Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roman Persecution

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
The first persecutions of Christians was in 67AD under Nero the sixth Emperor of Rome. This wasn't a religious persecution so much as he blamed the Christians for setting Rome on fire even though it was he that set it on fire.

The second persecution of Christians was in 81AD under Emperor Domitian. He commanded all the lineage of David be put to death. Simeon was bishop of Jerusalem and was crucified, John was boiled in oil and afterward was exiled to Patmos. Domitian made a law that no Christian, once brought before the tribunal, should be exempted from punishment without renouncing his religion. We will see this in Chapter 13 as this Roman law still exist in the end times.

Christians were forced to meet in the wilderness places, in caves and in mountains. Some met in the catacombs as they hid themselves from Roman persecutions.

Papal Rome ruled from 538AD with Emperor Justinian's decree and under the military protection of Belisarius and the beast until the deadly wound came in 1798 by General Berthier who made his entrance into Rome and abolished the papal government and established a secular one. There were over 500,000,000 Christians killed between 538 and 1798. In 1929 the deadly wound was healed when Mussolini gave the Vatican back to the Pope and established it as a country in it's own right in the Lateran Treaty. Today the Vatican has formal diplomatic relations with almost every country in the world.

Luke 21:24 Jesus spoke of the destruction of Jerusalem as they would fall by the sword and be led captive into all nations and Jerusalem would be trodden down of the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled. This happened in 70AD with the destruction of the temple by the hands of the Romans.

On May 15, 1948 Israel became a nation again

When Jerusalem was captured by Israel in the 1967 war Israel's secular government returned control of the Temple Mount to the Muslims. Ever since Jerusalem has been fighting to get the Temple Mount back and build a new temple and this will happened as prophecy given that this is where Satan will literally take his seat as he gives power, authority and this seat to the beast we will study about in Chapter 13.

Revelation 11:1, 2 explains when the time of the Gentiles will come to an end as the outer court is turned over to the Gentiles and the holy city Jerusalem will be tread under foot for three and a half years. During this time once again the Roman Empire will take control of the temple in Jerusalem and they will bring back the sacrifices in the last part of the three and a half years or at the end of Daniels seventy week vision in Daniel chapter 9. This sacrifice they make is not the sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin, but will be a sacrifice in that of persecuting Christians to death as they refuse to take the mark of the beast. The fulfillment of the times of the Gentile is that of the Gentiles that will not repent as they fulfill the prophecy of the beast and the false prophet that are thrown into the lake of fire with Satan at Gods final judgment.

Many Gentiles have come to Christ through that of Paul's preaching the word to them and many are added daily since this time of Paul's first missionary trip. Acts 15:14 Simeon declared how God at first did visit the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name as we read this also in Acts chapters 13-15 during Paul's first missionary trip. Israel was to proud as being Gods chosen people to accept a lowly meek Messiah as they were waiting for a Priestly King as in a king that had material riches. God turned to the Gentiles who were humble enough to receive salvation through Gods grace even though they did not deserve it. God was looking for a nation or people He could have mercy upon that would humble themselves before Him. Israel thinking since they are Gods chosen people deserved Gods favor, but yet rejected the Messiah set forth before them.

Paul explains the Israelite were provoked to jealousy when the word of God was brought to the Gentiles as we read in Romans 11:11-24.

Hello for_his_glory.
The believers in Christ have always been persecuted by unbelievers,

I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours. Jn.4:38

for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Mt.5:12 KJV

Hello for_his_glory.
The believers in Christ have always been persecuted by unbelievers,

I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours. Jn.4:38

for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Mt.5:12 KJV
I agree, but what I am presenting is how Israel was under Roman rule and the persecutions they went through/going through as I believe history always repeats itself.

I will also add this has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.

I agree, but what I am presenting is how Israel was under Roman rule and the persecutions they went through/going through as I believe history always repeats itself.

