Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Remembering God's Grace

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Davies

Sometimes I come to CF.net hoping to read something funny, something uplifting, or just something edifying. This could be a slight to God in that I should find my contentment in Him, but I can be very shortsighted. So, I intend to share the grace of God in this thread, not that I don't try to speak with grace or talk about God's grace in other threads. I just wanted a place to post those things that stand out to me, things filled with grace. It could be anything, but I imagine that most of my postings here will be Scripture.

Isaiah 54:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 “For this is like the waters of Noah to Me;
For as I have sworn
That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,
So have I sworn
That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.

May your trust be found in Jesus of the Bible; may you remember God's grace!

- Davies

On Sunday, December 16th, the Lord said to my father, 'Come up hither.' You do not know the day when the Lord will say this to you. My prayer is that when the Lord says to come up hither, it will be to see you into His presence forever.

- Davies

Hi Edward,

It's always nice when God drops things into our lap. We enjoy receiving. What happens when the Lord takes away? I have things in my life that are simply vexing. Is there grace when God takes away. The trusting Christian will always give God the credit for His goodness. A person may have to be disciplined to be weaned from the things of this world, but there is grace even when God takes away.

- Davies

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your prayers. Most people who are old enough to have experienced pain or loss should understand without such experiences, they wouldn't know as much as they know. So, if our faith is strengthened during such times, as bitter as they may be, then those painful trials are greater gifts then what we would receive material wise. Consider the apostles. Their life was filled with suffering, I'm sure, as we have been given the account of Paul's life. Yet, we might account him the richest man on the earth because of the precious faith he had.

Isaiah 55:1-3

New King James Version (NKJV)

An Invitation to Abundant Life

55 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—
The sure mercies of David.

- Davies

Through some past extreme ugliness over 10 years two days ago came the beautiful light of His Grace via the prayer of a Grandson...A young man of 23 just praying grace at the table... God's grace knows no bounds

Hi Reba,

I can only imagine the tough times. It's nice to think about this on the grand scale of eternity. I imagine 10,000 years from now, it will only take a mere glance back to the cross and we will be filled with holy zealousness for God because of the expanding view of His grace that we will have. What a comfort to know your children and your children's children are following in the Way!

- Davies

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace:

'All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me.'

Thanks farouk for that. That inspired me to write what Christian said when his burden fell from off his back.

Thus far did I come laden with my sin,
Nor could ought ease the grief that I was in,
Till I came hither. What a place is this!
Must here be the beginning of my bliss?
Must here the burden fall from off my back?
Must here the strings that bound it to me crack?
Blest cross! Blest sepulchre! Blest rather be
The Man that there was put to shame for me.

- Davies

Thanks farouk for that. That inspired me to write what Christian said when his burden fell from off his back.

Thus far did I come laden with my sin,
Nor could ought ease the grief that I was in,
Till I came hither. What a place is this!
Must here be the beginning of my bliss?
Must here the burden fall from off my back?
Must here the strings that bound it to me crack?
Blest cross! Blest sepulchre! Blest rather be
The Man that there was put to shame for me.

- Davies

Davies; YW; and exactly; I love that excerpt, too, from good old John Bunyan.

For sin has lost its power, and who can condemn those who are justified freely by His Grace?

For those who RECEIVE the abundance of grace and free gift of righteousness shall reign with Him!

Good thread Davies! the age of Exceeding grace has come!

The capstone of the living temple built of living stones, will be laid with shouts of GRACE! GRACE!

Thank you Mitspa,

There is nothing better to think of than what God has done, what He is doing, and what He will do for us in the future.

- Davies

Good morning,

The grace of God comes with a child. You may hear the words I love you. You may receive a hug or may give a hug to say I care. How about the look of trust in the eyes of the child. Are these not sent from Heaven? How about when your child looks into your eyes and the see understanding and compassion. The fruit of the Spirit is given to the believer to give that others may partake and be fed by God.

- Davies

Today, an ear came down from Heaven. It was a lovely ear. I spoke, and it listened. It was a great comfort to me. It served me, and the greater always serves.

- Davies

Back