Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Regeneration / Baptism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Regeneration is an act of God, Repentance is the act of man responding to the calling of God. repent means to turn around or change of mind. it is the act of man responding to the calling of God. When the word of God washes a man with the Truth (the light of the word of God shinning in the dark places of the soul of a man) (John 15:3) or seeing for the first time what he really is! And if he is grieved enough that he agrees with God....He will repent. This is not Salvation, this is repenting or turning to God's great mercy.

Regeneration is what God does for the repented sinner who calls upon the lord (Matt. 13:14-16).
No action of the flesh brings regeneration. Regeneration only comes by what God sees in your heart. You must be born again. Regeneration is the act of God's grace upon the repented heart that looks to God. You can be baptized a hundred times, the act in itself, void of a repented heart, will not save any man. It is an act of God....not of man. We are not saved by what we want to believe or any works of righteousness, but by the POWER of God's Mercy and Grace alone. Salvation is not a carnal act. It is the supernatural power of God's Spiritual grace in Jesus Christ, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Regeneration is an act of God, Repentance is the act of man responding to the calling of God. repent means to turn around or change of mind. it is the act of man responding to the calling of God. When the word of God washes a man with the Truth (the light of the word of God shinning in the dark places of the soul of a man) (John 15:3) or seeing for the first time what he really is! And if he is grieved enough that he agrees with God....He will repent. This is not Salvation, this is repenting or turning to God's great mercy.

Regeneration is what God does for the repented sinner who calls upon the lord (Matt. 13:14-16).
No action of the flesh brings regeneration. Regeneration only comes by what God sees in your heart. You must be born again. Regeneration is the act of God's grace upon the repented heart that looks to God. You can be baptized a hundred times, the act in itself, void of a repented heart, will not save any man. It is an act of God....not of man. We are not saved by what we want to believe or any works of righteousness, but by the POWER of God's Mercy and Grace alone. Salvation is not a carnal act. It is the supernatural power of God's Spiritual grace in Jesus Christ, and nothing else.

• Just because someone gets baptized in water, doesn't necessarily mean they are saved.
  • Water baptism does not save us, any more than the Gospel message saves without being obeyed.

All the POWER of God's Mercy and Grace alone in the world will not save us, unless we obey the message of His kingdom.

• in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:8

It is our obedience to God's voice, and His message of the Kingdom that saves us.

The Gospel must be obeyed, for it to save, otherwise we need to all preach universal reconciliation.

JLB

Yup!
It's all God's doing.
We can respond with repentance, obedience, faith, good works, etc. but none of that earns anyone through the pearly gates into the kingdom of God because that is what we were created to be doing anyway.
Only God saves.
And, God won't save someone who does not repent, have faith, and do the good works he created us to do, etc.
Those items describe the narrow path through the narrow gate.
It is the narrow way that leads to eternal life, it is a difficult way, and it is God's way.
Rev 3:21 “To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."

iakov the fool

What if one is baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38) and has an honest heart?

According to Paul, at Romans 6, God has seen fit to bring about regeneration (being born again) through the act of Christian Baptism.
Maybe for you, but regeneration came when I answered His calling of me. And I was baptized at that time. God knew my heart, not because I was getting immersed.

But you didn't answer the question, please reread.
Post #8 should answer your question. If you do not understand that, then there is no other discussion that is fruitful. You must be born again! A born again believer would know and not ask such a question.

Last edited:
Post #8 should answer your question. If you do not understand that, then there is no other discussion that is fruitful. You must be born again! A born again believer would know and not ask such a question.

Appears to me post 8 was in answer to Jim Parker. Please go back to my original question.

To my comment;"According to Paul, at Romans 6, God has seen fit to bring about regeneration (being born again) through the act of Christian Baptism." you responded:
Maybe for you, but regeneration came when I answered His calling of me. And I was baptized at that time. God knew my heart, not because I was getting immersed.
No, not "maybe for me."
That is how the word of God says a believe is regenerated.
Any other way of being regenerated is a different Gospel and a man-made tradition.

I don't know your way Jim, it is foreign to me.
It's not "my" way.
It is the way of the Church from the beginning.

It is a very sad state of affairs that baptismal regeneration should be foreign to any Christian.

Here, I'll show you how to get there:
Rom 6:3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
That's your "old man" dead and buried with Christ in baptism.
Rom 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
That's you being raised up into new life (regenerated, born again) in Christ.

That is the sinful flesh dying and being buried with Christ in the act of Christian baptism and then being raised (born again after having died) to new life in Christ.