I will also add this has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.
I grew up thinking "Christianity" doesn't have anything to do with Jews lol. "Church" simply means something like "called out ones" Like believers are called out of the world. Like Abraham was. It doesn't matter what a persons earthly nationality is or when it was, because all believers are related to Him.

I grew up thinking "Christianity" doesn't have anything to do with Jews lol. "Church" simply means something like "called out ones" Like believers are called out of the world. Like Abraham was. It doesn't matter what a persons earthly nationality is or when it was, because all believers are related to Him.
I agree.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

I agree.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
Yes. We should all have the mind of Christ because the mind of God is to show much more mercy than we think.
What is the beast but corrupt human government, sauch as Rome? What is Bablylon but false religion on a grand scale?
Jesus defeated them already.

This world doesn't see the way God sees. Humans have been conditioned to think of power in terms of human strength.
When Jesus was transfiguered before Peter, James and John, they saw our Lord as all Heaven sees Him,

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.....And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Rev.19:11,14

Maybe that's how God sees us now.

Yes. We should all have the mind of Christ because the mind of God is to show much more mercy than we think.
What is the beast but corrupt human government, sauch as Rome? What is Bablylon but false religion on a grand scale?
Jesus defeated them already.
We should all have the same mind. But some don't study their Bible with actual discipline, asking God for understanding. They instead default to many of men's false traditions that are not even written in God's Word.

For example, the idea of the Babylon harlot of Revelation 17, the last verse of that Chapter defines that Babylon harlot...

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest
is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
KJV

How is it then, that you say, the Babylon harlot instead represents "false religion on a grand scale"? and you point to Rome?

So did Lord Jesus show in Rev.17 that Babylon harlot represents a certain "great city", or the idea of false religion?

Obviously, when we actually read... that Rev.17 Scripture, we learn the Babylon Harlot represents a "great city". And since it will be Jerusalem (Mount of Olives actually), where Jesus feet will touch down at His future return, and... Jerusalem is the "great city" of Revelation 11:8 where God's "two witnesses" in the future will appear and prophesy against the beast for 1260 days and then be killed, how come so many leave Bible Scripture about Jerusalem in that for the end of this world, and instead point to Rome, or to New York, or to the EU, or to Brussels, the U.S., i.e., just about anywhere... other than Jerusalem?

Rev 17

Mystery Babylon is described first as a great whore that sits on many waters. She is a mystery to John when the vision was given to him, but now made very clear as the beast she rides on is a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and false religious system.

The woman is arrayed in purple and scarlet colors. These are the main colors of the Catholic Church. The woman is the city of Rome known as Vatican City and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls being that of the Roman Catholic Church and all its believers through out the nations.

The seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire: (Iraq), Medo - Persian Empire: (Iran), Grecian Empire: (Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt), Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25.

These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (English), the Franks (French), Suevi (Portuguese), Visigoths (Spanish), Burgundians (Swiss), Alemanni (Germans), Lombards (Italians), Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals in northern Africa. The last three being Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals had already been destroyed by the Roman Empire before their deadly wound came in 1798. The wound was largely healed in 1929 when Mussolini gave the Vatican back to Pope Pius XI and established it as a country in it's own right in the Lateran Treaty.

The woman was drunk with power the beast (Satan) gave her as she made martyrs of the saints and prophets of God as their blood was shed for their faith in Christ Jesus as they refused to denounce Christ in order to take the mark of this beast and bow down to this one world political, economic and religious system.

The mystery of the woman is now revealed to John as being the Babylonian Empire (was, and is not). The same Empire that in time became the Roman Empire that has captured John and sent him to the isle of Patmos as a prisoner for preaching the word of God to the seven Churches in Asia. The same Empire that have always persecuted, even to death, the saints, the Prophets, the Apostles and even Christ.

The beast, being Satan, has always controlled the seven heads and ten nations as he works through those to kill, steal and destroy that which is God’s. We read back in Chapter 13 about the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth and who the son of perdition is as being Satan who works through the Luciferian religious system with their Jesuit Militant Priesthood and their false prophet being the Pontifex Maximus.

