Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation 13:7a

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dear Brother kiwidan, are you somehow confusing the following scripture with the rapture of the Church?

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

This occurs at a time just prior to the thousand year reign of Christ, and to illustrate who He is speaking of the next scriptures show them to be those taken in Judgment during Noah’s time. The taking away was the bad part to await judgment at the Great White Throne.

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not (those marrying and giving in marriage) until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
:wave2
Amen,
The first ones taken are the ones that perished....

As a so called rapture has nothing to do with salvation, as in, knowone needs to believe in a rapture to be saved, its not really something I bother getting into or care to much about. If it happens so be it.

Why I dont bother is not because im not a bible scholar, but more the fact it divides the church on opinions and is only a modern teaching/doctrine, from I guess the 1600s or somewhere around there, and not the first century, so it kind of crept its way into the church.

But as it goes its not a salvation issue, maybe just a peice of someones fantesy deception.

But you see, without contextual understanding it is, indeed possible to go to your understand here but god is infinitely more wise than we

The Word is reliable. Just difficult to peer into. We all see in part regardless. I really don't care to see or know everything anyway. I believe the common term is TMI.

and He knew, when He had this chapter recorded that context would be required. The above verses, quoted by myself, are the explanation Jesus gave for the parable of the Tares and the wheat. These verses are about the End, a good thousand years after the Rapture event.

That's novel.

As a so called rapture has nothing to do with salvation, as in, knowone needs to believe in a rapture to be saved, its not really something I bother getting into or care to much about. If it happens so be it.

Why I dont bother is not because im not a bible scholar, but more the fact it divides the church on opinions and is only a modern teaching/doctrine, from I guess the 1600s or somewhere around there, and not the first century, so it kind of crept its way into the church.

But as it goes its not a salvation issue, maybe just a peice of someones fantesy deception.
You're right, it is not a salvation but I have yet to see it be a matter of division. It is, often, a topic for passionate discussion. These types of discussions are great because everyone, no matter their opinion, leaves knowing mpore about the other people.

You're right, it is not a salvation but I have yet to see it be a matter of division. It is, often, a topic for passionate discussion. These types of discussions are great because everyone, no matter their opinion, leaves knowing mpore about the other people.

You don't see it because you are not post trib.
In fact, most of the church today is pre trib and no one outside of forums even talks about post trib, what it means, what the church once believed, etc..
Try being post trib and try talking to people about it and see how fast you get separated from everyone else.
They'll call you a trouble maker and treat you as such.

You don't see it because you are not post trib.
In fact, most of the church today is pre trib and no one outside of forums even talks about post trib, what it means, what the church once believed, etc..
Try being post trib and try talking to people about it and see how fast you get separated from everyone else.
They'll call you a trouble maker and treat you as such.
Well, once upon a time i was young and when I was young I enjoyed taking a position, opposite of any other position and debating the issue, I was young. Somewhere between thirty-five and fifty, I matured and no longer enjoyed childish endeavors, I grew up.

If I were still young I would do as you suggest but I am no longer young. Now I have become true to myself and I am no longer comfortable lying to people. Perhaps you are correct but I am not that way and folks that fall inside the narrow biblical definition, as I see it, of what a Christian is will not turn you out either.

This is not a devisive issue! The basics for being a saved person (Bride or Guest at the Wedding Feast) are clearly spelled out and my answer is and I believe always will be to the Mid and the Post Trib believers is, "See you when we both rise to meet the King."

This is not a devisive issue to the Followers of Jesus, the Christ. God has blessed you, just as Hne has me anjd who in the world am I to try pushing you off the ships deck?

Oh, I don't know. Do you think preaching the Gospel will still be preached to the unsaved during the millennial? (in whatever version you hold for same)
Please, be civil. I asked an honest question and I expect you to not fly off like the Atheists do. Answer the question and you can, then, ask a question and expect the courtesy from me.

Please, be civil. I asked an honest question and I expect you to not fly off like the Atheists do. Answer the question and you can, then, ask a question and expect the courtesy from me.

You asked me how so. I asked you a simple question to assess your sight of the millennial. If you see anything uncivil in that on my part, save the answer to yourself.

Doesn't matter to me what you hold on the subject.

You asked me how so. I asked you a simple question to assess your sight of the millennial. If you see anything uncivil in that on my part, save the answer to yourself.

Doesn't matter to me what you hold on the subject.
Look, you're spoiling for a fight, I see that and at the moment I am aware of the need to tip toe as though on egg shells because of the last exchange. It is not civil, nor is it Christian you are tracking in this manor so why don't we just drop the Lost Man Attitudes and we act like Christians discussing a matter? I asked an honest question and it does deserve an answer from a Christian Man.

I ask you once more, don't do this, please.

Look, you're spoiling for a fight, I see that and at the moment I am aware of the need to tip toe as though on egg shells because of the last exchange. It is not civil, nor is it Christian you are tracking in this manor so why don't we just drop the Lost Man Attitudes and we act like Christians discussing a matter? I asked an honest question and it does deserve an answer from a Christian Man.

I ask you once more, don't do this, please.
I just asked you one simple question about your view on the millennial and you blew up. I answered your question several posts back.

Move on. Ain't worth discussin.

Cant we all just get along. That sentence Paul wrote is prophetic 'i hear there is division among you', see, Paul is talking to you fools trying to keep you on track, keep his advice and stop arguing over scripture as it solves nothing, just divides.

Cant we all just get along. That sentence Paul wrote is prophetic 'i hear there is division among you', see, Paul is talking to you fools trying to keep you on track, keep his advice and stop arguing over scripture as it solves nothing, just divides.
Amen, Dan.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back