Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation 5

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Revelation to John 5:10:
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

There are millions of Christians, I believe, that have never seen ths verse in the scriptures. Folks just get upset with the idea that we will reign under but with Jesus on the world, but we will!

First of all, I said a prayer for your lesson today as I caught your post saying you will be teaching this Sunday.

And not only have Christians never seen that verse, but therein lies the whole purpose of the Church to begin with! It's not about "dying and going to heaven".

We reign on earth now, in Christ. “The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

So, tell me, Lehigh, how's your reigning going these days? How about you take care of Iran and make them celebrate the feast of Tabernacles (coming up) the way Zechariah says? Let's tell the persecuted Christians in China to get off their duffs, grab their scepters and start straightening out the government over there so that everyone submits to the Lord the way Luke 1:32 says of the throne of David. Because I see the world getting worse and worse and not turned to the Lordship of Christ so we all better get going.

In Judaism there is no such thing as angels. Angels are part of the Pagan religion. The word messenger has been given the interpretation "angel.
I´m, truly, sorry but that truth has what effect on what is being taught and if none why would you allow Satan to influence you to say such?

So, tell me, Lehigh, how's your reigning going these days? How about you take care of Iran and make them celebrate the feast of Tabernacles (coming up) the way Zechariah says? Let's tell the persecuted Christians in China to get off their duffs, grab their scepters and start straightening out the government over there so that everyone submits to the Lord the way Luke 1:32 says of the throne of David. Because I see the world getting worse and worse and not turned to the Lordship of Christ so we all better get going.
Tim,
we had a very active and fun lesson this morning and the Lord has given us a good soaking rain for the drought and then you give me a very good belly laugh! What more can the children of God ask?

You seem to have an Islamist's idea for what it means to reign with God. Who needs a scepter when you've got an AK47.:armed

I see that the world has been getting better for the past two thousand years, and it's all due to the influence of the Holy Spirit.:twocents

Tim,
we had a very active and fun lesson this morning and the Lord has given us a good soaking rain for the drought and then you give me a very good belly laugh! What more can the children of God ask?

Good that your lesson went well, bro! Isn't God good? Blessings to you.

In Judaism there is no such thing as angels. Angels are part of the Pagan religion. The word messenger has been given the interpretation "angel.

ok so if so then you just killed the idea of the angel gabriel , for what was he? a man?or a spirit that took form to be seen

and also jesus claimed the title malachi yhwh when he said i am the good sheppard.

better in that we use science more to kill men then to save lives

the function of nasa wasnt for exploration but to ensure we were one up on the soviets and vice versa.

please we spend more on killing men then helping them. God kingdom isnt here physically. his kingdom is only for those that repented and when it comes here there wont be any secular govts left.

the freedom of to worship the devil isnt a right for the person in his kingdom.

if not i can set up an altar to baal in my local church and god wouldnt mind would he?

ok so if so then you just killed the idea of the angel gabriel , for what was he? a man?or a spirit that took form to be seen

and also jesus claimed the title malachi yhwh when he said i am the good sheppard.

The word "angel" literally means "messenger."

Hebrew NASB Number: 4397

Hebrew Word: ‏מַלְאָךְ‎

Transliterated Word: malak (521c)
Root: from an unused word;

Definition: a messenger:--

List of English Words and Number of Times Used
ambassadors (2),
angel (101),
angels (9),
envoys (1),
messenger (24),
messengers (76).
New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.

The problem in our current understanding of the word "angel" is that it conjures up visions of spirit-beings with wings to guard, announce, and avenge. Sometimes that's true.

But sometimes an angel is nothing more than another human being with a service or message to minister to us in a time of need.

So, tell me, Lehigh, how's your reigning going these days? How about you take care of Iran and make them celebrate the feast of Tabernacles (coming up) the way Zechariah says?

Why would they? Do you?

As far as Iran is concerned, that's why God instituted governments like ours: to protect people from the evil plans and actions of others. You don't think the world is better because of America's existence for the past 300 years??? :o

Let's tell the persecuted Christians in China to get off their duffs, grab their scepters and start straightening out the government over there so that everyone submits to the Lord the way Luke 1:32 says of the throne of David.

You don't win hearts by wielding power but by yielding in love. Or do you believe Christ could have won victory on the cross by "getting off His duff" and summoning legions of angels to kill those who crucified Him? :bigfrown

Because I see the world getting worse and worse and not turned to the Lordship of Christ so we all better get going.

You're a real "glass is half empty" kinda' guy, huh? :biggrin

I´m, truly, sorry but that truth has what effect on what is being taught and if none why would you allow Satan to influence you to say such?
If you are going to try and teach people, then you should have more then one Exhaustive Concordance and bible dictionary. The word "angel" is not in the Old Testament it is an interpretation for the word "messenger." Angels are not a teaching of Judaism. The belief in angels comes from Paganism. The Bible uses the terms מלאך אלהים (melakh Elohiym; messenger of God), מלאך יהוה (melakh Adonai; messenger of the Lord), בני אלוהים (b'nai Elohiym; sons of God) and הקודשים (ha-qodeshim; the holy ones) to refer to beings traditionally interpreted as angels. The word "angel" in English (from Old English and German Engel), French (from Old French angele), Spanish, and many other Romance languages are derived from the Latin angelus, itself derived from Koine Greek: άγγελος, angelos, "messenger" (pl. άγγελοι). The ultimate etymology of that word in Greek is uncertain.
The rationalist view of angels, as held by Maimonides, Gersonides, Samuel Ibn Tibbon, etc., states that God's actions are never mediated by a violation of the laws of nature. Rather, all such interactions are by way of messengers. Maimonides harshly states that the average person's understanding of the term "angel" is ignorant in the extreme.