The beast that was and is not and yet is had its beginning with Nimrod and continuing with all the imperial kings, pharaohs and Roman Caesars that claimed to be priest/god/kings and held the official office and title of Pontifex Maximus who commands worship from their subjects.

The Pope, being the end of days son of perdition revealed, claims to have inherited the title Pontifex Maximus (Pontiff) directly from Babylon. Another title is Vicarius Filii Dei meaning in the place of God as he calls himself the Holy Father and the only one who can forgive sin.

When we begin with the Roman Empire ending with a deadly wound, but being revived the revived Roman Empire even today persecutes those who are God's own making many martyr's for the witness of Christ.

We should all have the same mind. But some don't study their Bible with actual discipline, asking God for understanding. They instead default to many of men's false traditions that are not even written in God's Word.

For example, the idea of the Babylon harlot of Revelation 17, the last verse of that Chapter defines that Babylon harlot...

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest
is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
KJV

How is it then, that you say, the Babylon harlot instead represents "false religion on a grand scale"? and you point to Rome?
I was referring to the Chief Priest and the rest of the Sanhedrin along with the other scholars whose word was law,

So did Lord Jesus show in Rev.17 that Babylon harlot represents a certain "great city", or the idea of false religion?
Yes, because our Lord said,

the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; Lk.11:50 KJV

Which is exactly what this harlot did,

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. Rev.18:24 KJV
Obviously, when we actually read... that Rev.17 Scripture, we learn the Babylon Harlot represents a "great city". And since it will be Jerusalem (Mount of Olives actually), where Jesus feet will touch down at His future return, and... Jerusalem is the "great city" of Revelation 11:8 where God's "two witnesses" in the future will appear and prophesy against the beast for 1260 days and then be killed, how come so many leave Bible Scripture about Jerusalem in that for the end of this world, and instead point to Rome, or to New York, or to the EU, or to Brussels, the U.S., i.e., just about anywhere... other than Jerusalem?
Maybe it's because the "mother" of all prostitutes is the first one, which existed before the nation of Israel. All others are daughters of Babylon (or Babel... confusion.)

Take a look at what Peter said,

Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. Act.4:25-26 KJV

That's what The Revelation of Jesus Christ is about. Our Lords' victory over false prophets and the kings of this world. Peters' prayer was for strength in the face of persecution and God heard him.
Peter made his case for Jesus 1st coming as King by quoting Psa.2. Psa.2 is entirely about this world until judgement day. Peter made fhat clear in Acts 2.

Rev 17

Mystery Babylon is described first as a great whore that sits on many waters. She is a mystery to John when the vision was given to him, but now made very clear as the beast she rides on is a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and false religious system.

The woman is arrayed in purple and scarlet colors. These are the main colors of the Catholic Church. The woman is the city of Rome known as Vatican City and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls being that of the Roman Catholic Church and all its believers through out the nations.

Nope. Applying the Babylon Harlot to Rome and a pope is nothing but men's leaven doctrine.

The last verse of Revelation 17 that defines... the Babylon harlot says it is a "great city". Those who have actually done their homework in God's Old Testament prophets understand God is talking about Jerusalem in a fallen worship condition with that Babylon harlot "great city".

In Ezekiel 16, God reveals how Jerusalem was originally a Jebusite city, then David was given to conquer it, and God cleansed Jerusalem, describing Jerusalem as a dirty woman that He cleansed, and spread His skirt over (symbolic of marriage). But then she (Jerusalem) played the harlot against Him.

Thus God called Jerusalem a Harlot first, because of falling away from Him into false idol worship, and that is the "great city" He is pointing to in Revelation 17.

Jerusalem also is this "great city" mentioned in Revelation 11 where God's "two witnesses" will prophecy against the beast, and be killed by the beast that ascends out the bottomless pit...

Rev 11:8
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of
the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
KJV

Revelation mentions the phrase "great city" 10 times, and only with the final 10th mention in Rev.21:10 is it about the new Jerusalem from God. All the other mention are about Jerusalem on earth in a fallen worship state.

