Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation - do we really know it ALL?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mutzrein

A little while ago the story of Martin Luther’s revelation of the just living by faith grabbed my attention.

Thank God that He has chosen to reveal truth to man and even though many may not want to, or should I say - be able to, hear it, God’s purposes will not be thwarted by their antithesis. And as we know, others have followed. More ‘revelations’ and others building on them until in this present day we have numerous denominations that seemingly stand on their particular ‘revelation.’

So a question I have is this? Has God revealed all there is to know? Or is it possible that He, being the author of all wisdom and knowledge who has chosen to give revelation to certain ones down through the years, has yet to complete His work.

Some might say, “What is there left to know? We have the scriptures. We have the gospel. We understand God’s grace. We know God’s plan and purpose for mankind through Christ’s death and resurrection. We know the Holy Spirit has been sent by God to enable our relationship with Him. Beyond this and the instruction contained in scripture as to the outworking of this relationship, what is there to know?â€Â

Imagine if you will what would have happened if all knowledge had been given to mankind at one time. It would have destroyed him. And of course since we know God’s plan for man we know this is not possible. And let’s remember too, scripture says that in the last days knowledge will increase. And I believe, it is foolish to think that this knowledge is merely in the realm of the academic or physical matters that can only e apprehended in the flesh.

So I say, “There is yet much to be revealed.â€Â

Interesting thought, Mutz. Two verses immediately come to mind:

1 Corinthians 8:2

1...Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

1 Corinthians 13:2
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

There is so much more to know about God, it boggles my mind to think that anyone would suppose they have the last word of truth about him. I don’t believe we need to know any more than we do, however. We haven’t even understood what he cried out from the cross. If we could take in only a just small part of the magnitude of God’s love, we might be fit to grasp some of the mysteries of heaven. We might be able to love and forgive one another in some measure the way he has loved and forgiven us. Until then, I think David had the attitude:

Psalm 131:1
Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Nothing will contradict what has been revealed but we can grow in knowledge and understanding of what has been revealed. Further there is no knew doctrine pertaining to our salvation.

unred typo said:
Interesting thought, Mutz. Two verses immediately come to mind:

1 Corinthians 8:2

1...Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

1 Corinthians 13:2
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

There is so much more to know about God, it boggles my mind to think that anyone would suppose they have the last word of truth about him. I don’t believe we need to know any more than we do, however. We haven’t even understood what he cried out from the cross. If we could take in only a just small part of the magnitude of God’s love, we might be fit to grasp some of the mysteries of heaven. We might be able to love and forgive one another in some measure the way he has loved and forgiven us. Until then, I think David had the attitude:

Psalm 131:1
Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Thanks unred.

I’m pleased you have mentioned scriptures such as these because it reminds me that none of us can afford to become inflated and boastful in our own thinking. It truly is in God that we have our being so there is nothing that we have received that we can take credit for – whether it be in the realm of the natural or spiritual.

And of course I am not suggesting that any one person has the last word of truth about Him. God however, does use frail man. And there are instances in scripture even, where God has given man a gift and man has taken unto himself that gift and used it for his own end. So we know that God does raise up men of vision - prophets - men after his own heart. And sometimes they err. In fact I would say that not one, didn’t err, and that is the reason that God chooses those He does.

But when one does err, surely this does not in any way denigrate the legitimacy of the gift God has bestowed on them because at the end of the day God’s purposes are worked out – and for His glory.

thessalonian said:
Nothing will contradict what has been revealed but we can grow in knowledge and understanding of what has been revealed. Further there is no knew doctrine pertaining to our salvation.

Thanks thess.

Doesn’t catholic doctrine say that salvation can only be through the catholic church? Do you think then that any revalation from God has to be in line with catholic doctrine or is there room for God to reveal truth outside of its confines?

mutzrein said:
So a question I have is this? Has God revealed all there is to know? Or is it possible that He, being the author of all wisdom and knowledge who has chosen to give revelation to certain ones down through the years, has yet to complete His work.

What came to my mind was a story that Corrie Ten Boom used to tell about her father. She was asking him about death, but it applies to other areas as well. She was not sure that she would be able to face death when the time came.
Her father asked her "When we go to ride the train, when do I give your ticket to you?" Corrie responded "Right before we get on the train." And he explained to her that God gives us what we need ~ when we need it.