According to Maimonides, the wise man understands that what the Bible and Talmud refer to as "angels" are actually metaphors for laws of nature, or the principles by which the universe operates.

The origin of angels in history is quite complicated to figure out, due to angels or similar spirit beings being found within many cultures around the globe.

Angels are also found within Sumerian, Babylonian, Persian, Egyptian and Greek writings. Serapis (Latin spelling, or Sarapis in Greek) was a syncretic Hellenistic-Egyptian god in Antiquity. It is well known that ancient Sumerian texts predated the Hebrew book of Genesis, including the idea of the existence of angels.
Although called different names, angels can also be found within other religions, mythologies, and lore. Hinduism has avatars, Buddhism has devas and bodhisattvas, the Greeks wrote about daimons, and other spirit beings similar to angels, such as guardian spirits and spirit guides, have been taught by tribal cultures.

The reality is this from a biblical perspective. A messenger of God is a person either here on earth, or from the Kingdom of God. The number of wings is symbolic of status, nothing more. The difference being a real person, or Pagan mythology.

If you are going to try and teach people, then you should have more then one Exhaustive Concordance and bible dictionary. The word "angel" is not in the Old Testament it is an interpretation for the word "messenger." Angels are not a teaching of Judaism. The belief in angels comes from Paganism. The Bible uses the terms מלאך אלהים (melakh Elohiym; messenger of God), מלאך יהוה (melakh Adonai; messenger of the Lord), בני אלוהים (b'nai Elohiym; sons of God) and הקודשים (ha-qodeshim; the holy ones) to refer to beings traditionally interpreted as angels. The word "angel" in English (from Old English and German Engel), French (from Old French angele), Spanish, and many other Romance languages are derived from the Latin angelus, itself derived from Koine Greek: άγγελος, angelos, "messenger" (pl. άγγελοι). The ultimate etymology of that word in Greek is uncertain.
The rationalist view of angels, as held by Maimonides, Gersonides, Samuel Ibn Tibbon, etc., states that God's actions are never mediated by a violation of the laws of nature. Rather, all such interactions are by way of messengers. Maimonides harshly states that the average person's understanding of the term "angel" is ignorant in the extreme.

According to Maimonides, the wise man understands that what the Bible and Talmud refer to as "angels" are actually metaphors for laws of nature, or the principles by which the universe operates.

The origin of angels in history is quite complicated to figure out, due to angels or similar spirit beings being found within many cultures around the globe.

Angels are also found within Sumerian, Babylonian, Persian, Egyptian and Greek writings. Serapis (Latin spelling, or Sarapis in Greek) was a syncretic Hellenistic-Egyptian god in Antiquity. It is well known that ancient Sumerian texts predated the Hebrew book of Genesis, including the idea of the existence of angels.
Although called different names, angels can also be found within other religions, mythologies, and lore. Hinduism has avatars, Buddhism has devas and bodhisattvas, the Greeks wrote about daimons, and other spirit beings similar to angels, such as guardian spirits and spirit guides, have been taught by tribal cultures.

The reality is this from a biblical perspective. A messenger of God is a person either here on earth, or from the Kingdom of God. The number of wings is symbolic of status, nothing more. The difference being a real person, or Pagan mythology.
But you are running down a rabbit trail that has no relevance to the subject being taught and you are attempting to derail the string to meet your personal agenda! That is not of God and I have more commentaries, concordances and copies or translations of the Bible than you are likely to believe, I am a teacher.

But you are running down a rabbit trail that has no relevance to the subject being taught and you are attempting to derail the string to meet your personal agenda! That is not of God and I have more commentaries, concordances and copies or translations of the Bible than you are likely to believe, I am a teacher.
The subject of angels came up a number of times in your thread. It is not kind to say a person is of the Devil and is not of God.

Just a quick note concerning the term "at the right hand"..

One of my friend's did a law degree some years back and at the time he was telling me how all European law etc is based on Jewish law (he was not / is not a Christian but just stating a fact he had learned). Something that occurred to me is that in an English court the defense always sits at the right hand of the judge.

When I picture war in Heaven I don't picture lightning bolts and arrows etc as that is just silly to me. All power and authority comes from God the father. I picture a battle as seen in a court room. When The arch angel argued with Satan about Moses body it was words not lightning bolts. Satan tried to build a throne above God's and is going to sit trial on the day of judgement. Until then accuses us day and night as seen in various places such as in Job. Jesus on the other hand is our defense.

I just thought this picture of Jesus as the defense seated at the right hand of the ultimate judge (God our Father) was quite a nice little illustration / thought :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back