Take a look at what Peter said,

Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. Act.4:25-26 KJV

That's what The Revelation of Jesus Christ is about. Our Lords' victory over false prophets and the kings of this world. Peters' prayer was for strength in the face of persecution and God heard him.
Peter made his case for Jesus 1st coming as King by quoting Psa.2. Psa.2 is entirely about this world until judgement day. Peter made fhat clear in Acts 2.
Christ's Revelation is actually about Satan coming again at the end of this world, in person in our earthly dimension, to work great signs, wonders, and miracles that will deceive the whole... world, except Christ's elect. That has to do with what Satan did originally in the old world when he first rebelled in coveting God's throne, which it was his job to guard (Ezekiel 28; Isaiah 14).

But brethren that dwell on men's leaven doctrines instead bypass that above understanding in God's Word about Satan, who wants to be GOD, and worshiped as GOD. No flesh man can pull that deception off at the end. Only Satan himself on earth, with his angels will be able to deceive those Christ has not sealed by The Holy Spirit (Revelation 12:7-17).

Thus Genesis with Satan's original rebellion and first deceiving flesh man to want to become as gods, is the first cover of God's Word, and Revelation about Satan coming to deceive the whole world again, and with God's final Judgment, is the back cover of God's Word. This is why the Book of Revelation has many parallels with the Book of Genesis.

Christ's Revelation is actually about Satan coming again at the end of this world, in person in our earthly dimension, to work great signs, wonders, and miracles that will deceive the whole... world, except Christ's elect. That has to do with what Satan did originally in the old world when he first rebelled in coveting God's throne, which it was his job to guard (Ezekiel 28; Isaiah 14).
You're off on the wrong foot because God doesn't need anyone to guard His Throne.
But brethren that dwell on men's leaven doctrines instead bypass that above understanding in God's Word about Satan, who wants to be GOD, and worshiped as GOD. No flesh man can pull that deception off at the end.
Anyone who transgresses Gods' word places himself in Gods' stead by violating His word.
Only Satan himself on earth, with his angels will be able to deceive those Christ has not sealed by The Holy Spirit (Revelation 12:7-17).
The Holy Spirit seals by His testimony of the individual,

He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. Jn.3:33 KJV

The Holy Spirit is One witness for or against.
Thus Genesis with Satan's original rebellion and first deceiving flesh man to want to become as gods, is the first cover of God's Word, and Revelation about Satan coming to deceive the whole world again, and with God's final Judgment, is the back cover of God's Word. This is why the Book of Revelation has many parallels with the Book of Genesis.
I see Genesis differently. Satans' original rebellion was in Heaven, not on earth. It does say the devils motivation was to overthrow, but I believe Eve sinned in ignorance. Children can be easily deceived into wrongdoing if they believe there's a benefit and no harm will follow.
It wasn't until then that her eyes were opened to what disobedience leads to.

You're off on the wrong foot because God doesn't need anyone to guard His Throne.

Anyone who transgresses Gods' word places himself in Gods' stead by violating His word.

The Holy Spirit seals by His testimony of the individual,

He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. Jn.3:33 KJV

The Holy Spirit is One witness for or against.

I see Genesis differently. Satans' original rebellion was in Heaven, not on earth. It does say the devils motivation was to overthrow, but I believe Eve sinned in ignorance. Children can be easily deceived into wrongdoing if they believe there's a benefit and no harm will follow.
It wasn't until then that her eyes were opened to what disobedience leads to.
Sorry, but I have to say you need more Bible study.

God gives a parable about Lucifer in the Ezekiel 28 chapter using the title of the flesh "king of Tyrus". God is speaking about Lucifer there, because no flesh man except Adam has ever been in God's Garden of Eden, and no flesh man is a created cherub in order to guard God's throne, which is what it shows Lucifer was create originally to do, a covering cherub. Evidently, you are ignorant of that parable and Ezekiel 28 chapter.