I believe that God gave us details from the beginning of the world to the end of time. His word is full of keys that unlock all sorts of understanding. There may be things in His word that we have not discovered as yet. From time to time we may discover things that have the need for more than one key in order to unlock the promises.

But I believe that God gives me what I need, when I need it.

Gabbylittleangel said:
mutzrein said:

What came to my mind was a story that Corrie Ten Boom used to tell about her father. She was asking him about death, but it applies to other areas as well. She was not sure that she would be able to face death when the time came.
Her father asked her "When we go to ride the train, when do I give your ticket to you?" Corrie responded "Right before we get on the train." And he explained to her that God gives us what we need ~ when we need it.

I believe that God gave us details from the beginning of the world to the end of time. His word is full of keys that unlock all sorts of understanding. There may be things in His word that we have not discovered as yet. From time to time we may discover things that have the need for more than one key in order to unlock the promises.

But I believe that God gives me what I need, when I need it.

Thankyou Gabby

I agree with you - and that's a great story about Corrie Ten Boom.

I have realised over the years that it is only God who can open our eyes and ears and hearts to truth. While we may physically hear someone tell us 'truth', there is nothing like the undertstanding that comes when God personalises it. :) Otherwise, I see it as just second-hand knowledge.

I agree with you too, Gabby. I love the story of Corrie Ten Boom, and her family. The Lord bless you.

mutzrein said:
So a question I have is this? Has God revealed all there is to know?
Of course not because God's wisdom is infinite and God, though not seen by anyone, does not leave mankind at any point in time. The Lord God Jesus Christ is still speaking with mankind today as in the days of the biblical times. The Lord is still the Good Pastor and Teacher of the whole mankind and He doesn't change His dealings with mankind in a way that He did to apostle Paul, it is still true today in our time.

[quote:fabd5]Or is it possible that He, being the author of all wisdom and knowledge who has chosen to give revelation to certain ones down through the years, has yet to complete His work.
God is still talking to people today who put all their trust in Him rather than only in any written scriptures. God is still the Leader, the Head, the Overseer of His flock and not any man pastors of today. We should all call on directly to God for this thing to happen in our life. We should use the bible as our guide in coming directly to God instead of using the bible as our manual in knowing God, God himself is the manual of mankind to know God by heart.
Some might say, “What is there left to know? We have the scriptures. We have the gospel. We understand God’s grace. We know God’s plan and purpose for mankind through Christ’s death and resurrection. We know the Holy Spirit has been sent by God to enable our relationship with Him.
But with whom they have known God, from the scriptures? Are the scriptures the Lord God? Who taught them what have they gotten from the scriptures?
Beyond this and the instruction contained in scripture as to the outworking of this relationship, what is there to know?â€Â
That God himself is the One whom we have to call on directly to be our only Good Pastor and Teacher of all things, be it the scriptures or anything else, in a way that He did to Paul. God is still speaking with people today.
Imagine if you will what would have happened if all knowledge had been given to mankind at one time. It would have destroyed him.
Not all things will be taught to us by God.
And of course since we know God’s plan for man we know this is not possible. And let’s remember too, scripture says that in the last days knowledge will increase. And I believe, it is foolish to think that this knowledge is merely in the realm of the academic or physical matters that can only be apprehended in the flesh
Whatever they are, just remember that all things come from God.
So I say, “There is yet much to be revealed.â€Â
[/quote:fabd5]
Yes indeed, see this one short revelation from the Lord God. The Lord said:

"I Am the Pastor. I Am the Good Pastor. Keep in your mind that there are no others who will teach you except Me. If ever that you will be explaining with each other, same will only be in accordance with your will, same will be in accordance with your own thinking. Hence, keep in your mind that whosoever will act being a pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away My post being the Good Pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away my post being the Good Pastor because you are only human beings, those of you who act as pastors, those of you who teach and standing up in front of many people, those of you who are doers of iniquities, those of you who cast out devils in My name. Keep in your mind that in My Second coming, many will call to Me saying, Lord, Lord, didn’t we do powerful works and in your name we cast out devils, we did healing. But keep in your mind, I will say to them, never at any time do I know you, I do not know you at any time, those of you who are habitual workers of iniquity, those of you who are casting out devils. Keep in your mind that if you cast out devils, you are snatching away the title role which properly belongs to Me only. If there is any being possessed by demon that you may encounter, you should only pray to Me and in that manner I Am ready to hear your prayer and I will hear your every plea that you will whisper to Me, that you will shout, that you will pray to. I will help you and I will never forsake you at any time much more to those people who are with Me and who follow Me."