Here it gets explained by the Church's first apologist:
Justin Martyr (100 – 165 AD) The First Apology, Chapter LXI, “Christian Baptism”
I will also relate the manner in which we dedicated ourselves to God when we had been made new through Christ; lest, if we omit this, we seem to be unfair in the explanation we are making. As many as are persuaded and believe that what we teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly, are instructed to pray and to entreat God with fasting, for the remission of their sins that are past, we praying and fasting with them. Then they are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, “Except ye be born again, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Now, that it is impossible for those who have once been born to enter into their mothers’ wombs, is manifest to all. And how those who have sinned and repent shall escape their sins, is declared by Esaias the prophet, as I wrote above; he thus speaks: “Wash you, make you clean;...”

And for this [rite] we have learned from the apostles this reason. Since at our birth we were born without our own knowledge or choice, by our parents coming together, and were brought up in bad habits and wicked training; in order that we may not remain the children of necessity and of ignorance, but may become the children of choice and knowledge, and may obtain in the water the remission of sins formerly committed, there is pronounced over him who chooses to be born again, and has repented of his sins, the name of God the Father and Lord of the universe; …… The illuminand is also washed in the name of Jesus Christ, who was crucified under Pontius Pilate, and in the name of the Holy Spirit, who through the prophets foretold everything about Jesus.

I am consistently perplexed at how this foundational teaching of the primitive Church gets denied, distorted, and neglected by the modern Church.

• It is our obedience to God's voice, and His message of the Kingdom that saves us.
The Gospel must be obeyed, for it to save, otherwise we need to all preach universal reconciliation.

JLB
-
Congratulations.
You are not preaching the Cross or the Grace of God on a Christian forum. (ever).
Not since ive been here, and that is a few years, JLB.
As a matter of fact, just YANK John 3:16 out of your bible as YOUR Gospel revokes it.
As a matter of fact, Grace is nowhere located in your theology as found by anything you write here.
So, i cant tell if you are fallen from grace, or if you are a Galatians 1:8, or both.
But, whatever it is you, as a devout legalist, keep ranting about, .....has nothing to do with the blood of Jesus, or the gift of righteousness or the born again experience.
Paul said that we are to preach the CROSS and CHRIST CRUCIFIED..
So, one day, you might try that, as it would be something new for you around here, instead of always reposting and reposting and reposting your same worn legalism using your same repeating repeating repeating out of context scriptures.

<K><

-
Congratulations.
You are not preaching the Cross or the Grace of God on a Christian forum. (ever).
Not since ive been here, and that is a few years, JLB.
As a matter of fact, just YANK John 3:16 out of your bible as YOUR Gospel revokes it.
As a matter of fact, Grace is nowhere located in your theology as found by anything you write here.
So, i cant tell if you are fallen from grace, or if you are a Galatians 1:8, or both.
But, whatever it is you, as a devout legalist, keep ranting about, .....has nothing to do with the blood of Jesus, or the gift of righteousness or the born again experience.
Paul said that we are to preach the CROSS and CHRIST CRUCIFIED..
So, one day, you might try that, as it would be something new for you around here, instead of always reposting and reposting and reposting your same worn legalism using your same repeating repeating repeating out of context scriptures.

<K><

All opinion. No scripture.

Your just another internet Troll with nothing to add to God's people.

Here is what Grace teaches us, which is the Spirit of grace, about salvation.

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11-12

What does your "grace" teach you about salvation, Kidron?

It is by His grace, His Spirit, that we can live in victory over sin and shame and guilt.

Grace is not a license to live in sin and make excuses about it.

It's God's Spirit given to us, that enables us to live our lives according to His Spirit, rather that according to the sinful cravings of our flesh.

Living in obedience to the Spirit.

That's the victorious life that Jesus Christ paid for you and I to have, by His blood, sweat and tears on the cross.

Hopefully one day you will grow up and learn this truth rather that listening to preachers who just want to tickle your ears with what you want to hear.

JLB

Grace is not a license to live in sin and make excuses about it.
Grace describes the action of God Who, by His power, graciously saved mankind from death (1 Cor 15:51-55) and will graciously forgive the sins of those who confess (1John 1:9) and who will graciously unite the believer with His Son, Jesus the Christ, (Eph 5:30-32)so that the believer may have eternal life in Christ. (Rom 6:23)

Grace is the attribute of God by which He gives man the right to become His children. (Jhn 1:12)

iakov the fool

The whole bible is for us.................. But the whole bible is not to us..........

Paul is the one that Gentiles are to follow , but you have to understand because of Jesus going to the cross for us, we now

have it so very easy to be saved....... Belief and understanding who is talking [in the bible] and to whom?

Ehp.2:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back