Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reviews are in: Biden knocked it out of the park

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is terrible. It's now pretty well known that Sen. Britt lied in her "Republican Response", but it gets even worse.....

So Don the Con deliberately made it more difficult for victims of human trafficking to make their way through the US immigration system, and made it more likely that they would be deported, all of which made the victims more reluctant to seek help and refuge in the US.

Thankfully President Biden reversed those intentionally cruel and dangerous policies.

According to news reports, he arrived in the US legally with his wife. Therefore it is incorrect to refer to him as an "illegal alien". Facts matter dude.
Post your source. I've seen numerous news reports that state he entered the U.S. illegally.

Post your source. I've seen numerous news reports that state he entered the U.S. illegally.
He and his wife are from Venezuela, which means immigrants from there have temporary protected status.

THIS local news article makes that same point, but links to a NY Post article that quite frankly, is just bizarre. The NY Post tries to say he and his wife aren't asylum seekers, but then quotes his wife as saying they got married so they could "join their asylum cases" and that their asylum cases "would take years in court".

The only thing I can figure is the NY Post is trying to say they are "illegal aliens" not because they came here illegally, but because the NY Post doesn't believe their asylum claims are valid.

Well, if that's the case then they should be quite angry with Donald, since he ordered Republicans to kill the bipartisan immigration reform bill that would have significantly rolled back the asylum system. But then (to repeat) that would involve acknowledging facts and valuing accuracy, which doesn't seem to be their thing. They're more interested in playing to emotions, facts be damned.

He and his wife are from Venezuela, which means immigrants from there have temporary protected status.

THIS local news article makes that same point, but links to a NY Post article that quite frankly, is just bizarre. The NY Post tries to say he and his wife aren't asylum seekers, but then quotes his wife as saying they got married so they could "join their asylum cases" and that their asylum cases "would take years in court".

The only thing I can figure is the NY Post is trying to say they are "illegal aliens" not because they came here illegally, but because the NY Post doesn't believe their asylum claims are valid.

Well, if that's the case then they should be quite angry with Donald, since he ordered Republicans to kill the bipartisan immigration reform bill that would have significantly rolled back the asylum system. But then (to repeat) that would involve acknowledging facts and valuing accuracy, which doesn't seem to be their thing. They're more interested in playing to emotions, facts be damned.
According too this article and a few others that I've read, he entered the United States illegally in 2022.

According too this article and a few others that I've read, he entered the United States illegally in 2022.

That article doesn't give any citation or other info to back that up. That, plus their other article I mentioned earlier where they say he and his wife got married so they could "join their asylum cases" and they cite how their asylum hearings "will take years", very much indicates that they came here as legal asylum seekers.

Obviously people who come here illegally don't have asylum cases, right?

That article doesn't give any citation or other info to back that up. That, plus their other article I mentioned earlier where they say he and his wife got married so they could "join their asylum cases" and they cite how their asylum hearings "will take years", very much indicates that they came here as legal asylum seekers.
If he was concerned about their asylum cases, assuming that the story isn't fake, then why did he murder the girl?

Obviously people who come here illegally don't have asylum cases, right?
Anyone can claim asylum. That's a problem that needs to be solved. However, given his actions, I'm more inclined to believe that he was here illegally.

If he was concerned about their asylum cases, assuming that the story isn't fake, then why did he murder the girl?
Dude, really? You've never heard of people committing crimes while out on parole, on probation, or out on bail?

Anyone can claim asylum. That's a problem that needs to be solved.
Gee, if only there was a bipartisan bill that did exactly that. Oh wait, there is and Don the Con ordered Republicans to not let it come to a vote in the House....because it would pass.

However, given his actions, I'm more inclined to believe that he was here illegally.
Huh? That doesn't make sense. See, this is the reason Barbarian and others keep posting the data that shows illegal immigrants are more law-abiding than US citizens; we're trying to get y'all to incorporate that information into your thinking.

Just all shameless propaganda. Not a shred of balance in the perspective of what you've offered in this thread. Why do you bother? This stuff is so extremely partisan it borders on the silly.

Just all shameless propaganda. Not a shred of balance in the perspective of what you've offered in this thread. Why do you bother? This stuff is so extremely partisan it borders on the silly.
Then offer your own perspective and we can have a discussion or even debate.

Don't just sit on the sidelines and throw rocks....get in the game! :shades

Dude, really? You've never heard of people committing crimes while out on parole, on probation, or out on bail?
Sure. But if you're waiting for your asylum case to go through, why would you murder someone? It doesn't make sense.

Gee, if only there was a bipartisan bill that did exactly that. Oh wait, there is and Don the Con ordered Republicans to not let it come to a vote in the House....because it would pass.
I'm sure it would pass. But it's election season. That would give Biden a win and make him look better than he actually is on the border issue. Remember, he denied it even existed for years. It wasn't until his fellow party members began attacking, that he finally changed his position.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. See, this is the reason Barbarian and others keep posting the data that shows illegal immigrants are more law-abiding than US citizens; we're trying to get y'all to incorporate that information into your thinking.
That's precisely my point. Whether people enter the country illegally or are here for asylum, they usually don't go around murdering American citizens. So why did the guy murder someone if he was waiting for his asylum case to be heard? Furthermore, why are there contradicting stories about this? Some stories say he was greeted illegally, while others say he and his wife were claiming asylum.