"Keep in your mind that I and the Father are one. Nothing is impossible with Me because I Am the Almighty One, I, being your Lord God. Keep in your mind that whoever among mankind who performs healing in you perspective, keep in your mind that I Am the only One doing the healing that even the devil Satan who is the most strongest of all the devils, the big dragon and the old serpent who is called the devil and Satan can never get nigh with you if you carry with you My name. They can do nothing, but to persecute you. Keep in your mind that if you place yourselves to Me, prepare yourselves to persecution because you will be hated by the world. Because you are not of the world, but rather I Am choosing you from the world. Keep in you mind that I Am only besides you. Any time that you call to, I will hear you. But keep in your mind that if you will deny Me, you have nowhere to go, but hardship and tribulation."

Hey Scorpia

I'm just wondering about the short 'revelation' you have stated. When and where did the Lord say that?

mutzrein said:
Hey Scorpia

I'm just wondering about the short 'revelation' you have stated. When and where did the Lord say that?
Actually it is a long one and what I had posted in this forum is just an excerpt of the message. It was given to us on the 4th quarter of the year 2001 while we were travelling along the Ayala Avenue in Makati City, Philippines on our way to a music store to buy some religious songs. It was given in Tagalog language and just translated them to English (please bear with our translation especially on some parts which maybe vague to you). For the information of everybody, here is the full text of the message which is address to all nations and tongues.

The Almighty Lord God said:

"All of you who will listen, do listen. I Am your Lord God, to whom will you be afraid of? I, as the Almighty One, to whom will you be frightened with? Keep in your mind that if I Am the One beside you, you have nothing to fear of, you have nothing to worry about because I Am the One to get you out of any tragedy should you put your trust in Me and if you will treat Me as your salvation and eternal life. Being your Lord that you will only worship and nothing more, the only One God who is existing in the whole of the heaven, the whole of the earth, and the whole of the universe either. I who created all things, I who give life to you, to whom will you go with? If not to Me you have no other to go with."

"Keep in your mind that the everlasting life and your salvation are in my hands. If you want to be saved, come and get nigh with Me. If you want eternal life, come and call to Me. Put your trust in Me because if you fail to do this thing, you have no salvation and eternal life. You have nowhere to go except tragedy and tribulation. Because if you will get nigh with Me, you will attain nothing more, but peace, peace that you will attain if you will put your trust in Me, if you will trust Me with all your heart and with all your love. You will love Me with all your love and you will worship no others, but only Me, I your only One Lord."

"Keep in your mind that at all times that you need help, I am just beside you, though if you are with Me or not, I Am just beside you illuminating your way so that you can see the light much more that you can see the way leading to the kingdom of heaven if you go back to Me, refrain from your evil ways and face my footprints and follow the light of the world. Keep in your mind that I Am your Jealous Lord God, hence, you have no other to worship, but only Me. You have no other to call to in time of your needs except my name and I will take you out wherever you are and even a tiny scars you will not get if it is My will."

"Keep in your mind that I Am the keeper of your life and your life is dependent on Me. Keep in your mind that if at first you are not with Me, there is a demon hovering around you to tempt you, this will be doubled if you place yourself with Me. If there were three demons with you at first, these will become more than ten once you placed yourself with Me because they will pull you away for you to be led astray of the way. Keep in your mind that I Am always with you, in the same way that all of you are with Me and all of you who will call to Me in the right way I do hereby choose you from this world. I do hereby choose you to spread my Holy Word. Go ye and make all nations My followers and disciples and I Am baptizing you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

"Keep in your mind that if at first you are in alliance with this world, in your placing yourself with Me, you will be hated by this world because you do not belong to the world anymore, but rather I am choosing you in this world to spread my Holy Word. Keep in your mind that in all the things that you will do, I Am just behind you. Keep in your mind that in every move you make, in every whisper of your heart, in every shout of your emotion, hereby do I hear always, hence, you have nothing to hide, not even those that you do not move with your mouth, I will know them. And keep in your mind that no other will be saved in the world except those people who are loyal to Me, who are calling to Me, who are following the will of My Father, following My will, following my commands, worship no other but Me, putting into practice all my commandments true to their will and this My church, the Church of Christ."