The idea of The Holy Spirit sealing Christ's servants in the latter days is about 'teaching' us so we will not be deceived, especially from the coming "hour of temptation" which Jesus said He would keep His faithful from because they 'kept' His Word. That is what the 'sealing' of those in Revelation 9 is about, because the 'sting' there is about the idea of deception which is what comes out of the 'mouths' of the locusts. And per Rev.12, the flood as waters that comes out the serpent's 'mouth' also represents words of deception designed to deceive the world at the end.

When Lucifer first rebelled, it involved the earth, and "great nations", as written in the parable of Ezekiel 31. This is why the Ezekiel 28:18 verse about "traffic" (merchandise) in that old world when he first rebelled.

And didn't you notice in Genesis 2 that God's Garden of Eden was once upon this earth?

Sorry, but I have to say you need more Bible study.
I wouldn't if you would examine the scripture I posted which perfectly agrees with the scripture you posted, but only when interpreted the way I'm showing you. It makes sense. But when you view scripture the way interpret it, it makes no sense.
God gives a parable about Lucifer in the Ezekiel 28 chapter using the title of the flesh "king of Tyrus". God is speaking about Lucifer there, because no flesh man except Adam has ever been in God's Garden of Eden, and no flesh man is a created cherub in order to guard God's throne, which is what it shows Lucifer was create originally to do, a covering cherub. Evidently, you are ignorant of that parable and Ezekiel 28 chapter.
I'm not ignorant of it my friend. The king of Tyre is being personified as the devil because he's an adversary of Gods'. Jesus called Peter satan for opposing the death of our Lord because at that time, he wasn't fully aware of who the Messiah is.
Believing as you and I do today, believing that He rose from the dead, would we have
abandoned Him like the Apostles did?
The idea of The Holy Spirit sealing Christ's servants in the latter days is about 'teaching' us so we will not be deceived, especially from the coming "hour of temptation" which Jesus said He would keep His faithful from because they 'kept' His Word. That is what the 'sealing' of those in Revelation 9 is about, because the 'sting' there is about the idea of deception which is what comes out of the 'mouths' of the locusts. And per Rev.12, the flood as waters that comes out the serpent's 'mouth' also represents words of deception designed to deceive the world at the end.
That's why the gospel was preached to the world. Jesus is returning as Judge of all living and dead including spirits.
When Lucifer first rebelled, it involved the earth, and "great nations", as written in the parable of Ezekiel 31.
No it didn't because the devil was cast out of Heaven for trying to take a Throne that is in Heaven.
This is why the Ezekiel 28:18 verse about "traffic" (merchandise) in that old world when he first rebelled.
No it's actually about a guy who ruled Tyre, but thought of himself as a god (like Nebuchadnezzer) until he got knocked on his rear end.
And didn't you notice in Genesis 2 that God's Garden of Eden was once upon this earth?
It still is. The flaming sword that guards the way to eternal life is no mystery. We've been staring at it through a mirror without noticing.

Example: Men may think of themselves as gods, but we die like animals,

I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. Ecc.3:18 KJV

a man hath no preeminence above a beast Ecc.3:19 KJV

Without God that is the simple truth. Angels are no different. Only the evil ones disagree. 🙂

I wouldn't if you would examine the scripture I posted which perfectly agrees with the scripture you posted, but only when interpreted the way I'm showing you. It makes sense. But when you view scripture the way interpret it, it makes no sense.
OK.
I'm not ignorant of it my friend. The king of Tyre is being personified as the devil because he's an adversary of Gods'. Jesus called Peter satan for opposing the death of our Lord because at that time, he wasn't fully aware of who the Messiah is.
Believing as you and I do today, believing that He rose from the dead, would we have
abandoned Him like the Apostles did?
Jesus was speaking to Satan, and only at Peter. It doesn't mean Peter had a devil. That's too much speculation by men's doctrines.

Christ's Apostles fled because it was prophesied in Zechariah 13 that they would. And it should be obvious that happened for their sake, and for The Gospel's sake, as Jesus said that would happen in Mark 14:27.

