower of choice for sending the strongest message of love. This is a tradition that has endured to the present day.

A very beautiful red rose.....

Red roses, as we think of them today, are the traditional symbol for love and romance. The modern red rose we are now familiar with was introduced to Europe from China in the 1800's. However, the meanings associated with them can be traced back many centuries, even to some of the earliest societies. The color red itself evolved from an early primal symbol for life into a metaphor for deep emotion. In Greek and Roman mythology the red rose was closely tied to the goddess of love. Many early cultures used red roses to decorate marriage ceremonies and they were often a part of traditional wedding attire. Through this practice, the red rose became known as a symbol for love and fidelity. As the tradition of exchanging roses and other flowers as gifts of affection came into prevalence, the red rose naturally became the flower of choice for sending the strongest message of love. This is a tradition that has endured to the present day.

Thirstyone:

There's also another important application for the red rose: its also a favorite and even poignant motif for a tattoo.

Blessings.

Thirstyone:

There's also another important application for the red rose: its also a favorite and even poignant motif for a tattoo.

Blessings.

Yes, roses are used for tatts.

Farouk, are you planning on opening a tattoo parlor and your trying to find out how many customers/ Christians you could get to come? :) Just kidding.

There has been a lot of discussion about tattoos on the thread/threads you started, and many opinions and comments. To me, any decision a person makes in their life is between them and God. The study of the Bible coupled with their relationship with God, I would hope, would guide them on a correct path.

I personally would never get a tattoo, but I don't judge anyone for having one. :)

This thread is about judging avatars...I am sorry for taking it off topic, but I can remedy that.

Ummmm....the avatar above me......There isn't one. Farouk, you need avatar....perhaps a pic of a tattoo would work?

Ok...I'm being a brat. :lol

I hope you forgive me, farouk. You are a very serious person, and I tend to joke around at times. I mean no harm. :)

Yes, roses are used for tatts.

Farouk, are you planning on opening a tattoo parlor and your trying to find out how many customers/ Christians you could get to come? :) Just kidding.

There has been a lot of discussion about tattoos on the thread/threads you started, and many opinions and comments. To me, any decision a person makes in their life is between them and God. The study of the Bible coupled with their relationship with God, I would hope, would guide them on a correct path.

I personally would never get a tattoo, but I don't judge anyone for having one. :)

This thread is about judging avatars...I am sorry for taking it off topic, but I can remedy that.

Ummmm....the avatar above me......There isn't one. Farouk, you need avatar....perhaps a pic of a tattoo would work?

Ok...I'm being a brat. :lol

I hope you forgive me, farouk. You are a very serious person, and I tend to joke around at times. I mean no harm. :)

Thirstyone:

Okay; thanks for your suggestion.

(Fixed it!) :)

Blessings.

:yes

A very nice smooth flowing symmetrical pattern done in positive and negative....looks like a tatt pattern. :biggrin

I'm glad you're still talking to me. ;)

Thirstyone:

You like the pattern, then?

The rounded lines and the balanced lay out seem to combine to make it a pleasing design overall. The slight break in the lines where one cris-crosses another gives the illusion of a three-dimensional feel. The simplicity of black only, also adds to it's appeal, really, I guess (though I say it myself).

Thanks, & blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thirstyone:

You like the pattern, then?

The rounded lines and the balanced lay out seem to combine to make it a pleasing design overall. The slight break in the lines where one cris-crosses another gives the illusion of a three-dimensional feel. The simplicity of black only, also adds to it's appeal, really, I guess (though I say it myself).

Thanks, & blessings.

Yes, it is nice. Black on white or white on black both have a dramatic effect. I do like the crisscrossing pattern. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like it...that is all that matters.

Ok...folks...the interruption is over and the thread is being returned to it's original purpose. The rating of the avatar. :)

Yes, it is nice. Black on white or white on black both have a dramatic effect. I do like the crisscrossing pattern. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like it...that is all that matters.

Ok...folks...the interruption is over and the thread is being returned to it's original purpose. The rating of the avatar. :)

Thirstyone:

Yes, so thanks for the suggestion that you made to me, anyway.

One of the particular benefits of this avatar pattern which is, like you pointed out, also a tatt design is that the rounded nature of the lines make it particularly suitable for an upper arm placement.

So you're right; as an avatar it does immediately look like a tattoo pattern.

(BTW: Hands cupped into a heart, like in your avatar are also an intriguing pattern; quite a novel idea, actually. Did someone else take the photo while you cupped your hands, or maybe it was an image you used?)

So you do think that rounded-lined, arm contour fitting tribal tatt designs such as in the avatar are really effective as tattoos, do you?

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're right; as an avatar it does immediately look like a tattoo pattern.
:yes
(BTW: Hands cupped into a heart, like in your avatar are also an intriguing pattern; quite a novel idea, actually. Did someone else take the photo while you cupped your hands, or maybe it was an image you used?)

No...I found the image online. :)

So you do think that rounded-lined, arm contour fitting tribal tatt designs such as in the avatar are really effective as tattoos, do you?

Blessings.

If I say yes, are you going to run out and get the tatt put on your arm? :lol

Sorry, I'm being a brat again. :yes I think most people that put tatt's on their body pick something that has some kind of special meaning to them.

Broken chains, symbolizing our bondage to and sin and death being broken. It's in light so the light of Christ doing the work :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Back