"Not that anyone will be saved if you are within My Church which they call today Church of Christ, but the truth with this, this only belongs men. Keep in your mind that My Church is not boastful, preaching that they are the only ones who will be saved, but rather My Church is spreading salvation, not spreading that they are the only ones who will be saved. The duty of My Church is to spread My Holy Word, to guide people who go astray of the way and worship none other, but I, your Almighty Lord God."

"Keep in your mind that with Me, nothing is impossible, hence, whatever you will ask which to you is impossible, but same will be for your goodness sake, I will not be selfish to you. I will not be selfish to what you are asking for. And keep in your mind that in My Church, no one among mankind will stand up to explain the holy scriptures or to guide people that they will be explaining and they will be acting being a pastor because in My Church, I Am the only Pastor who will stand up in front of you. Keep in your mind that the two or three conversing about Myself without any debate, I Am in the midst of them."

"Keep in your mind that in My Ministry or in My Church, all of you are equal with each other, none is above and none is below, none is rich and none is poor, none is short and none is tall, none is ill and none is healthy, all of you are at par with each other. If anyhow you are with impairment, you are still at same level with those who are without impairment because all of you are already healed spiritually. Because what you are feeling are only in flesh."

"I Am the Pastor. I Am the Good Pastor. Keep in your mind that there are no others who will teach you except Me. If ever that you will be explaining with each other, same will only be in accordance with your will, same will be in accordance with your own thinking. Hence, keep in your mind that whosoever will act being a pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away My post being the Good Pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away my post being the Good Pastor because you are only human beings, those of you who act as pastors, those of you who teach and standing up in front of many people, those of you who are doers of iniquities, those of you who cast out devils in My name. Keep in your mind that in My Second coming, many will call to Me saying, Lord, Lord, didn’t we do powerful works and in your name we cast out devils, we did healing. But keep in your mind, I will say to them, never at any time do I know you, I do not know you at any time, those of you who are habitual workers of iniquity, those of you who are casting out devils. Keep in your mind that if you cast out devils, you are snatching away the title role which properly belongs to Me only. If there is any being possessed by demon that you may encounter, you should only pray to Me and in that manner I Am ready to hear your prayer and I will hear your every plea that you will whisper to Me, that you will shout, that you will pray to. I will help you and I will never forsake you at any time much more to those people who are with Me and who follow Me."

"Keep in your mind that I and the Father are one. Nothing is impossible with Me because I Am the Almighty One, I, being your Lord God. Keep in your mind that whoever among mankind who performs healing in you perspective, keep in your mind that I Am the only One doing the healing that even the devil Satan who is the most strongest of all the devils, the big dragon and the old serpent who is called the devil and Satan can never get nigh with you if you carry with you My name. They can do nothing, but to persecute you. Keep in your mind that if you place yourselves to Me, prepare yourselves to persecution because you will be hated by the world. Because you are not of the world, but rather I Am choosing you from the world. Keep in you mind that I Am only besides you. Any time that you call to, I will hear you. But keep in your mind that if you will deny Me, you have nowhere to go, but hardship and tribulation."

"If you will notice, what is happening to the world, who are calling to Me? Who are calling in My name? None. Only few among mankind. Does the world attain peace? Because what they are using are their own wisdom and never at all that they do pray unto Me. What happen? Killing. And the disease that is now spreading is a punishment for those people who will keep an alliance with any one of the two party who are now fiery fighting with each other. Because My Church does not join in at any time in any trouble, but rather she has been bringing peace and teaching the right way in order to become peaceful the place where there is trouble."

"You should keep in your mind all of the teachings that I Am giving you and you will worship no others except Me. I, being your Lord God, I, as the Good Shepherd, I as the Savior of the world, I who created you, I who is healing you, I who give you life, I the Almighty One that with Me nothing is impossible, thus, you have nowhere to go but only to Me. Therefore, all of you should be joyful and jubilant because you have seen the surface of this world. Be joyful on the day that you were born because you have seen the evil ways of the world and the good deeds of those people who placed themselves with Me. Whereas you are lucky that I gave you life for you to walk in the way leading to My kingdom. Keep in your mind that I Am only besides you. Anytime that you call to, I Am ready to answer you and I Am ready to help. Keep in your mind all that I Am teaching you and I will never leave you because I knew you already and you knew Me, too. Keep in your mind that no one among mankind has the right to explain the Holy Scriptures because you do not know in what way should that be explained, but rather you should do the explanation within yourselves only in accordance with your thinking, in accordance with how you understand it. Keep in your mind that in My Church, no one among mankind will stand up being a pastor because in My Church I Am the Good Shepherd."