That's why the gospel was preached to the world. Jesus is returning as Judge of all living and dead including spirits.
You've got a lot of Bible study catching up to do if you think the 'sealing' by God's seal of Revelation 7 & 9 is only about the preaching of The Gospel of Jesus' death and resurrection. That 'sealing' is especially for those in Christ at the end of this world, in prep for the "great tribulation". It's about 'watching' the SIGNS of the end which Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse leading up to His future return. And those SIGNS are what His Book of Revelation are about too. The Holy Spirit is to 'seal' us with God's seal in that understanding for the end, so as to not be deceived by the coming Antichrist, and it ain't about a pope or Rome either.

No it didn't because the devil was cast out of Heaven for trying to take a Throne that is in Heaven.
Well yes it did, you just don't realize it yet. And apparently you don't recognize God's Eden being upon this earth per the Genesis 2 chapter, with God's River flowing out of His Garden and feeding four other rivers upon this earth, two of which still exist today, the Hiddekel (Tigris) and Euphrates, both in the nation of Iraq. Study the parable in Ezekiel 31.

No it's actually about a guy who ruled Tyre, but thought of himself as a god (like Nebuchadnezzer) until he got knocked on his rear end.
I thought you said you knew about that Ezekiel 28 "king of Tyrus" being where God is pointing to Lucifer? So the flesh king of Tyre had been in God's Garden of Eden? and was a cherub that covereth? and walked up and down the stones of fire at God's Altar?

Your error is where you think it convenient to just apply that section of Ezek.28 to a flesh king whenever it suits you, even though it goes against the actual written Scripture there.

It still is. The flaming sword that guards the way to eternal life is no mystery. We've been staring at it through a mirror without noticing.

Example: Men may think of themselves as gods, but we die like animals,

I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. Ecc.3:18 KJV

a man hath no preeminence above a beast Ecc.3:19 KJV

Without God that is the simple truth. Angels are no different. Only the evil ones disagree. 🙂
Now you have gone off on men's philosophy.

God's Garden of Eden was removed... back at the sin of Adam and Eve, and not just moved off this earth, but moved to a totally different dimension of existence away from the earth, to the Heavenly, which is a completely separate dimension of existence than our earthly dimension. Because of Genesis 2 shows with God's Eden once being upon this earth, it reveals the Heavenly was once joined with the earthly, right here on earth. And Revelation 21 & 22 shows He is coming back to earth, and bringing the new Jerusalem from HEAVEN with Him. And not only the Heavenly Jerusalem, but also His River of the Waters of Life and Tree of Life of Genesis 2.

Nope. Applying the Babylon Harlot to Rome and a pope is nothing but men's leaven doctrine.

The last verse of Revelation 17 that defines... the Babylon harlot says it is a "great city". Those who have actually done their homework in God's Old Testament prophets understand God is talking about Jerusalem in a fallen worship condition with that Babylon harlot "great city".

In Ezekiel 16, God reveals how Jerusalem was originally a Jebusite city, then David was given to conquer it, and God cleansed Jerusalem, describing Jerusalem as a dirty woman that He cleansed, and spread His skirt over (symbolic of marriage). But then she (Jerusalem) played the harlot against Him.

Thus God called Jerusalem a Harlot first, because of falling away from Him into false idol worship, and that is the "great city" He is pointing to in Revelation 17.

Jerusalem also is this "great city" mentioned in Revelation 11 where God's "two witnesses" will prophecy against the beast, and be killed by the beast that ascends out the bottomless pit...

the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
KJV

Revelation mentions the phrase "great city" 10 times, and only with the final 10th mention in Rev.21:10 is it about the new Jerusalem from God. All the other mention are about Jerusalem on earth in a fallen worship state.
Below is that of the seven remaining nations described as four beasts in Daniel 7:1-8 and the three kingdoms that were subdued by the little horn, which is the Roman Empire.

