Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Retirement

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ephesians 4: 29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listenâ€.<O:tongue</O:tongue

It's called "tongue in cheek."

Ephesians 4: 29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listenâ€.<O:tongue</O:tongue

If you have a sincere desire to curtail unwholesome behavior, as I do, speak out against homosexual lust, premarital lust, and extramarital lust.

Sorry if I interrupted your thread.
Ok, Tounge-in-cheek.:tongue <O:tongue</O:tongue
I do get that Mary’s( aquamarinesky) entertained by the intended humor and I seem to get it too:chin, but I prompt building 429 verse when I read the “ robbery “ joke ( was just cautionary to where it leads to). I don’t see the issues of your heart so there’s nothing personal….:) But you should know that not all can/ will show favoritism to the external characteristics of such humor especially the believers who are young or in their weakened state. <O:tongue</O:tongue

...speak out against homosexual lust, premarital lust, and extramarital lust.

:chinhmmm...:biggrin:) peace Elijah23

Sorry if I interrupted your thread.
Ok, Tounge-in-cheek.:tongue <O:tongue</O:tongue
I do get that Mary’s( aquamarinesky) entertained by the intended humor and I seem to get it too:chin, but I prompt building 429 verse when I read the “ robbery “ joke ( was just cautionary to where it leads to). I don’t see the issues of your heart so there’s nothing personal….:) But you should know that not all can/ will show favoritism to the external characteristics of such humor especially the believers who are young or in their weakened state. <O:tongue</O:tongue

:chinhmmm...:biggrin:) peace Elijah23

Okay, you can drive the get-away car. One thing: Don't tell Vic or Mike about this. If you do, they will want in on the action and we will have to divide the money up five ways instead of three.

May I offer something practical before this thread sinks any further?

Check out Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" to get out of debt and set-up a budget. You should have no trouble making it to retirement, debt free, if you have a plan and stick to it. The bible says the borrower is slave to the lender and we have a responsibility as financial stewards of God's gifts to use them wisely.

Check out Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" to get out of debt and set-up a budget. You should have no trouble making it to retirement, debt free, if you have a plan and stick to it. The bible says the borrower is slave to the lender and we have a responsibility as financial stewards of God's gifts to use them wisely.

We're just trying to have a little fun.

It's called "tongue-in-cheek" humor.

"Tongue-in-cheek" humor is when you say ridiculous things as if you really meant them.

I like to laugh once in a while. I like to try to make others laugh sometimes. I think it is a good thing.

I don't think you "sink" when you try to make people laugh. I think you rise.

I think you sink when you try to hurt people.

I think you sink when you try to stir up trouble for someone simply because you don't like him.

That's what I think. What do you think?

Agreed. Just dont get M.S. on your journey to retirement. And don't allow your teen son to get cancer, either. If you can manage that, then yes, you should be ok.

But that is hijacking a fun thread with serious discussion. So....................

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit.
Bill Cosby

I suppose Pizzaguy and Car Guy want in on this too. We’ll have to take a bus to the robbery.

It might be easier if we just print up some counterfeit money.

Of course, robbing a convenience store would be more exciting than printing up counterfeit bills.

We’ll each need a handkerchief to tie around our faces and conceal our identities.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back