There are many more teachings and prophecies given to us by the Lord and if the Lord permits, we will share them to you little by little so that you may know how the Lord God Jesus Christ is existing today in our very own time. God bless you bro.

Thanks scorpia - So you are saying that this is some sort of 'prophetic' utterance? I've heard this type of thing in many churches /groups over the years but this is not what I would say is 'revelation' but rather some words that a particular person (or group) believes God is saying that the church should 'keep in mind'.

mutzrein said:
Thanks scorpia - So you are saying that this is some sort of 'prophetic' utterance? I've heard this type of thing in many churches /groups over the years but this is not what I would say is 'revelation' but rather some words that a particular person (or group) believes God is saying that the church should 'keep in mind'.
This is not a prophetic utterance but a direct utterance from the Lord God Jesus
Christ and the message is clear from the very beginning that those who will listen may listen attentively to the Lord God Jesus Christ, not to me nor to us, who is just besides you, me, them, and all of mankind at any point in time. We are not promoting any group membership nor a church in particular but just to tell the people to seek their own salvation who is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself so that when were able to do this thing, then and there that they will know from the Lord God himself the things that they must do to be with the Lord's custody unto their death.

scorpia said:
mutzrein said:
This is not a prophetic utterance but a direct utterance from the Lord God Jesus Christ and the message is clear from the very beginning that those who will listen may listen attentively to the Lord God Jesus Christ, not to me nor to us, who is just besides you, me, them, and all of mankind at any point in time. We are not promoting any group membership nor a church in particular but just to tell the people to seek their own salvation who is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself so that when were able to do this thing, then and there that they will know from the Lord God himself the things that they must do to be with the Lord's custody unto their death.
Oh, OK - often a person who delivers such a message is seen as a prophet. So, is Jesus conveying this message through an individual or group or . . .?

Can you explain what you mean by telling people to "seek their own salvation who is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself so that when were able to do this thing, then and there that they will know from the Lord God himself the things that they must do to be with the Lord's custody unto their death."

mutzrein said:
mutzrein said:
Oh, OK - often a person who delivers such a message is seen as a prophet. So, is Jesus conveying this message through an individual or group or . . .?
All of us are just at same level in the eyes of the Lord and Moses, Elijah, Mutzrein, Scorpia, and all others are just at par with each other and no one among them is above with the others, only the Lord is high and above us all. We are all students and only the Lord is the Teacher, Professor, Instructor, and the likes. The Lord teaches that we are considered one family in the Philippines and other families are out there in the different parts of the globe. We do not say that we are the only family being used as conveyance by the Lord in our time today, there are many out there and we do not know them nor their whereabouts.

mutzrein said:
Can you explain what you mean by telling people to "seek their own salvation who is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself so that when were able to do this thing, then and there that they will know from the Lord God himself the things that they must do to be with the Lord's custody unto their death."
It means that you seek the Lord God Jesus Christ himself literally in the same way when you are seeking your lost relatives, parents, siblings, children whey they are kidnapped or lost somewhere so that you may be able to see them and hear them again talking to you alive and real. In the case of the Lord when you find Him, you will hear Him vocally but not in His real voice for you will surely die, you will see Him not in His real image but in the works that the Lord God will do to you. After then, the Lord will teach you the things that you must do for you to be able to maintain yourself being in the flock of the Lord God Jesus Christ who is now your Good Pastor and Teacher in your life. You do not have to come to us nor to see us to do this thing, all you need is your decision to seek and come to the Lord God Jesus Christ wholeheartedly and put yourself under the custody of the Lord who is just beside you right now waiting for your next move. These are all literal and not symbolical that you will come to live and sup with the Lord as the Lord did to the people in the biblical times. With the Lord, there is no difference whatsoever in His dealing between them (the biblical people) and ours at any point in time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back