Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Recall

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I read an article the other day that said the battery usually has to be replaced around 70,000 mile for a mere $20,000.00 dollars. Do not know if this true.

I read an article the other day that said the battery usually has to be replaced around 70,000 mile for a mere $20,000.00 dollars. Do not know if this true.

I think replacing batteries can be expensive up to about 20k, not sure if thats installed.

What do people with electric vehciles do if there is a fault or breakdown or need a new battery?, not like can find a local mechanic who could get you back on the road in no time.

I find electrics in standard cars annoying enough thats why im simple and like older basic cars and easy to work on and many parts so cheap to fix issues.

I mean a simple sencor fault in more modern vehicles can put it in limp mode or shut it down and then your stuck on the sode of the road and need be towed, all over a stupid faulty sencor.

I find electrics in standard cars annoying enough thats why im simple and like older basic cars and easy to work on and many parts so cheap to fix issues.

I mean a simple sencor fault in more modern vehicles can put it in limp mode or shut it down and then your stuck on the sode of the road and need be towed, all over a stupid faulty sencor.
I too like vehicles w/o computers running everything.

If electric vehicles become really popular i wonder if older models will become cheaper as they age as newer models come out, and what about the cost of new batteries if they need to be replaced, would be worth keeping an older vehicle or just scraping it.

I mean say an electric vehicle is only worth like 5k in 50 years, thats reasonable because they would have to be cheap enough everyone could afford a work hack not just the wealthy driving them, but if the battery need to be changed and it cost like 10k or something it just doesnt seem to make any sense. The value seems to be in a battery.

I dont even know if im making any sense.

Apparently its a random guess that electric vehicle batteries last between 10-20 years. Thats a big gap and not really reliable to go on, but who really knows, i guess they havent been around that long to even get a average.

Apparently its a random guess that electric vehicle batteries last between 10-20 years. Thats a big gap and not really reliable to go on, but who really knows, i guess they havent been around that long to even get a average.
If I am on a long trip I prefer to fill up gas in a few minutes rather that have wait for my 8 hour recharge.

If a battery can last 10 years that's pretty awesome .most twenty years cars aren't on the road en mass .my Nissan is 20 years old and my Tacoma will be next year .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back