Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Religious Equality

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I make no assumptions. :nono

I work with what I'm given.

Indeed I do. :lol

Given enough time, he'll drift from the OP to something soccer related.

th_SoccerSpainGoal.gif

Today I beat him to it.
No drifting...tho its UEFA CL today LOLs

Christianity is the one true religion which has a relationship with the God of the Holy Bible.
And this is that seed which God has planted. Any other seed not planted by HIM shall be uprooted. Religious freedom is unChristian and antiChristian. God forbids it...and we are to discourage it completely.

The distinction on how we do it and how they do theirs is: duress and violence.

The scriptures says, "choose you this day whom ye will serve; Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me."

Kathi,
I'm sorry but there is no true religion and all religions will send their worshipers to Hell. Jesus/God did not come and pay the price to establish a new religion, He came, seeking the same relationship we read of in Genesis when God walked with the first Adam in the cool of the day... relationship! The lack of that relationship is what will send 98% of the Church Membership to Hell. We have a core in our church that are very religious that is not saved and are bound for Hell. They attend Service religiously, they enjoy the Worship Service and the price they feel obligated to pay is their tithe and enduring the sermon and it makes them look so, very, good to the rest of the neighbors, you know, appearance is important to those that are not indwelt with the spirit of God.

The Christian Religion has no relationship with God. All relationships are on the personal level.
You are right. Religion in the context of the thread may be misleading. Christianity is not a religion. Perhaps I should have used 'belief'.

Should other beliefs coexist with Christianity. Maybe this is a better way to word it.

Besides Im impressed you know this fact that Christianity is never a religion.

but well:

thou shall not SUFFER a witch to live. per the ot.

classic says do they have right to exist?

NO then they don't. we must kill them.
Im not really talking about killing: im talking about 'rights' - does the bible permit coexistence os such?

The scriptures says, "choose you this day whom ye will serve; Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me."
'Choose you this day' seems to support coexistence. I doubt it does

Let's keep in mind that the nations surrounding Israel practiced horrible things like child sacrifice. God didn't want that stuff, directly harmful to mankind, spreading.

I'm not against others peacefully practicing their religion, especially since I don't live in a theocracy. I live in a nation where every human is free to pursue their own path in life, so long as they don't harm others--well, that's how it's supposed to go according to the US Constitution and it's amendments, anyway.

I'm for it, but largely find perusing the issue to be a distraction. I am about relationship with the one and only God almighty, and life is too short to be politically inclined or worrisome about what others and their so called rights are doing. I don't need rights to worship God in Spirit and they can never take this from me.

(good post Gary, I understand what you're saying)

I'm for it, but largely find perusing the issue to be a distraction. I am about relationship with the one and only God almighty, and life is too short to be politically inclined or worrisome about what others and their so called rights are doing. I don't need rights to worship God in Spirit and they can never take this from me.

(good post Gary, I understand what you're saying)

Thanks man. :biggrin

The Muslims do have serve the same God as we do.The God of the Bible.And other religions do not as well.

And this is that seed which God has planted. Any other seed not planted by HIM shall be uprooted. Religious freedom is unChristian and antiChristian. God forbids it...and we are to discourage it completely.

The distinction on how we do it and how they do theirs is: duress and violence.

Could you give scripture to support that God forbids religious freedom? Thank you.

You are right. Religion in the context of the thread may be misleading. Christianity is not a religion. Perhaps I should have used 'belief'.

Should other beliefs coexist with Christianity. Maybe this is a better way to word it.

First t

First I'll deal with the question as asked now. While there is no religion that can ever be found the equal of real Christianity. But at the same time God is our model for a just life and God is forgiving. We, that walk with the Father and His Son must always remember that, "But for the grace of God, go I." I have found all religion the cause fro great conceit causing them to be intrinsically equal but not so with those of us that walk with God and this one fact must drive every one of us to battle the Natural Man's tendency to puff our chests out and parade like pompous fools.

As the followers of Jesus we must always remember that there is no religion to equal a relationship with God and at the same time we must remember to treat every one of them as if they are our equals.

Okay, now, about impressions; They can be and oft are deceptive. It is very unnatural to, actually read the Bible, even once. I find on the other hand that it is very common for the people I feel are also indwelt with the Holy Spirit to, actually, lust to know about God and they have, often, read and eread the Scriptures through several times.

Having only an eighth grade education w/GED I learned my knowledge of the Bible by reading the Bible and by asking questions in my prayers to God. Anything I know is because of God. Particularly now that I have dozens of scars on the surface of my brain that are disconnecting me from myself. This one of those Hezekiah Miracles that only God can do. My doctors, every one of them, are dumbfounded that I am still alive. It was either '09 or '10 that they gave me 6 months to 2 years more to live. I think all of them forgot to ask God. :thud

First t

First I'll deal with the question as asked now. While there is no religion that can ever be found the equal of real Christianity. But at the same time God is our model for a just life and God is forgiving. We, that walk with the Father and His Son must always remember that, "But for the grace of God, go I." I have found all religion the cause fro great conceit causing them to be intrinsically equal but not so with those of us that walk with God and this one fact must drive every one of us to battle the Natural Man's tendency to puff our chests out and parade like pompous fools.

As the followers of Jesus we must always remember that there is no religion to equal a relationship with God and at the same time we must remember to treat every one of them as if they are our equals.

Okay, now, about impressions; They can be and oft are deceptive. It is very unnatural to, actually read the Bible, even once. I find on the other hand that it is very common for the people I feel are also indwelt with the Holy Spirit to, actually, lust to know about God and they have, often, read and eread the Scriptures through several times.

Having only an eighth grade education w/GED I learned my knowledge of the Bible by reading the Bible and by asking questions in my prayers to God. Anything I know is because of God. Particularly now that I have dozens of scars on the surface of my brain that are disconnecting me from myself. This one of those Hezekiah Miracles that only God can do. My doctors, every one of them, are dumbfounded that I am still alive. It was either '09 or '10 that they gave me 6 months to 2 years more to live. I think all of them forgot to ask God. :thud

Praise the Lord. Silly men what do they know?

The Muslims do have serve the same God as we do.The God of the Bible.And other religions do not as well.
Kathi,
They seek to spread that lie far and wide but I have never worshipped any God that promised me 72 virgins if I die for Him and I, absolutely, do not worship a monolithic being as they do. The God I worship and as I understand you, the God you worship is One Triune God. The god they serve created Jesus and stationed him below the Prophet Mohamed and the Twelfth Imam, in fact the Jesus they believe in is a lieutenant of the Twelfth Imam in the Last Days.

You might want to pick up a few books from the library.

John 14:6
Matthew 28:18-20

The Bible allows for people to freely choose whether to follow the teachings of Christianity-with the warning that one's eternal destiny is at stake.

I will give just few verses

Could you give scripture to support that God forbids religious freedom? Thank you.
Matt 15:13 has a lot to say and demonstrate.

He (Christ) replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by
the roots.

Exo 20:3 You shall have no other God before me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back