The three kingdoms that were subdued by the little horn of Daniel 7:24 are the Heruli, Vandals, and Ostrogoths who were eliminated by the year 538 AD under the leadership of the Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian whose deadly wound came in 1798.

Seven remaining nations that still exist today:

Babylonian Empire:
(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon. This Empire ran from 2000BC - 1759BC

Medo - Persian Empire:
(Iran) The ribs of the bear are part of the consuming greed that devours the first empire. This Empire ran approximately from 536BC - 330BC

Grecian Empire:
(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire: (little horn, Daniel 8:9-14, 23-27)
Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.
This Empire ran from 753BC -27BC

The seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25; Rev 13:3. The deadly wound came in 1798 when General Berthier of France, who made his entrance into Rome, abolished the Roman government and established a secular one and captured Pope Pius VI, who soon died in captivity in Valence, on August 29, 1799. In 1801 Napoleon made an agreement with Pope Pius II establishing Napoleon s Organic Articles of granting the Tribunal and the Corps legislative partial control of the concordat in order to help the state monitor any politically harmful Catholic or Protestant movements or activities. The wound was largely healed in 1929 when Mussolini gave the Vatican back to Pope Pius XI and established it as a country in it's own right in the Lateran Treaty.

The Roman Empire began in 753BC by Romulus who founded Rome in 27BC with Augustus Caesar becoming the first emperor of Rome in 27 BC and died in 14AD. Rome controlled over two million square miles stretching from the Rhine River to Egypt and from Britain (England) to Asia Minor which made up the Grecian Empire of Greece, Turkey, Syria and Egypt. In 146BC the Romans destroyed Corinth during the Battle of Corinth and made the Greece Empire into a province of the Roman Empire. This timeline goes from 753BC to 27BC. Nero burned Rome in 64AD and blamed the Christian community in the city causing the Roman Empires first persecution of Christians. In 1453 was the rise of the Ottoman Empire that conquered Constantinople destroying the Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire) that reigned from 330AD to 1453AD. The Roman Empire was then called the Holy Roman Empire that was a political entity beginning in 800AD - 1806AD from the time of Charlemagne (Holy Roman Emperor) who protected Pope Leo III from Adrian's supporters in Rome to Francis II, King of France. Pope Pius VII was the Pope from 1800-1823. The Roman Empire is known today as Vatican City, a city-state surrounded by Rome and Italy who has diplomatic relations with every nation around the world.

The crowns on its heads show that this dragon claims royal authority against the true King who is God of all creation as he prepares to take his seat above all that which is Gods Kingdom claiming he is God as he prepares to deceive the world through that of an existing Roman Empire, Daniel 8:9-12; Isaiah 14:12-15.

The beast rises up out of the sea, Rev 13, as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. The seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:15-28.

These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (Germans in Great Britain), the Franks (French), Suevi (Portuguese), Visigoths (Spanish), Burgundians (Swiss), Alemanni (Germans), Lombards (Italians), Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals in northern Africa. The last three being Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals had already been destroyed by the Roman Empire before their deadly wound came in 1798.

The beast out of the earth, Rev 13:11-18, is the revived Roman Empire (mystery Babylon) which causes man to take its mark. Daniel 7:25 and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, He will think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-12.

Please do not tell others they need more Bible study because we do not agree with each other. This is not Christ like in anyway, shape or form. Each one needs to take in consideration of what another presents as this is not a I'm right, you are wrong competition. Please present what you say with the scriptures you use so all of us can go and read them in order to know what one says lines up with scripture and not making scripture line up with what each one presents. It also helps to study the four different Empires that are explain in Daniel Chapter 7 being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire that have always persecuted and have made many martyr's for their witness and testimony of God and His Son Christ Jesus and how history has always repeated itself, especially with the revived Roman Empire that is a mystery to so many.

KJV

I'm not going to argue the fact that it might be the healed Roman Empire, but all roads in scripture starting with the first Empire to the forth will present itself in the end of days.

I guess we will see if we are still alive during the 3 1/2 year reign of the son of perdition, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Rev 13; 17; 18.

Back