Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Resurrected flesh and bone does inherit the Kingdom of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jock

Luk 24:34

Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
Luk 24:35

And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
Luk 24:36

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37

But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38

And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40

And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41

And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42

And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43

And he took it, and did eat before them.
Luk 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Mat 28:9

And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

1Co 15:42

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43

It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Odd that God is concerned with 'flesh and bone' enough to prepare it for eternity ,says a lot about how important and monumental is the sacrifice Jesus brought.

Jesus is the firstborn of the resurrection, and the source of spiritulism and thier doctrines is the belief that Jesus is only a spirit. They deny His flesh.

The spiritualist believes that because they can not believe God.

Jock.

Jesus is the firstborn of the resurrection, and the source of spiritulism and thier doctrines is the belief that Jesus is only a spirit. They deny His flesh.

The spiritualist believes that because they can not believe God.

Jock.

Who exactly are these 'spiritualists'?:confused:

When the Lord showed Himself to the Apostles it was to increase their faith, but He had not yet ascended to our Father. We need to believe the Apostle Paul, who told us we all have TWO bodies, one terrestrial and one celestial. He also told us that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

When the Lord showed Himself to the Apostles it was to increase their faith, but He had not yet ascended to our Father. We need to believe the Apostle Paul, who told us we all have TWO bodies, one terrestrial and one celestial. He also told us that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

I agree. There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body. Flesh and blood CANNOT and WILL NOT ever inherit the kingdom of God.

If Christ was in the flesh than you would be able to see him with the natural eyes. He is in spirit which is why His spirit is able to abide in you. "We have this treasure in earthen vessels."

If people who died are still in the ground and they have to wait for that flesh and bone body to rise up, than how was Abraham, Isaac and Jacab able to appear with the Lord in Spirit on the mount of transfiguration with their spiritual bodies?? They were laid to rest in the graves with their fathers.

Full preterists are spiritualists like the RCC who believe we all die and go to Heaven immediately after death like most protestants still do.
Im none of the above and I believe to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Im none of the above and I believe to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Then you are the same as the RCC.

2 Cor ch5 teaches that to be absent from this body is to be clothed in the new body in his presence at the resurrection.

If you say you will be present with the Lord when absent from this body without the resurrection then you would be naked according to the verses in context.

Then you are the same as the RCC.

2 Cor ch5 teaches that to be absent from this body is to be clothed in the new body in his presence at the resurrection.

If you say you will be present with the Lord when absent from this body without the resurrection then you would be naked according to the verses in context.

Odd. what do you think is the current state of believers who have passed on?

I agree. There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body. Flesh and blood CANNOT and WILL NOT ever inherit the kingdom of God.

If Christ was in the flesh than you would be able to see him with the natural eyes. He is in spirit which is why His spirit is able to abide in you. "We have this treasure in earthen vessels."

If people who died are still in the ground and they have to wait for that flesh and bone body to rise up, than how was Abraham, Isaac and Jacab able to appear with the Lord in Spirit on the mount of transfiguration with their spiritual bodies?? They were laid to rest in the graves with their fathers.

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

than how was Abraham, Isaac and Jacob able to appear
I think you meant to say Moses and Elijah.

JLB

Odd. what do you think is the current state of believers who have passed on?

Sleeping.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Mat 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Mat 9:23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,
Mat 9:24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
Mat 9:25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

Luk 8:52 And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.
Luk 8:53 And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.

Joh 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Joh 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Joh 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Joh 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

You missed the part about who He was speaking to...

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

In Luke 17 Christ was not saying the Kingdom of God was inside our hearts, He said the Kingdom of God was among them. He, being the sole representative on earth at that time, was standing in their midst.

{First, many Bibles, in the margin, have substituted "in the midst of you" for the phrase "within you." This is because the Greek word "ENTOS," which was translated "within," can denote either "within or among" (Vine's Expository Dictionary). The only other time this word ENTOS is used in the New Testament is in Mt 23:26, in which case the meaning "within" is clearly correct. However, most scholars believe that this verse should be interpreted as "the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

If this verse is interpreted this way, then Jesus was telling the Pharisees that the kingdom of God, which they were asking about, was already present in the person of Jesus. Jesus was the King over the kingdom, and He embodied everything that the kingdom stood for.} - Andrew Wommack Ministries

Is within you - This is capable of two interpretations.
1. The reign of God is “in the heart.” It does not come with pomp and splendor, like the reign of temporal kings, merely to control the external “actions” and strike the senses of people with awe, but it reigns in the heart by the law of God; it sets up its dominion over the passions, and brings every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
2. It may mean the new dispensation is “even now among you.” The Messiah has come. John has ushered in the kingdom of God, and you are not to expect the appearance of the Messiah with great pomp and splendor, for he is now among you. Most critics at present incline to this latter interpretation. The ancient versions chiefly follow the former. - Albert Barnes

It was a vision...

Mat 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

Sleeping.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Mat 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Mat 9:23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,
Mat 9:24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
Mat 9:25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

Luk 8:52 And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.
Luk 8:53 And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.

Joh 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Joh 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Joh 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Joh 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

So what is your point here?

Sleep is another reference for dead.

Dead meaning their physical bodies, but not their spirit man.

even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

JLB

I believe in a bodily resurrection of the Lord as we read. To me the resurrected body Jesus wore was of the Spirit no of the dust of the earth. Their was great importance to show that Jesus of Nazareth was raised. Holes in side and wrist/hand. Jesus showed He wasn't a ghost. That is God in bodily form. Paul was clear in that we don't know or understand what a body in the order of spirit is like but we will be like the Lord at the resurrection. (not a body of the dust of the earth). No such importance is required in our resurrection to show us as we were in this life. I believe God will just give us new bodies.

Randy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back