Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Remember The Sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I agree with Reba. It really shows, IMO, how human many people are when responding to someone's thread or post. Can't we all respond to a post without viewing it with the mindset of picking it apart and finding fault.

Reba said "discussion not debate" I'm wondering, what causes debate? Is it not that we think our doctrine is better than someone else? Is not debate the energy of pride? Debate seems to bring out the flesh and not the Spirit.

Discussion that is prayerfully thought out is a learning tool of great minds....Just saying.

The Laws have been written on our hearts... Meaning that now the Gospel/Good News is personal in nature. What is good news for one person is not the same good news for another... In fact it will come across as anything but good news.

So when discussions come about not everyone can accept this that the Laws are different for everyone.
Even Old Testament Laws. Namaan got healed from his leprosy (by Elisha) and wanted Israel dirt to worship God upon...never even once stopping at the Temple for a single observance or ordinance...but was made righteous simply by his faith. None of the Israelites could even dream of getting away with what Namaan did...they would have droves of people telling him that his worship of God was completely wrong. Namaan even admitted that he would have to take part in worship of other gods.

Neither would be really right...nor really wrong.

But God was showing his mercy and Grace and Goodness to all...depending upon the station He placed them in.

So when I come across vehement disagreement with what seems to me to be the most logical explanation of the Good News... I remember Namaan. I could be like Namaan in my understanding... But that also means I got my golden ticket too and so I rejoice in that.

The Laws have been written on our hearts... Meaning that now the Gospel/Good News is personal in nature. What is good news for one person is not the same good news for another... In fact it will come across as anything but good news.

So when discussions come about not everyone can accept this that the Laws are different for everyone.
Even Old Testament Laws. Namaan got healed from his leprosy (by Elisha) and wanted Israel dirt to worship God upon...never even once stopping at the Temple for a single observance or ordinance...but was made righteous simply by his faith. None of the Israelites could even dream of getting away with what Namaan did...they would have droves of people telling him that his worship of God was completely wrong. Namaan even admitted that he would have to take part in worship of other gods.

Neither would be really right...nor really wrong.

But God was showing his mercy and Grace and Goodness to all...depending upon the station He placed them in.

So when I come across vehement disagreement with what seems to me to be the most logical explanation of the Good News... I remember Namaan. I could be like Namaan in my understanding... But that also means I got my golden ticket too and so I rejoice in that.

Thank you John for your explanation. I want you to know that I have enjoyed your threads and posts. You are a gifted man of God and I like very much what you have to say.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back