Sure. But if you're waiting for your asylum case to go through, why would you murder someone? It doesn't make sense.
Why do people out on parole, out on bail, or on probation murder people?

I'm sure it would pass. But it's election season. That would give Biden a win and make him look better than he actually is on the border issue.
LOL. You can't complain about the state of immigration and the asylum system while also advocating that the bill that would address it all not be allowed to pass because doing so would help President Biden politically. If things really were so terrible, you'd be all in on passing a bill that has even been endorsed by the conservative Border Patrol Union.

I mean, do you realize what you're doing here?

The border is a mess and our immigration system is broken!!

Here's a bipartisan bill that addresses those things, is quite conservative, and is backed by Border Patrol agents.

Oh...um, we can't allow that to pass, because it would be good for President Biden.

So just leave things as they are?

Yeah, I guess so.

Then it must not be that bad, eh?​

That's precisely my point. Whether people enter the country illegally or are here for asylum, they usually don't go around murdering American citizens. So why did the guy murder someone if he was waiting for his asylum case to be heard?
See above. I guess you've never in your life seen cases where people do terrible and stupid things. Must be nice.

Furthermore, why are there contradicting stories about this? Some stories say he was greeted illegally, while others say he and his wife were claiming asylum.
All I've seen saying they are here illegally was from the NY Post, which as I pointed out earlier completely contradicted itself (i.e., saying they are illegal immigrants while also citing their asylum cases).

Why do people out on parole, out on bail, or on probation murder people?
I guess because they're stupid.

LOL. You can't complain about the state of immigration and the asylum system while also advocating that the bill that would address it all not be allowed to pass because doing so would help President Biden politically. If things really were so terrible, you'd be all in on passing a bill that has even been endorsed by the conservative Border Patrol Union.

I mean, do you realize what you're doing here?

The border is a mess and our immigration system is broken!!
Here's a bipartisan bill that addresses those things, is quite conservative, and is backed by Border Patrol agents.​
Oh...um, we can't allow that to pass, because it would be good for President Biden.
So just leave things as they are?​
Yeah, I guess so.
Then it must not be that bad, eh?​
I can complain about whatever I want. Biden had years to fix the problem. But instead he waits until election season to use it as a campaign issue. Same as Trump. They're both guilty of the same thing.

All I've seen saying they are here illegally was from the NY Post, which as I pointed out earlier completely contradicted itself (i.e., saying they are illegal immigrants while also citing their asylum cases).
Perhaps they believe asylum seekers are technically illegals.

I guess because they're stupid.
There ya go.

I can complain about whatever I want.
And apparently while being oblivious to your hypocrisy.

Biden had years to fix the problem. But instead he waits until election season to use it as a campaign issue. Same as Trump. They're both guilty of the same thing.
Dude, have you already forgotten our previous discussions about Biden's supplemental funding requests, additions to the wall, etc.?

Perhaps they believe asylum seekers are technically illegals.
If they're that fundamentally ignorant, then they are not at all a reliable source for immigration information.

There ya go.
But I'm not a leftist. I don't take joy in calling other people stupid.

And apparently while being oblivious to your hypocrisy
It's been an issue since before I was born. Hypocrisy or not, I'm going to say what I think.

Dude, have you already forgotten our previous discussions about Biden's supplemental funding requests, additions to the wall, etc.?
No. Have you forgotten Biden saying in no uncertain terms, that there is no crisis at the southern border? Why do you just ignore that and act as if Biden is some sort of hardliner on border security? This is a recent development for him that was brought on by democrats attacking him and his failed policies.

Why odds it that when I concede something about Trump, you can't bring yourself to give me the same deference? Even when I point these things out about Biden, you just ignore it in favor of this bill that Trump doesn't want passed. You can't just ignore Biden's parr in this crisis and expect me to continue the conversation.

If they're that fundamentally ignorant, then they are not at all a reliable source for immigration information.
Regardless of what it is, I just want the truth on this matter. The girl that was murdered deserves that much at least.

President Biden's State of the Union speech is getting rave reviews ("fiery", "defiant", "electrifying") while the Republican response is being panned as bizarre, creepy, and cringeworthy.

There was a moment that I thought captured the difference between MAGA world and the real world quite well. A Republican tried to heckle President Biden by yelling "lies" and he responded with "look at the facts, I know you know how to read".

As I've been saying, to most of us facts matter...but not so much in MAGA world.

After the speech, Republicans quickly left the building...

...while President Biden stayed and chatted with colleagues well into the night.

Biden chatted for so long after State of the Union, the lights went down

Then we have the Republican response, delivered by Rep. Senator Katie Britt...

Expectations were so low Biden just making the speech with only a few gaffs came off as a big win.

Of course, those who wanted to actually hear about the State of the Union left still wondering. Nothing about the invasion of our country by military aged men from countries who do not like us at all, the over taxed welfare state, the crime, the use of Government against political opposition, fixing our pot hole ridden infrastructure, schools that graduate illiterates, or the rising trillions of debt that will doom us all...

Not a peep about the actual state of the union.

So he had a campaign rally, which normally draws about 25 people....biggest he ever had in years.

He succeeded in surviving the speech, and avoiding any talk about the horrible state of our union.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back