Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Remember me?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
L

LostKid

I was cleaning out my browser and stumbled upon some of my older posts from about two years ago. I guess I kind of left everybody in the dark.

Just in case anyone gave a fuck,

I'm in the military
I'm not a christian
I tried devil worship and black magic - nothing ever happened
I've spend lots of time in prayer in meditation
I am agnostic.

I'm also in the process of starting my own religious establishment. It's going to rock.

Thanks for everyone who cared!

Dave

Welcome back, Lost.

Finding your own religious establishment? Why not tell us a bit of what your doctrines will be? We won't mind as long as they aren't bashing our faith.

I'm curious to see what you feel a religion should be.

Sorry about that, I hadn't had internet in a while. The society stands as follows (although it is still in building stage).

The Temple of Opifexicis

The Temple of Opifexicis stands to unite and empower seekers, agnostics, and skeptics alike in their search for higher meaning.

As a young child, the temple’s founder was plagued by a deep seeded yearning to discover the hidden keys of existence and the nature of God. Eventually finding refuge in Christianity during the earlier years of his life, this craving blossomed into a twisting vineyard of ministry, teaching, preaching, and learning. During his quest to be an ordained clergyman sometime in mid 2000, the founder’s garden of stern religious principles wilted into a wasteland of confusion and irritation. With the label of agnostic, he left the ministry – yet the journey did not cease. Making his living as an American Soldier, he founded The Temple of Opifexicis in 2008.

The Temple of Opifexicis stands to unite and empower seekers, agnostics, and skeptics alike in their search for higher meaning.

Surely, someone searching for truth may bounce from church to synagogue to mosque and so on until they find an establishment they’re comfortable with. However, experience dictates that most people in such circumstances have an overall more valuable quest whenever they have a close friend or group of people not dedicated to a particular school of thought to help them reason, identify biases, and overall discuss their thoughts and feelings. Furthermore, when sifting through arcane or otherwise more esoteric grimores and texts, even finding another person open minded enough or supportive to help explore them is another quest in and of itself. Noting this, The Temple of Opifexicis provides a community of experienced leaders and open congregants willing to support and aid other seekers in their journey.

Services provided included:

Access to Temple’s Library
Baby naming
Marriage
Funerals
Affirmation of love
Educated leaders prepared and willing to perform a plethora of religious rituals and services at the request of members
Open-minded congregants

That's the basic gist of it, I hope you get the idea.

hey lost,

where did you get the name of your religion from??

also out of curiousity, what exactly did you do when you were doing devil worship, magic, etc.???

The name is a very rough translation from Latin meaning "Journeymen - " as in, The Temple of Journeymen (like we're on some great quest to find the truth or something, get it?) :nod

As far as the satanic stuff went, I tried direct demon worship, dedicating my soul to Satan (including the ceremony), energy work, worked out of several extremely old Manuscripts and Grimores, held several rituals and prayers. Admittedly, I had definitely experienced some so called "supernatural" stuff, but they all had the potential to be exaggerations of my mind or a desire to see something manifesting though my will (like looking into nimbostratus clouds and seeing "faces" as if they're real, animate beings).

Hence the search goes on.

Back