Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revive Us Again Lyrics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm a strong believer that Christians should use the King James version Bible, meditating on it day and night, memorizing much of it, and trying our best to DO exactly everything it says.

I grew up many years ago on the old song "Revive Us Again" so if anyone wants to read the lyrics of this they're here:

I took the liberty of copying the words and posting a video of the song you posted. I hope that sits well with you, as I don't mean to offend. I personally don't think many people will click on a link to read lyrics unless something that is said really strikes them. At least I don't. :) I do read lyrics that are posted. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;AeeGJiHeibU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeeGJiHeibU&feature=related[/video]

1. We praise Thee, O God!
    For the Son of Thy love,
    For Jesus Who died,
    And is now gone above.
    • Refrain:
      Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
      Hallelujah! Amen.
      Revive us again.
  2. We praise Thee, O God!
    For Thy Spirit of light,
    Who hath shown us our Savior,
    And scattered our night.
  3. All glory and praise
    To the Lamb that was slain,
    Who hath borne all our sins,
    And hath cleansed every stain.
  4. All glory and praise
    To the God of all grace,
    Who hast brought us, and sought us,
    And guided our ways.
  5. Revive us again;
    Fill each heart with Thy love;
    May each soul be rekindled
    With fire from above.

I took the liberty of copying the words and posting a video of the song you posted. I hope that sits well with you, as I don't mean to offend. I personally don't think many people will click on a link to read lyrics unless something that is said really strikes them. At least I don't. :) I do read lyrics that are posted. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;AeeGJiHeibU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeeGJiHeibU&feature=related[/video]

1. We praise Thee, O God!
    For the Son of Thy love,
    For Jesus Who died,
    And is now gone above.
    • Refrain:
      Hallelujah! Amen.
      Revive us again.
  2. We praise Thee, O God!
    For Thy Spirit of light,
    Who hath shown us our Savior,
    And scattered our night.
  3. All glory and praise
    To the Lamb that was slain,
    Who hath borne all our sins,
    And hath cleansed every stain.
  4. All glory and praise
    To the God of all grace,
    Who hast brought us, and sought us,
    And guided our ways.
  5. Revive us again;
    Fill each heart with Thy love;
    May each soul be rekindled
    With fire from above.

Thirstyone:

This is a really great hymn!

I've sung it regularly over the years.

Thirstyone:

This is a really great hymn!

I've sung it regularly over the years.

Thanks for sharing that thought. It is nice to see what music interests different people. Posting songs may expose people to music they have never heard. I know I had never heard this one.

Since you have been singing it regularly, would you care to sing it for us? :biggrin Oh, yeah, we couldn't hear on the forum. Oh well, maybe you could post a song in the "What are you Listening To" in the music forum. I would love to hear and or read lyrics to a song I have never heard before. :yes

Thanks for sharing that thought. It is nice to see what music interests different people. Posting songs may expose people to music they have never heard. I know I had never heard this one.

Since you have been singing it regularly, would you care to sing it for us? :biggrin Oh, yeah, we couldn't hear on the forum. Oh well, maybe you could post a song in the "What are you Listening To" in the music forum. I would love to hear and or read lyrics to a song I have never heard before. :yes

thirstyone:

Umm...I'm not really set up with microphones, etc. :)

But it's a great hymn; there are so many old traditional hymns with a lot of truth in them, that it's a pity when all some people seem to sing is new choruses.

Blessings.

thirstyone:

Umm...I'm not really set up with microphones, etc. :)

But it's a great hymn; there are so many old traditional hymns with a lot of truth in them, that it's a pity when all some people seem to sing is new choruses.

Blessings.

I promise if you let me know when you are singing, I will listen for you and focus on hearing you...I know miracles do happen. :)

Thank you for your blessing...may I return the favor? (Blessings to you as well!]

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28. That's a secret of prayer, to look up while praying. "In the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalm 5:3.

I promise if you let me know when you are singing, I will listen for you and focus on hearing you...I know miracles do happen. :)

Thank you for your blessing...may I return the favor? (Blessings to you as well!]

I guess I should feel flattered! I do like this old hymn, anyway.

Blessings indeed!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back