Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] relationship with parents

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Anytime you need some Christian love and encouragement, my ears and arms are open. 8-) I'm pretty sure that goes for all the Mods and Admins. Just keep trusting in God. Remember, He's got the whole world in his hands. I know it's a Childrens song, but those words have helped me before.

I will keep you in my prayers. I understand that it can be incredibly hard to live with non-Christian parents. Brutus was probably too young to remember what our house was like before our dad got saved. Though I do not have any experience with being persecuted by my parents for my beliefs. One thing I have learned in my relationship with my parents is that 'honoring' as we are told to do does not always mean obeying. But it took a long time for me to figure that out. It also took my mom an extremely long time to admit that she will not always steer me where God wants me to head, because she is my mom and has her own plans for my life.
God is never going to give you more trials than you can handle. And whatever heartbreak and pain you suffer now, he is molding you. The Potter's hand just may be pinching and squeezing right now. You'll make it through. You never know, maybe this pain is your witness to your parents, planting seeds you may seen see grow. You mentioned wanting to be a missionary. Maybe this trial is preparing you for what is to come.
Stay strong, even tears can be a sign of strength.

oooooh, you mean when I said: She won't even let me be part of the group anymore because she doesn't want me to be a missionary.

We are all missionaries. God wants us to all to be. We can be missionaries where ever we are. Some songs from VBS from a few years ago when the theme was "Be a missionary," are coming to my mind right now. One of the songs says "Be a missionary right where you are. You don't have to travel to places afar." and the other one says "Be a missionary everyday." I can't really remember the rest. That's all that I meant by that. If God wants me to be a missionary that travels to other countries, Great! but I don't think that that is where he is pointing me. but it could be. For now I just want to be a missionary right where I am. My mom doesn't want me to talk to people about my faith. She says that I don't need to sell my religion like Jehovah's witnesses. She wants me to just keep it to myself and not care about where everyone else will spend eternity.

Back