Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

RESPECT or LOVE

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I agree partly
Romantic love is a funny thing and we are all different.
Romantic love can last a lifetime but if you lose respect you may decide to leave them
You might always love them though

I can give an example of this. I loved my ex husband and still do, but no longer romantically and I still pray for him as he is a good man underneath the garbage that polluted and tore our marriage apart causing me to leave and divorce him.

When we got married I truly loved him, but I did not know he was an alcoholic and a drug user as he hid that from me at first. He had a good job and was taking classes to become a Hotel manager and I was proud of him, but soon after we were married came the drunken and substance abuse blackout beatings and his control over me. He was having affairs that he didn't think I knew about. I asked him so many times to get help before he completely destroyed his life. If he would have gotten the help he needed while we were married we would still be together today, but there was no trust or respect for him and I feared for my life everyday.

I can only pray that he has changed his life around and I have forgiven him, but all I have left for him is the hope that he has made a change in his life and a different kind of love having compassion on him, but never a romantic love, especially since God has given me, what I like to call my gift from God in that of my husband in whom we have been married for 22 years.

I can give an example of this. I loved my ex husband and still do, but no longer romantically and I still pray for him as he is a good man underneath the garbage that polluted and tore our marriage apart causing me to leave and divorce him.

When we got married I truly loved him, but I did not know he was an alcoholic and a drug user as he hid that from me at first. He had a good job and was taking classes to become a Hotel manager and I was proud of him, but soon after we were married came the drunken and substance abuse blackout beatings and his control over me. He was having affairs that he didn't think I knew about. I asked him so many times to get help before he completely destroyed his life. If he would have gotten the help he needed while we were married we would still be together today, but there was no trust or respect for him and I feared for my life everyday.

I can only pray that he has changed his life around and I have forgiven him, but all I have left for him is the hope that he has made a change in his life and a different kind of love having compassion on him, but never a romantic love, especially since God has given me, what I like to call my gift from God in that of my husband in whom we have been married for 22 years.
Thanks FHG.
I would have to agree with you that romantic love will die unless there is also respect.

(although some type of love could continue....maybe agape love?)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back