Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Requesting prayer. Lift me up.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Damascus

I'd like to request fervent and honest prayer from my brothers and sisters.

I am a lapsed Christian only recently trying to take the steps to return home, ever the prodigal in pursuit of my own interests above those of God's. He recently spoke to my heart after a long personal absence and affirmed me that He is there, and He is faithful when I am not, and I want to come home.

I have become disenchanted, however, with the idea of contemporary worship... I don't want to simply watch a powerpoint, sing along, and go home. Please pray that I find a church that is active, spiritual, and will help me get back on my feet, and pray that God send me friends and associations to encourage me in my walk and hold me accountable.

Rich blessings upon all of you who take my intentions to heart, and lift them in prayer to the seat of mercy...

Blake

Wow! Here is a guy with an honest heart for the Lord. Blake, I have prayed that you find that place that will feed your hunger for Him. Perhaps you'll be that Paul who also arrived at Damascus and was used to make change. Maybe you will inspire a church to make more of itself than it is now. :)

I'd like to request fervent and honest prayer from my brothers and sisters.

I am a lapsed Christian only recently trying to take the steps to return home, ever the prodigal in pursuit of my own interests above those of God's. He recently spoke to my heart after a long personal absence and affirmed me that He is there, and He is faithful when I am not, and I want to come home.

I have become disenchanted, however, with the idea of contemporary worship... I don't want to simply watch a powerpoint, sing along, and go home. Please pray that I find a church that is active, spiritual, and will help me get back on my feet, and pray that God send me friends and associations to encourage me in my walk and hold me accountable.

Rich blessings upon all of you who take my intentions to heart, and lift them in prayer to the seat of mercy...

Blake

:biggrin This is great news, really made my day today.... How awesome! :thumbsup

I will pray for your needs and may God grant all the desires of your heart... :salute

I know this is a double post. Forgive me.

I just wanted to update. I went to a church that seemed very much to be an answered prayer in response to this thread. When I arrived, I was a little disheartened by all the happy, clappy, contemporary praise music. That's never been my scene. Classic hymns, sure, Byzantine, Georgian, Gregorian Chant, of course, but not THIS stuff.

After that was over, we got to the meat and potatoes. The pastor spoke a good word, and during altar call, I rededicated myself to the Lord "officially." The Psalm rang through my mind, "Create in me a new heart, O God, and renew a right spirit with me." That's been with me ever since. I feel like I felt when I first met the Lord, with the renewing of my mind, and thoughts, and sight. It's beautiful. I realized that whether or not I like the music is inconsequential! I was missing dinner for dislike of the appetizer. It's okay that I don't always enjoy the music... that's not what it's about.

I realize this all may sound pretty petty of me, so just bear with me.

Remember when I requested prayer in that I won't be at a church that's just a knot on a log, and I want to go somewhere to be used? A man from the church went to the pulpit and told everyone that they'd been planning on expanding into multimedia ministries, and they need people willing to volunteer as writers, typists, people aware of the workings of social networking and web administration, and radio personalities... Strange, because I have experience doing all of these things. When I return tomorrow, I'm going to be having a conversation with him to let him know that we can be of some help to one another.

I am humbled. God still answers prayers, even those of a prodigal. Thank you all for lifting me up. You're near to the heart of the Lord, and He heard you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! :thumbsup We have a miracle working God. I am so happy for you. Take care and may God continue to protect you and bless you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back