Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Repartee Room

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Paul W.

"The heart of the gospel is redemption, and the essence of redemption is the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ. They who preach this truth preach the gospel in whatever else they may be mistaken; but they who preach not the atonement, whatever else they declare, have missed the soul and substance of the divine message." -Charles Haddon Spurgeon

May the love and peace of Jesus Christ be yours,
Paul W.

"Afflictions are light when compared with what we really deserve. They are light when compared with the sufferings of the Lord Jesus. But perhaps their real lightness is best seen by comparing them with the weight of glory which is awaiting us." -Arthur W. Pink

Paul W.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul W.

"The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the right answer." - Thomas Watson

Paul W.

An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
- Pope John Paul II

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
- Pope John Paul II

I have loved justice and hated iniquity: therefore I die in exile.
- Pope Gregory VII

Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

_ Jesus

Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil. – C. S. Lewis

When freedom does not have a purpose, when it does not wish to know anything about the rule of law engraved in the hearts of men and women, when it does not listen to the voice of conscience, it turns against humanity and society.
- Pope John Paul II

To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant-----John Henry Newman

If we are intended for great ends, we are called to great hazards.
John Henry Cardinal Newman (went to Mass at his former parish today, w00t!)

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.
G. K. Chesterton

Marriage is an adventure, like going to war.
G.K. Chesterton

"Almighty and Eternal God, behold I come to the Sacrament of Your only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. As one sick, I come to the Physician of life; unclean, to the Fountain of mercy; blind, to the Light of eternal splendor; poor and needy, to the Lord of heaven and earth. Therefore, I beg of You, through Your infinite mercy and generosity, heal my weakness, wash my uncleanness, give light to my blindness, enrich my poverty, and clothe my nakedness. May I thus receive the Bread of Angels, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, with such reverence and humility, contrition and devotion, purity and faith, purpose and intention, as shall aid my soul's salvation ..."

- St. Thomas Aquinas

"But through we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed"------St. Paul (Gal.1:8)

"There are many religions that follow God, I follow Christ".--------Mother Teresa

I should think that the worst moment for the atheist comes when he is really thankful, and has nobody to thank---C.K. Chesterton

"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.“ -Susan Ertz

Paul W.

Back