Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roots of sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Root of False Teaching

Engaging in sin should never be blamed on God,unless you want to enrage Him of course. :o Most ministers blame sin on people which is just another false teaching.They refuse to teach what the Bible states apparently because they don't want to frighten people. :confused

Ok get ready to become really scared now. :pray

1 John 3:8 (New King James Version)

8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the WORKS OF THE DEVIL.

Did everyone survive that? :clap

Wasn't too bad was it? :biggrin

Next time you see your minister tell him it's better to be frightened than ignorant of Bible teachings. :clap3

ChevyRodeo said:
If God never gave Adam and Eve any commandments, would sin exist.
:chin
Sin is selfishness, isn’t it? Selfishness happens with or without commandments, I would think.

God gave Adam and Eve ONE command.
God is never to blame for our disobedience. But to answer your question- NO, had God not given them a commandment, sin could not have entered the world. Romans 4:15 says And where there is no law there is no transgression.

ChevyRodeo said:

Nope. Sin is defined as: Man disobeying God by either doing what He said not to do or by not doing what He said to do.

Just think if He told me not to eat the fruit from that tree over there, and I did anyway once I just couldn't stand the pressure anymore.... seems small in comparison to what we do; yet, that's all it took to hand mankind over to Satan and leave us in need of a Savior. Simple disobedience.

ChevyRodeo said:
CR,

Rom 5:12-14
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law).

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. KJV

Adam did what he was told not to do. He sinned a common sin against knowledge.

Moses did not do what he was told to do in benefit to the congregation. He did not believe the Word of the Lord and sanctify the Lord before the people. This is spiritual wickedness in neglect of faith, holding the truth in unrighteousness and despising the congregation.

Joe

does god see all of us as Adam and Eve physically, i think he does. I am Adam and Eve in that a part of each of them created me.

Sin is going against God.

I do not need laws to tell me that when I murder I am going against that man and his family.I do not need laws to tell me when I take something that is not mine that I am going against that man and what he worked for. I do not need laws to tell me when I lie to get my way I am going against all who I lied to.

God takes everything we do against our fellow man as a sin, because He created each and everyone of us. When a child does wrong the parents feel guilt and when a child is hurt the parents are hurt.

The remaining sins are against God. I do not need laws to know that it is going against God to say He does not exist...

Sin is present without God's laws, God's laws only help are meant to help us, not to create sin.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back