Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Republican party dissolving itself?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi Riven

For the record, the EU is made up of several nations. Each of which has it's own form of governance. Some are democratic and some are not. I am curious though as to which nation or leader in the EU you are referencing?

God bless,
Ted
None in particular. But there are beaurocrats within the European Union that aren't elected, and it's considered a bastion of democracy. In some ways, I wish the UK never left. Nigel Farage was the gift that kept on giving.

None in particular. But there are beaurocrats within the European Union that aren't elected, and it's considered a bastion of democracy. In some ways, I wish the UK never left. Nigel Farage was the gift that kept on giving.

Hi Riven

Oh, now it's 'bureaucrats'. And you think that every position in the government of a nation should be an elected position? Sure, every nation has unelected people in jobs of authority concerning various aspects of governance. But after making the statement, you have nothing much to offer to as support that such a statement is true or not.

Ok.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Riven

Oh, now it's 'bureaucrats'. And you think that every position in the government of a nation should be an elected position? Sure, every nation has unelected people in jobs of authority concerning various aspects of governance. But after making the statement, you have nothing much to offer to as support that such a statement is true or not.

Ok.

God bless,
Ted
Oh, yes.

Who would be voting for the senators then? I guess it would be like the European Union with it's unelected officials. Well the EU is considered democratic despite having officials in power that were never elected.
Formerly, Senators were elected by state legislatures. As you might guess, this got so corrupt by the 1900s, that it was changed by Amendment XVII to the Constitution. MAGA republicans are hoping to go back to that, dreaming of the money that would be involved.

It's the same reason they want to remove the Civil Service act and return to the Spoils System where all federal jobs are used to reward political cronies.

It's just too hard to corrupt a democracy.

Hi Riven

I guess I'm too old and slow as I wind down my life. I'm not sure I get the connection between my question and your video post. I must admit, Nigel seems to be pretty good at fileting, slicing and dicing with a good set of knives. But how that rant against the leader of Belgium supports this "'government leaders of the various departments and agencies need to be elected'" argument, isn't quite clear to me.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Riven

I guess I'm too old and slow as I wind down my life. I'm not sure I get the connection between my question and your video post. I must admit, Nigel seems to be pretty good at fileting, slicing and dicing with a good set of knives. But how that rant against the leader of Belgium supports this "'government leaders of the various departments and agencies need to be elected'" argument, isn't quite clear to me.

God bless,
Ted
I strand against the right's attempt to wind back the clock on this issue. Unelected beaurocrats are hardly what America or any other country needs.

Did they not? I'm pretty sure I heard the woman say we are devolving into a direct democracy.

Who would be voting for the senators then? I guess it would be like the European Union with it's unelected officials. Well the EU is considered democratic despite having officials in power that were never elected.
Others have already explained this to you.

Biden, too.
This makes no sense. If you're interested in overcoming the oligarchy, why in the world you think Don the Con is the guy to do it is a complete mystery. The guy who literally tells the super rich and corporations that he's going to give them even more tax breaks and "a lot of money"? The guy who appoints Goldman-Sachs executives to his cabinet? They guy who admires and cozies up to Oligarch regimes in other countries? The guy who took $8M from Chinese nationals while he was in office? The guy who rolled back overtime protections for middle class gov't contractors? The guy who made it easier for Wall St. firms to rip off workers' 401k's?

Meanwhile, President Biden has stood with unions, negotiated and signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, the Inflation Reduction Act, and the CHIPS and Science Act all of which created millions of working class jobs (including over 600K manufacturing jobs), appointed pro-worker officials to the NLRB (which has ruled in favor of workers more in Biden's first year than in all 4 of Donald's), issued executive orders to raise the pay and overtime eligibility of middle class gov't contractors, is going to allow Donald's tax giveaways to the super rich and mega corporations to expire, lowered insulin prices, wiped out student loan debt for millions of working class people.

Even if you don't agree with everything President Biden has done, to suggest that he is no different than Don the Con when it comes to favoring the super wealthy and mega corporations over working class Americans is just delusional and completely divorced from reality.

Here we go again....

Basically, President Biden and Democrats want to renew a couple of programs that it's hard to believe anyone in favor of "regular folks" would oppose, but as you can probably predict, Republicans are against both of them.

First is the Affordable Connectivity Program, which assists low-income families in getting internet access. It's up for renewal, but Republicans are against it. The reason is awful. The law is "trapped in a partisan war between Democrats who want to renew it, and Republicans worried it will let President Joe Biden take too much of a victory lap during a campaign year".

If that sounds familiar, it's because it's the same reason why Donald ordered Republicans to not allow the immigration reform bill to come to a vote, i.e., because passing it would help President Biden's reelection chances.

Next is the 21st Century Cures Act, which focuses federal funds towards finding a cure for cancer. Shockingly, the Republican budget in March did not include funds for this program. Why? Again, "The new budget is tight across the board, reflecting Republicans’ control of the House, deficit concerns and, not least, the GOP’s desire to deny Biden a win months before the election"

So there you have it. Republicans and Donald Trump are deliberately harming the country and families (including people with cancer) all in the service of Don the Con's reelection campaign.

Simply put, "America First" is an out and out lie.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back